• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Oh man he's a fucking pimp. He's basically Horse God Thor. I don't know too much about him, but he's one of the cosmic pimps who hangs out in space. He's really cool though.

Look how cool his hammer is. You could actually buy this (replica...not to scale)

betabill.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_Ray_Bill

My friend is actually considering going as him to the Christmas Super Hero Shindig.

Yeah I'm still not big on Irredeemable. Did you guys see the new series by Mark Waid (for Boom) (same universe as Irredeemable) Incorruptable. Its the opposite, so a previous villain who becomes a hero.

Anyway.

I am on volume 4 of Scalped now, and it is really really great. There is some cracking characters and even better dialogue, messages and great themes. Its awesome. Really it is. Volume 1 and 2 kind of set it up a lot though, so its a slow burner.

Because its so good, I picked up;

Wolverine Weapon X (the new series) by the same writer, and I simply love the front covers and the bad guys (three guesses why) :D

WolverineWeaponX4.jpg

And its really awesome. I recommend you guys read it, however you do that.

I am going to make custom heroclix models of one of em tomorrow.

I think im still going to get at least the first trade, id like to read more of characters I dont know aswell past the main DC heroes and I think this will be a good way to. Plus the reviews ive read have been mostly positive.

Your not really a big DC fan anyway are you ReZ? After GL I mean.

Edited by Happenstance

TBF I very much love the idea of their Elseworlds stuff (although I've not read much) and they have created some classic characters, and GL is AMAZING (largely because its not set in the DCU...lolz.) and Batmans good.

But Vertigo FTW.

I was gonna say something else too but can't remember.

So! Irredeemable #8

I know I'm probably the series' strongest advocate here but I really think this issue is the best yet. It just knocks it out the park. It's still not dealing in the bold strokes of the common comic book lexicon but there's so much character development here. It's a subtle book, and might seem unsatisfying to some, but I honestly think this is the best independent title going right now. It's an absolute masterpiece in every sense of the medium.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!