NEurope

OMG Flashpoint #2 is utter shite. They're just squeezing way too much into way too little a space.

I dunno. It just didn't feel legit. I could only empathise with what Evil Batman was probably thinking;

'Another nut case dead. Yawn.'

Wonder Woman was pretty rad.

Basically, just too much stuff being crowbarred in.

It's no Age of Apocalypse, that's for sure. Liking Thomas Wayne as Batman though- clever little twist.

Age of Apocalypse was immense though. Magneto as leader of the X-Men in memory of the murdered Xavier fighting a resistance war against a fascist mutant state run by Apocalypse. It just rocked. So many characters moved around, re designed, given new histories... it was great, and unlike Flashpoint it was given space to flex out and expand. It had texture and depth.

It's no Age of Apocalypse, that's for sure. Liking Thomas Wayne as Batman though- clever little twist.

Age of Apocalypse was immense though. Magneto as leader of the X-Men in memory of the murdered Xavier fighting a resistance war against a fascist mutant state run by Apocalypse. It just rocked. So many characters moved around, re designed, given new histories... it was great, and unlike Flashpoint it was given space to flex out and expand. It had texture and depth.

AoA was what 4 miniseries? only one was completely key, I think (if memory serves) it was 36 issues in total, Flashpoint is 55 :P

You've got to laugh at the reboot thing though, David finch's batman is getting a new one, despite it only ever being 2 issues.

I'm-a start trying to get back on track comics-wise today. :) Starting with Uncanny X-Force, and then the other X-titles I've missed out on in the last 6 months or so.

Well we know what Justice League Dark is now:

Justice League Dark, what DC terms “a band of supernatural heroes” — John Constantine, Deadman, Shade the Changing Man and Madame Xanadu (wouldn’t it be cool if they really were supposed to be a band?) – written by Peter Milligan.

Not something i'll be reading

Well we know what Justice League Dark is now:

Not something i'll be reading

Realistically if they called it anything but JLD they would lose sales, surprised the swamp things not there too...

Happenstance, which 1's will you be getting?

I'll actually get quite a few of the #1s but mainly out of curiosity then i'll drop them. So far the ones im planning on sticking with (at least for a while) are:

Batman

Batman & Robin

Nightwing

Batgirl

Superman

Teen Titans

Flash

JLA

DC Universe Presents

Green Lantern

Green Lantern New Guardians

Aquaman

Justice League International

Don't suppose there's a convenient list of confirmed #1s?

EDIT: OMG, I hate myself. I just found one.

Srsly, why hasn't Batman Beyond been confirmed yet?

tumblr_lm9v2edYae1qaunvy.gif

Srsly, why hasn't Batman Beyond been confirmed yet?

Because you are the only one who ever goes on about it :p Not much of a market.

But like DC always go on about it being a fan favourite. Also, there's no excuse with turd like Aquaman being made. That dude speaks to fish.

tumblr_lmb26cjxwA1qjmnwmo1_500.jpg

Tch, aquaman is cool he summons dead fish!

I'm sorry daft, given the sheer amount of batman titles, it looks like beyond won't happen. What might happen is a (since JL is the new buzz word) JL of the future...

A lot companies will go on about fan favourite stuff, never really means anything

Uuurgh. If Batman Beyond stops, I stop. My foray into comics will be over.

Tch, aquaman is cool he summons dead fish!

I'm sorry daft, given the sheer amount of batman titles, it looks like beyond won't happen. What might happen is a (since JL is the new buzz word) JL of the future...

JLU Beyond, or whatever, blow. I wrote about them on the other page. They're just amazingly unlike-able.

Edited by Daft

Uuurgh. If Batman Beyond stops, I stop. My foray into comics will be over.

Good to know

Batman

Batman & Robin

Nightwing

Superman

Action Comics

Flash

JL

DC Universe Presents

Green Lantern

Green Lantern New Guardians

Green Lantern Corps

Aquaman

Justice League International

Fury of the Firestorm

To be fair this reboot/replace thing has got me more interested in DC comics, i'll probably get more than this once I see the solicits...

If it's any consolation he summons dead fish at the moment...

I would assume thats done with now after all he went through in Brightest Day

Edited by Happenstance

I know I'm months late to the party but the first arc of Uncanny X-Force was the most stunning thing. STUNNING artwork, well-written (felt like it managed to avoid shite without trying to be 'something else', or 'cool' i.e Bendis or whoever) and just a striking story. I loved Apocalypse's Horsemen. Come the FRAK on!

I loved the conclusion. Like...we have to just deal. Left me so "..." (not in a bad way) but also "...I understand."

I loved how they all understood and didn't react to what happened, since like...there's no point when the deed is done. Yes.

It managed to suprise me several times, something that is hard to achieve with a hardened comic reader.