• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Presumably when #1 drops! they've not even solicited cover art or anything so it looks like they'll be keeping it secret the whole way.

Kinda dig the idea, personally. I'll definitely be reading, so I'm happy to be surprised for once. The problem with being a web savvy comic fan these days is that genuine surprises are hard to come by.

Read the latest Iron Man which ends the Stark Disassembled arc, not really impressed.

Overall it just feels pointless, Starks journey inside his head pretty much had no reason and now he seems to be missing at least up to Civil War it kind of feels like a cheap way of getting him back to being a hero again......just intime for his new movie, what a shock

I disagree completely. Sure,
he doesn't remember doing what he did, but he still did it. It's not like Brand New Day. I think it'll be a really interesting way of looking at his character and the choices he made.

I think it was fucking amazing, and the last issue really hammered home his internal demons. Which I think was just brilliantly done. As Dan said he still did those things, and he's now going to have to deal with having done them, with now looking at it from a couple of different perspectives now (both as an "outsider" looking at what he did, and since everythings panned out) if you see what I mean.

-----------

Oh my fucking god, I thought The Walking Dead was brilliant. I'd go as far as to say its up there with my favourite issues. It was such a good tone and status quo setter. Set it all out nicely, great new characters, and Douglas has got such a distinctive voice when I read him, he really jumped out from the story for me. Fantastic dialogue also.

------------

Why aren't more people reading Chew!

-------------

I am LOVING Savage Dragon. Starts off a bit....painfully old school but I think it gets really brill! Feels quite Invincible-ish.

I'm on issue 27. I've got upto issue 34, and then about half of the other issues (so I've got 80 issues ish in total, but with gaps)

But yeah. Great stuff. Artwork is sometimes "Bad" but on the whole its great, and its impressive that its all done by him (well, writing, pencils, inks) and sometimes the artwork looks totally awesome, and quite nice and old school.

Also a bit cheesy.

Just really like it. Recommended. :)

GMAC, where you up to? Does it get better?

I've only read the mini and from 145 upwards so can't really comment. What I have read I've enjoyed :)

Yeah more people need to read Chew, writing and art awesome as usual! Plus the first trade is cheap!

and just read the first 42 issues of Brubakers Cap run, that's amazing stuff

I've only read the mini and from 145 upwards so can't really comment. What I have read I've enjoyed :)

Yeah more people need to read Chew, writing and art awesome as usual! Plus the first trade is cheap!

and just read the first 42 issues of Brubakers Cap run, that's amazing stuff

Agreed on all counts.

Especially Chew.

ITS £5.99 ON PLAY FOR THE TRADE (And Amazon I think)

THATS £1.20 PER ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMD was so shit. Personally, I think it's high time Spider-Man gets his shit together and starts growing out of all the pubescent awkwardness they seem intent on inflicting on him constantly.

seriously, how did they go from Stark employee to shitty photographer again? AARGH!

Hopefully, Heroic Age Avengers get a paycheck. Maybe then we can cut the crap and have him in the big leagues where he belongs.

I think there's only one man to blame for BND/OMD and that's Quesada.

I enjoyed JMS on Thor so we'll see :)

Yeah but he still went along with it so he still gets some of my wrath :p

The regression back to old Spidey was annoying but I could have accepted it if it had been done right.

No stupid deal with the devil to ger rid of the marriage. If they hated it so much then just let them get a divorce. They also shouldnt have used this as an excuse to just change whatever they wanted in Spider-Mans history. There was an article while it was happening with Joe Q asking him about all these changes and it was like it was written by a child, his answers just reeked of "I dont care how we changed things, I just want things changed because im the boss and I dont like them."

Another thing would have been for Quesada to have not gone on about just how much he hated the marriage for over a year before they took it away, it made it look like this was just a personal vendetta on his part and that Marvel couldnt let their characters make any significant progression.

I mean this is why I used to really prefer Marvel over DC, they didnt pull any of this reset stuff (maybe small things but OMD/BND was like a DC Crisis event)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!