• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

It makes no seeeeeeennnnnsssseeeeeee. Well Spider-Man. I hate him (being on multiple teams). At least Savage She-Hulk has no backstory worth preserving, she can be put anywhere. (also just checked, she's the daughter of an alternate reality Hulk and Thundra. )

---

Anyway. Still reading Morrison's JLA. Stuns. I love the line-up so much.

Superman

Wonder Woman

Batman

Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)

Flash

Martian Manhunter

Aquaman

Steel

Plastic Man

Zauriel

Huntress

Oracle

And Aztek and Green Arrow who left. Which added, after being through really traumatising situations.

Huntress is the most unnecessary addition to the JLA ever. But then that fact makes her prescence essential. And Kyle is my favourite lantern due to his costume, nostalgia, and the fact his ring works differently to everyone elses (IIRC).

It makes no seeeeeeennnnnsssseeeeeee. Well Spider-Man. I hate him (being on multiple teams). At least Savage She-Hulk has no backstory worth preserving, she can be put anywhere. (also just checked, she's the daughter of an alternate reality Hulk and Thundra. )

---

Anyway. Still reading Morrison's JLA. Stuns. I love the line-up so much.

Superman

Wonder Woman

Batman

Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)

Flash

Martian Manhunter

Aquaman

Steel

Plastic Man

Zauriel

Huntress

Oracle

And Aztek and Green Arrow who left. Which added, after being through really traumatising situations.

Huntress is the most unnecessary addition to the JLA ever. But then that fact makes her prescence essential. And Kyle is my favourite lantern due to his costume, nostalgia, and the fact his ring works differently to everyone elses (IIRC).

Ive got the first JLA Deluxe hardcover of Morrisons JLA, really hard to find the second though. Im just waiting now until it gets a reprint. Nice to see the big team though, I only really started reading Justice League after Infinite Crisis which was when they messed about with the team again and it just never recovered.

Actually loved Uncanny X-Men which I read today. Honestly Matt Fraction can literally do no wrong. I wish he wrote all of Marvel.

And SHIELD was very cool and interesting. I fucking love Jonathan Hickmans awesome designs, and intelligent back ups, just like in Pax Romana and Secret Warriors. Loved the semi back up thing in SHIELD. Very cool.

----------------

So I'm about 6 pages into Scott Pilgrim and I think I'm gonna love it. Was in stitches at the chinese mother bit lol.

----------------

I think Cable might die. Who do you think is going to die in Second Coming?

reminds me: Word is that the Green Lantern Movie won't have Ryan Reynolds in costume on set- they're adding in the uniform in post production.

presumably, this means that they're building on the idea that the 'costume' is actually energy and not made of conventional materials. Could be a cool look.

ultimatespiderman.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN ANIMATED SERIES

Marvel Studios has announced a new Spider-Man animated series, Ultimate Spider-Man, to begin the fall of 2011 on Disney XD.

Like the comic of the same name and the next Spider-Man live-action film, Ultimate Spider-Man will feature a teenage Peter Parker.

"Ultimate Spider-Man will be a unique journey exploring our favorite web-slinger as he teams up with other fan favorite Marvel Super Heroes in never before seen stories with a new life filled with great challenges, new friends, intense action and character growth," said Eric S. Rollman, the president of Marvel Animation.

Click on the thumbnail for a larger look at the first promo for the series.

In other Marvel Animation news, The Continuum has learned that it is, according to a source, "very unlikely" that there will be a second season of Wolverine and the X-Men.

Nicktoons did not include the show in its recent upfront presentation.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1004/13/index.htm

Ugh! I'm more angry about there not being a second season of Wolverine & The X-Men. I really hate how fickle animation production is. (or whatever the right word would be).

I accept that they kinda cancel then resurrect properties in new forms all the time to try and stay fresh and capture new audiences as others move on. Spider-Man and Batman are obviously examples, but things like Power Rangers apply to (though that's not changing the actual TV show).

Kinda annoying. Wolvey + The X-Men was really story-driven too, I really enjoyed it once it got going.

At least the best comic cartoons (The DCUA; Justice Leage/Unlimited, Batman/Beyond and Superman etc) "finished" properly, and as a universe, went on for about 15 years or something.

The way they mentioned "teaming up with other heroes" just makes it sound like it's gonna be a rip-off of Brave & The Bold.

Which can only be a good thing because that cartoon is awesome. Their Aquaman is the best Aquaman there has ever been (not hard).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!