• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I like Walking Dead and Preacher. Reccommend me some books plz. Kthxbi.

Hmmmm.

Straight off the bat Invincible same writer as The Walking Dead and arguably as good slash better depennding on what you like. And if you liked TWD and Preacher then try

Punisher Max (havn't read, but its reknowned)

Anything by Mark Millar as he is brilliant. Old Man Logan is interestingly similar to Preacher (or as similar as anything can be)

But its gotta be Invincible dude. Comics dont get better.

Just read thia weeka Spider-man feat Rhino. Best issue in ages.

I like Walking Dead and Preacher. Reccommend me some books plz. Kthxbi.

Punisher MAX as it is written by the same writer of Preacher (Garth Ennis) and if your into Garth Ennis, The Boys but I seem to be the only one of five people on the internet who like it.

The Invisibles (Grant Morrison) was pretty good from what I have read.

Lastly: Transmetropolitan.

Edited by Mundi

Indeed

something cool though, Image are re-releasing several books #1 in the lead up to FCBD

Spawn, Savage Dragon, Proof, Chew, Witchblade, Youngblood, Invincible, The Walking Dead, Girls and Age of Bronze all for $1 each :)

think I also read Marvel will do something similar

EDIT: I was right in March from Marvel there's

March 3: INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #1

March 10: CAPTAIN AMERICA #1

March 17: WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ #1

March 24: THOR #1

March 31: PUNISHER MAX #1

and in April

April 7: WOLVERINE #66

April 14: HULK #1

April 21: NEW AVENGERS #1

April 28: CIVIL WAR #1

Edited by gmac

I am gonna write a post tomorrow about the latest two issues of Spider-Man. Loved them. Most recent was genuinely one of the best single issues of Spider-Man I've ever read actually.

GMAC do you read Four Eyes?

For the record/my record so I don't forget I want to get and read;

Y The Last Man

Proof

after I've finished Locke and Key.

And I've got about 20 or more issues of Savage Dragon now. 130 to go.

well it's not quite in the same style as TWD or Preacher though :)

I see both Invincible and TWD are bumped to the last week of the month guess 'on time in 09' hasn't carried on into '10 ;)

That kinda sucks. Still, rather have the minor delay over rushed art. I blame Haunt.

I am gonna write a post tomorrow about the latest two issues of Spider-Man. Loved them. Most recent was genuinely one of the best single issues of Spider-Man I've ever read actually.

GMAC do you read Four Eyes?

For the record/my record so I don't forget I want to get and read;

Y The Last Man

Proof

after I've finished Locke and Key.

And I've got about 20 or more issues of Savage Dragon now. 130 to go.

nah don't read Four Eyes, just started on DMZ so those trades will keep me busy for the next few weeks ;)

And Y the Last Man is on my "to read" list as well :)

How you finding early Dragon? I've only read 145 upwards and am yet to "acquire" the early stuff

Future of Avengers after Siege?

For many months the end of Dark Reign and arrival of Siege has sparked speculation about the future of the Avengers franchise. Marvel writers and editors have long claimed that Siege would once again set a new direction for many of their titles, but fans really didn't know how extensive that change would be.

Today IGN is able to exclusively reveal some of the major changes coming as a result of Siege's conclusion. Marvel has targeted all of its Avengers titles - New Avengers, Dark Avengers, Mighty Avengers and Avengers: The Initiative - for cancellation.

Yeahbutwha?

That's right, this April, Marvel is bringing an end to some of its biggest titles. We have the solicits for these final issues. Check them out below. (And keep scrolling down for the latest Siege solicits and more.)

http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/106/1061476p1.html

I assume then that we will be returning to just one proper Avengers team and book. I wonder though apart from the big three, who will be on the team.

I just read that.

Way I see it: They'll keep three books. Avengers: Academy has been confirmed as a replacement for The Initiative and they could easily field two teams of Avengers or maybe do a bi-weekly Mighty Avengers with a rotating cast.

Largely symbolic move, I reckon.

So just read X-Men Forever 1-5 (read 1 before, but not the rest).

Claremont is a terrible, terrible writer. Seriously. It's just...nonsensical. Why are the characters talking to themselves melodramatically. There's a whole bit of Storm talking to herself about her surroundings that should've been in thoughtboxes/bubbles. But yeah.

I just like the premise of going back and changing the history of the X-Men to how he would have wanted. It's...interesting (also started reading Spider-Man Clone Saga Mini for the same reason).

I also really hate when covers are too far ahead of the actual story inside. We've seen the costumes they'll presumably get later on on the cover of almost all the issues. Seems stupid to "spoil" it.

The whole thing has an air of shit about it, mainly the writing, and how...dirty the general story is. A lot of it just seems out of place.

That'd be nice.

So lets play Fantasy Avengers!

Here's a list I cooked up earlier

1st team

Captain America (Bucky)

Iron Man

Thor

Hawkeye (Clint Barton)

Spider-Man

Beast

2nd Team

Hank Pym (The Wasp)

Noh-Varr (Captain Marvel)

Hercules/ Cho (They're inseperable)

Iron Fist

Spider-Woman

Black Widow

Thunderbolts

Songbird

Taskmaster

Ant Man ( O'Grady)

Constrictor

Penance

Radioactive Man

I would have thought they'd have at least one woman on the main team. But good call with Beast, would make sense, and be pretty cool to have him on the team again.

I don't read Thunderbolts, whatever happened to the old/original Thunderbolts? I mean Atlas, Mach-1/2/3, Techno et al?

Ooooh good call on Beast.

I don't read Thunderbolts, whatever happened to the old/original Thunderbolts? I mean Atlas, Mach-1/2/3, Techno et al?

Ermmmm they changed up around Civil War. A few of them have been in it a few times since, and I imagine they'll be back post Siege.

Tbolts

Songbird

Antman

Mach IV (V?)

Radioactive Man

Black Widow

Penance (Speedball)

Avengers

Captain America (Bucky)

Iron Man

Thor

Hawkeye

Spider-Woman

Beast

~ And I wouldn't mind the Young Avengers with maybe some Initiative recruits ~

I would have thought they'd have at least one woman on the main team. But good call with Beast, would make sense, and be pretty cool to have him on the team again.

Good point...Could switch up Spider-Man and Spider-Woman although missing out on Spider-Man/ Beast banter could be a crime against the U.N charter on Human Rights. I'll have to check.

Alternatively, Give Hank Pym a solo title as a sci fi Indiana Jones type affair and make Hawkeye team leader to make room for Spider-Woman

I've left myself no room for Ms. Marvel. Unpleasant business.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!