• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

• 3 weeks later...
Haha, wow, yeah how didn't I know that. Lol.

Well its not actually my script...Dan Dare asked me to scan it on. But considering you know someone that my artist something I might have a think about writing something, as its...well what I want to do in life (dream job wise...Im realistic and realise the chance of actually doing so is pretty much 0%...especially due to not doing anything about it)

Well I have started something. Before I ask for your friends details Im going to try and get some solid shit down and actually plan it out and have at least a script to be going on with.

No idea if its a good idea or a shit idea yet. Hopefully its good. Guess we'll see.

Well I have started something. Before I ask for your friends details Im going to try and get some solid shit down and actually plan it out and have at least a script to be going on with.

No idea if its a good idea or a shit idea yet. Hopefully its good. Guess we'll see.

Are you still writing your book?

• 2 weeks later...
Never been drawn to GL though, just personal preference...in DC, I prefer Batman (:heart: ), JLA and JSA. (In general)

Trust...you need to get on Green Lantern. Buy the Sinestro Corps War (Volume one and two are out...not sure if theres a combined edition yet) honestly, it is so so so good. Without a doubt DCs best stuff Ive read. The finale double sized single issue made me gasp out loud three times! THREE TIMES! Like three semi cliff hanger type things.

Really is amazing dude. And it has been since then, because its all gearing up to the war of the lanterns (ie all colours) hence my signature.

There was a teaser image released of Mongul with like...all different coloured rings on his hands. Immense.

Batman is usually bloody amazing, and the Damian stuff was wicked and it just generally all was, but I have really not like Morrisons recent run on it, and its all come to fruition now in Batman RIP...and god its been crap. Drugs...and just...ugh. Its so confusing and lame.

And just the rest of it is crappy Final Crisis and Crisis stuff, and its just so steeped in its own continuuity that it makes it impossible to read to be honest.

So thats my feelings. But basically...READ GL AND GL CORPS.

Maybe, but the fact is that I am in no way drawn to Green Lantern as a section fo DC in any way. I'm not a big fan of space wars/-based characters in the first place anyway. Unles it's normal people in space, in which case I orgasm everwhere (I.e Alien and Aliens).

I just prefer stuff set on Earth in comics, or an equivalent. :/

I am sure it's good, since have several too many recommendations, but the source material just doesn't grab me at all.

I am sure it's good, since have several too many recommendations, but the source material just doesn't grab me at all.

Honestly, if you let that stop you, you really are going to miss out on shit loads...and Im guilty of that up until recently too.

Take, The Walking Dead. Zombies don't attract me in the slightest really, and the black and whiteness was just a huge deal for me.

I read it, and it turns out its one of the most compelling, drama filled, emotional and excellently written comics out there.

I'd lend them to you but...p&p might be a bit. I dunno...if its not then I totally will send them up for you. :)

I've been reading a bit more Sin City courtesy of Jayseven. I really like Miller's art, and the writing is great stuff when it's closest to Raymond Chandler classics. Does anyone happen to know which stories are going to be in Sin City 2 when that comes around?

I've been reading a bit more Sin City courtesy of Jayseven. I really like Miller's art, and the writing is great stuff when it's closest to Raymond Chandler classics. Does anyone happen to know which stories are going to be in Sin City 2 when that comes around?

A) Yeah, I'm mixed about Millers art. In the right context (ie Sin City) its awesome, but stuff like...Dark Knight Returns is...I respect it, but I'm just not a big fan.

B) I think its a few of the previous, coupled with some original stories for...some of the other characters. Clive Owens character...original story for him at least. (I think I read this....either that or it was a dream)

ah well that may well be the one I just read then. Cool.

Yeah, art! His best that I've seen is definitely 300, then Sin City. I've not read his DK books but from what I've seen...I really don't like his super stacked Batman. Too over the top. Batman should be more natural looking.

ah well that may well be the one I just read then. Cool.

Yeah, art! His best that I've seen is definitely 300, then Sin City. I've not read his DK books but from what I've seen...I really don't like his super stacked Batman. Too over the top. Batman should be more natural looking.

Yeah. Hes sposed to be fat, but he just looks deformed.

His art is a bit too old school for me, I can appreciate it to a point but ive never been a fan. I mean my favourite comic artist at the moment is Jim Lee.

I dunno what it is about Jim Lee, he seems to be universally loved (me included). It's like if he draws a character, it's the definitive drawing of that character! :heh:

But I sometimes like less literal, more impressionistic, loose art.

I dunno what it is about Jim Lee, he seems to be universally loved (me included). It's like if he draws a character, it's the definitive drawing of that character! :heh:

He is amazing, bar his issue 50 or whatever it was of Invincible. (51...actually)

It was the worst Invincible front cover ever. You can't even tell its Jim Lee.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=Invincible%2051&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

He is amazing, bar his issue 50 or whatever it was of Invincible. (51...actually)

It was the worst Invincible front cover ever. You can't even tell its Jim Lee.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=Invincible%2051&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

It doesn't scream "Jim Lee!" at me, but it's still good. The face of the person on the right is indicative of his style though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!