• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Metallic might look a bit like a kitchen funnel thing, like the Tin Man. :p

OH.

Also...whatever happened to Sarah and Gabriel Osborn/Stacy? I know Sins Past was hated, and while I don't hate it, it just seems a bit...flat and meh. But Gabriel survives after being Grey Goblin for a milisecond, and Sarah walks off somewhere else...did they appear anytime since the original story?

I ask cause I would have thought Norman to have like...called them into battle/Gabriel into battle right about now.

They appeared in Sensational Spider-Man in the "Sins Remembered" arc but nothing really came of that. In ASM #598 though its shown that one of Osborns test subjects was "G.Stacy" so they are still around somewhere. Originally JMS wanted to retcon them out of existance using One More Day but wasnt allowed.

Here's the colour version FTW.

invincible72_02.jpg

I also don't recall exactly how or why he was appointed TBolts leader, but it is an initiative for ex-villains so maybe he was just a suitable head villain to lead the team. I'd also like to think that Iron Man/Tony didn't have a say in the matter, or didn't sign it off. Etc.

Dark Wolverine annoyed me. I liked the story and the ending but the portrayal of Daken pissed me off. Bone claws should NOT go through Asgardian flesh!

and The Iron Patriot suit

They treat him like he's got adamantium in him but he doesn't. He's not that powerful.

It was a good story point but handled really poorly.

Aight, got myself Invincible, Transmetropolitan and Wanted. Probs enough to keep me occupied for a while. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to this discussion for the first time after I get a good way into them. What I really loved about TWD was the assonance between the art style and the subject matter. Not a fan of the school of comic book art that aspires to 500 rows of teeth and muscled out dudes standing in vaguely warlike poses lol.

I haven't heard good things about Grant Morrison through friends though :heh:.

Aight, got myself Invincible, Transmetropolitan and Wanted. Probs enough to keep me occupied for a while. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to this discussion for the first time after I get a good way into them. What I really loved about TWD was the assonance between the art style and the subject matter. Not a fan of the school of comic book art that aspires to 500 rows of teeth and muscled out dudes standing in vaguely warlike poses lol.

Yayyyy. What did you get of Invincible? Its "good/fine" up until issue 7. Thats when it starts to get "Okay, this is something special"

witness the end of man

some of those aren't as bad as the guy makes out, I don't care enough about the guy to keep obsessing over him like you do Dan ;)

nice to see Captain America get back to some normality this week with the regular series restarting (the week before the final issue of Reborn ofc ;) )

and Invincible has been bumped another week by the looks of things

He's so shit though. It's the fact he can't draw things so they look...right. He just draws wrong. Style and exaggerration are fine...I love Chris Bachelo's stuff, for example. But Liefiled draws in such detail/works so intensely on the linework that the faults are just obvious.

and Invincible has been bumped another week by the looks of things

RRRAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

He's so shit though. It's the fact he can't draw things so they look...right. He just draws wrong. Style and exaggerration are fine...I love Chris Bachelo's stuff, for example. But Liefiled draws in such detail/works so intensely on the linework that the faults are just obvious.

Chris Bachalo is one of my favourites. He's doing the Gauntlet Lizard storyline soon. Such a perfect choice. <3 <3

So now right up to date (except yesterday's Thunderbolts issue) with Dark Avengers and Thunderbolts. (also read latest Dark Wolverine for the sake of it/I read the spoiler above)

Looking good. I assume the Sentry stuff wasn't known about before? Wonder what angle it'll go with the black cloud of doom/god approaching. Interesting, as it look like it might be a big part of Siege, wasn't expecting that.

Also, yeah bone claws shouldn't be able to go through Norman's armour. Norman should survive, he has a healing factor, though not as fast as Wolverines.

In regards to Thunderbolts. I wonder what their role will be in Siege. I assume out of the main battle.

I like how you can track Osborn slowly becoming more and more unhinged. Loved how he was on the glider whilst setting up those dominoes.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!