• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I hate knowing War Machine is in it.

Since it was hinted but left alone in the first one, just in case they decided not to include him.

Then again, I'm blown. I loved the first one.

---

Caught up with Uncanny. Last issue was awesome! Brilliant battle issue. Screaming at Rogue being too good with absorbed powers, and the

Pheonix appearing/leaving in the middle of the battle whilst everyone's still reeling from the Predator X attack.

Yeah I hate Land. I thought he might be getting more tolerable or something, but it STILL hinders the story. The bit the issue before where Scalphunter is being "hired", there's a random woman posing in front of the evil mastermind guy, and you're not sure what she's meant to be doing/why she's there, and if it has any meaning.

Also one panel last issue where the cuckoos were just the same picture 3 times...I know they're triplets, but wen they run, they won't run in sync, their HAIR BLOWING THE SAME WAY IN THE WIND.

Hahaha yeah was that the woman posing like she, ah, just came in a herbal essences advert? that was tea spittingly funny. It just makes no sense.

Uncanny is getting a really harsh critical response too. CBR review it every month to the tune of 'Fraction is taking the series in bold directions and doing good work...but Land is shit'

it never gets more than 3 stars- clealry it would be getting 4 or something with a proper artist.

Hahaha yeah was that the woman posing like she, ah, just came in a herbal essences advert? that was tea spittingly funny. It just makes no sense.

Uncanny is getting a really harsh critical response too. CBR review it every month to the tune of 'Fraction is taking the series in bold directions and doing good work...but Land is shit'

it never gets more than 3 stars- clealry it would be getting 4 or something with a proper artist.

Definitely, It's really making waves (not really the right term), and feels like the series you know and love is progressing in a new and exciting way. And the writing just feels really "realistic" or something. Not Claremont where the battle freezes for 10 minutes so people can have monologues.

Yeah Calremont is a total dinosaur. I was really looking forward to Forever and then realised that there was a reason 90s comics aren't remembered very fondly. Over burdened, creaking scripts and unelegant story telling were the hallmarks of the day. Bad times.

Land is just shit. Totally boring hack.

Caught up with Invincible. Interesting info on the Viltrumites, and the most recent issue had several minor "scream" moments.

I love how anti-cliche they were with

Conquest. Cause you knew he would break free at some point, but you expected it to be in 20 issues or something.

Not sure how keen I am on the

baby drama. But we've seen all of a panel of said drama, so we'll see.

Caught up with Invincible. Interesting info on the Viltrumites, and the most recent issue had several minor "scream" moments.

Conquest. Cause you knew he would break free at some point, but you expected it to be in 20 issues or something.

Epic win tbh.

Did you notice the lack of continuity with the pants? He said ''your pants are out here'' then.... there she was, in the bathroom, wearing pants.

ReZ pointed out that trousers are called pants in America.

Um. Anyway.

Was a good episode!

Did you notice the lack of continuity with the pants? He said ''your pants are out here'' then.... there she was, in the bathroom, wearing pants.

ReZ pointed out that trousers are called pants in America.

Um. Anyway.

Was a good episode!

The very fact you're an up to date Invincible reader blows me into the blue.

STEEEEEEVE!

That was an awesome last page. Interesting that Bucky is still wearing the colours now Steve is back- I don't know how they'll go about it but I really hope Bucky remains an Avenger in some form. Maybe not as Captain America but seeing as they'll almost certainly maintain at least two Avengers books, there's certainly room for two Super Soldiers.

I've started reading The Initiative too. I can see why you like it, rez: It's basically Green Lantern Corps with a more varied colour palete :p

STEEEEEEVE!

That was an awesome last page. Interesting that Bucky is still wearing the colours now Steve is back- I don't know how they'll go about it but I really hope Bucky remains an Avenger in some form. Maybe not as Captain America but seeing as they'll almost certainly maintain at least two Avengers books, there's certainly room for two Super Soldiers.

I've started reading The Initiative too. I can see why you like it, rez: It's basically Green Lantern Corps with a more varied colour palete :p

Im thinking maybe they will be leaving Bucky as Cap for a while so that nobody knows Steve is back yet.

STEEEEEEVE!

I don't have enough good things to say about The Initiative.

I love how its mostly obscure characters, and the artist on it at the moment is an absolute superstar. Can't see how he's not getting more attention.

Haunt #3

I must say I quite like where this is going. Theres a lot of mystery, and theres some intesting characters and relationships. Its a bit slow, but its the third issue and its gotta start somewhere. Art is good/great too. And in the letters column they confirm it is definitely set in the standard Image universe and there may be cross-overs at some point. Which is excellent news IMO.

7.8/10

Siege The Cabal

That was awesome. And pretty much confirms what I was told by that guy! INSIDE INFO FTW!

That Normie has Marvelman on his side.

And the preview for Siege was cool.

9/10

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!