NEurope

Because they are young care free mutants, before Magneto appeared and genocide was on the cards, before gruff wolverine snikted every bad guy, before mutants were hated by all, before sentinals killed 16 millions mutants in the space of seven hours, before the scarlet witch depowered ninety five percent of the worlds remaining mutants, before a sentinal from the future came and tried to kill the remaining 200, before a mutant civil war engulfed the rest of the mutants.

(did i cover it all...?)

Poor Scott, if he kills himself after this, I will deem it fitting to his story.

Edit: Godammit why is Land drawing it? why can't Terry Dodson be the regular artist

UNCANNY X-MEN To End in October

3581is8.gif

--

I need to catch-up with X-Men now I'm slowly recovering from my comcis lapse. Right up to date with X-Force, which stuns me, but is removed from the general X-goings on obviously.

Gonna catch up with Invincible today (since it was -there-), *think* I last read 73 (the one where it's basically the recovery/bonding issue).

Edited by Paj!

Just started watching Green Lantern Emerald Knights. Its very weird. They decided to keep all the character and world designs from First Flight but changed the voice actors (not all for the better, Sinestro and Kilawog dont sound right at all) and shoved Sinestro back as a Lantern. While it probably wont impact on the movie too much, its just a bit odd and noticable for people who saw the first one.

It is nice though that it seems to tie into the bigger DC universe. Theyve already mentioned "the crisis".

My bluray copy arrived today, I enjoyed it and yeah its weird having all the same designs but it didnt really put me off. Nice enjoyable stories and the extras are great.

Batman: Year One is going to be awesome.

One thing id like to see is more than one Earth lantern shown at a time. Only time I ever remember that was when both Kyle and John Stewart were in an episode of JLU. It'd just be nice to show that Hal Jordan isnt the only lantern from Earth (and not the best either in my opinion)

Yeah I liked that in the DCUA universe Hal was the first Earth lantern we see (way back in the Superman cartoon) and then reappears later on in JL after Jon Stewart has been established as one. Can't remember if it ever explains/gives a reason for their being two. Or if one was needed.

That wasnt Hal, that was Kyle

Superman, Superboy and Supergirl #1 covers:

sm_cv1.jpg

sb_cv1.jpg

sg_cv1.jpg

Also I just read an interview about the Teen Titans book and they confirmed Tim Drake is still a former Robin.

Edited by Happenstance
Automerged Doublepost

Supergirl is pretty rad.

Why is Superboy a robot? I am not happy. His t-shirt and jeans get up makes him awesome.

Hating Superman. I prefer the other look.

imageprocasp.jpg

He looks way slicker. This Superman looks like some Golden Age douche.

Edited by Daft

Superman's new costume is awful. Looks like an action figure design, when they would really annoyingly release a 'Wave" with 4 variations of the main hero, and 1 villain. Like...that could be the costume for 'Ultra-Belt Action Superman!' or something. Ugh.

Supergirl's cape/hair is stunning since I hated the naivete/creepy oldman-perving-on-schoolgirl-in-too-small-skirt feel of the previous costume.

Stunned by Superboy/Supergirl/Blue Beetle.

Superman reminds me of... but then, I'm ready for a reboot, and doing interesting things with the character, now they've been brainstorming for the past 60 years.

----

I wish Liefeld would die.

6f3d70f6fb0a7f0fd18c8fcc6a2d49e66d9b3df5-hawkndovenew.jpg

-----

Sgt. Rock and the Men of War #1

37f3cfcef53590a0346d76af94d1bb6b55b25d3d-men_of_war_cv1msdmwe2.jpg

Stunned.

Now up to date with Uncanny X-Men.

I hate Greg Land and am STILL stunned he is allowed to work. He must be so cheap to hire and get deadlines done on time guaranteed (obviously, just tracing...). I otherwise really liked the Quarantine arc. I loved the San Francisco X-Men team, and all the hints being dropped that they'd be a squad of their own in the future were yes.

550w_comics_uncanny_xmen.jpg

I loved the 'realistic' interaction between Dazzler/Pixie/(Northstar). Team 'banter' is something that's been lacking for the majority of superhero comic's existence. I love the fact Pixie is welsh too, and Dazzler loving the phrase 'Tidy'. Ys.

Breaking Point is kinda cool so far...not mind-blowing (unless the cliffhanger at the end of 537 proves to hold weight, though I doubt it will).

r8FzW.jpg

"Harley Quinn! Deadshot! King Shark! They’re a team of death-row super villains recruited by the government to take on missions so dangerous – they’re sheer suicide! Who will be the first to crack under the pressure? Find out in SUICIDE SQUAD #1, written by Adam Glass (FLASHPOINT: LEGION OF DOOM) with art by Marco Rudy (THE SHIELD)."

WTH again to this DC reboot!

sm_cv1.jpg

Hmm at AIL PLAN.

Definition of AIL

transitive verb

: to give physical or emotional pain, discomfort, or trouble to

Edited by Dante

Can someone explain why there's about 7 different Batman books in the DC reboot? And why/how is Grant Morisson's run continuing?

I feel shat on. Ugh.

Suicide Squad could stun. I love King Shark's optimistic face.

I feel shat on. Ugh.

Same, it is "lets destroy everything that we build on so that we can get even better sales by bringing in new readers". The odd thing is that it looks like Green Lantern hasn't been changed at all.

DC's Reboot

01 - Justice League by Geoff Johns & Jim Lee

02 - Wonder Woman by Brian Azzarello & Cliff Chiang

03 - Aquaman by Geoff Johns & Ivan Reis

04 - The Flash by Brian Buccellato & Francis Manapul

05 - The Fury of Firestorm by Gail Simone, Ethan Van Sciver & Yildiray Cinar

06 - The Savage Hawkman by Tony Daniel & Philip Tan

07 - Green Arrow by JT Krul & Dan Jurgens

08 - Justice League International by Dan Jurgens & Aaron Lopresti

09 - Mister Terrific by Eric Wallace & Roger Robinson

10 - Captain Atom by JT Krul & Freddie Williams II

11 - DC Universe Presents by Paul Jenkins & Bernard Chang

12 - Green Lantern by Geoff Johns, Doug Mahnke & Christian Alamy

13 - Green Lantern Corps by Peter J. Tomasi, Fernando Pasarin & Scott Hanna

14 - The New Guardians by Tony Bedard, Tyler Kirkham & Batt

15 - Red Lanterns by Peter Milligan, Ed Benes & Rob Hunter

16 - Batman by Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo

17 - Detective Comics by Tony Daniel

18 - Batman & Robin by Peter Tomasi & Patrick Gleason

19 - Batman: The Dark Knight by David Finch

20 - Batwoman by J.H. Williams III, Haden Blackman & Amy Reeder

21 - Birds of Prey by Duane Swierczynski & Jesus Saiz

22 - Catwoman by Judd Winick & Guillem March

23 - Batgirl by Gail Simone, Ardian Syaf & Vicente Cifuentes

24 - Nightwing by Kyle Higgins & Eddy Barrows

25 - Red Hood & the Outlaws by Scott Lobdell & Kenneth Rocafort

26 - Batwing by Judd Winick & Ben Oliver

27 - Swamp Thing by Scott Snyder & Yanick Paquette

28 - Animal Man by Jeff Lemire, Travel Foreman & Dan Green

29 - Justice League Dark by Peter Milligan & Mikel Janin

30 - Demon Knights by Paul Cornell, Diogenes Neves & Oclair Albert

31 - Frankenstein, Agent of Shade by Jeff Lemire & Alberto Ponticelli

32 - Voodoo by Ron Marz & Sami Basri

33 - Resurrection Man by Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning & Fernando Dagnino

34 - I, Vampire by Josh Fialkov & Andrea Sorrentino

35 - Teen Titans by Scott Lobdell, Brett Booth & Norm Rapmund

36 - Static Shock by John Rozum & Scott McDaniel

37 - Legion Lost by Fabian Nicieza & Pete Woods

38 - Legion of Superheroes by Paul Levitz & Francis Portela

39 - Hawk & Dove by Sterling Gates & Rob Liefeld

40 - Stormwatch by Paul Cornell & Miguel Sepulveda

41 - Blackhawks by Mike Costa & Ken Lashley

42 - Sgt. Rock and the Men of War by Ivan Brandon & Tom Derenick

43 - All Star Western by Justin Gray, Jimmy Palmiotti & Moritat

44 - Deathstroke by Kyle Higgins, Joe Bennett & Art Thibert

45 - Grifter by Nathana Edmondson & CAFU/BIT

46 - OMAC by Dan Didio, Keith Giffen & Scott Koblish

47 - Blue Beetle by Tony Bedard, Ig Guara & Ruy Jose

48 - Suicide Squad by Adam Glass & Marco Rudy

49 - Superman by George Perez?

50 - Action Comics by Grant Morrison & Rags Morales?

51 - Superboy by Scott Lobdell?

52 - Supergirl by Michael Green & Mike Johnson?

- Batman Beyond by Adam Beechen

Ended:

• Booster Gold
  • DC Universe Online Legends
  • Doc Savage
  • Gotham City Sirens
  • Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors
  • Jonah Hex
  • Justice Society of America
  • Power Girl
  • Red Robin
  • Secret Six
  • The Spirit
  • Superman/Batman
  • T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents
  • Titans
  • Zatanna

Edited by Dante

I don't really get it. Batman Beyond #1, JLA Beyond #1 and Batman Inc #1 aren't on the list but they are still confirmed. So they are/aren't part of the 52? Is Batman Beyond going to stop for a while or just revert to #1 after the arc is over?

Batgirl 1 is certainly the relaunch title that has caused the biggest reaction/backlash, here Gail Simone (who is a goodun/not a shit) opens up at her own feelings on the project, as writer of the new series, but also as one of the writers most associated with the handicapped character of Oracle in general.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/gail-simone-dicusses-batgirl-and-oracle-110609.html

An excerpt:

...But the two elements that gave me most pause were decided whether or not I was on board. Bryan's run [on Batgirl starring Stephanie Brown as Batgirl, an initially controversial decision in itself, but a series that was embraced as a fan favourite] was ending, sadly, and Barbara was going to be the Batgirl again. The first part was heartbreaking, and the second, well, honestly, the thought of writing Babs-as-Batgirl stories is one of those dreams a writer holds in her heart, like the hope of writing the Marvel Family, or Plastic Man, or Spider-Man, or any of the other things I'm not sure I'll ever really get the chance to do. But before I would ever come on board, it had to make sense, it had to have a purpose. I have other books I can write, and DC could find someone else to write Batgirl.

But here is the key decider for me. It's the relaunch.

That really moves all the goalposts, Jill. I could never really get behind, taking the Babs that's been running the Bat-verse, toppling countries, helping herd the JLA, all those things...I could never see, even with the very heartfelt and passionate words of many people with disabilities who asked for it, putting that Babs back in the cape and cowl. I don't think I could ever have done that.

The most persuasive argument to put Babs back in the boots has always been one that I would argue against vehemently for story reasons, but that was impossible to argue with ethically. And I have heard this question a million times...why is it that virtually every single hero with a grievous injury, or even a death, gets to come back whole, except Barbara Gordon? Why? Why was Batman's back broken, and he was barely in the chair long enough to keep the seat warm, and now it's never even mentioned?

Arms and legs get ripped off, and they grow back, somehow. Graves don't stay filled. But the one constant is that Barbara stays in that chair.

Role model or not, that is problematic and uncomfortable, and the excuses to not cure her, in a world of purple rays and magic and super-science, are often unconvincing or wholly meta-textual. And the longer it goes on, the more it has stretched credibility.

Maybe they'll write them well / not annoying this time round?

I question all the time why there seems to be so few comic book writers that can actually write well. Like... surely DC and Marvel should be able to afford to employ the best of the best writers? Why isn't every comic Morisson-calibur?

Well to be fair, Marvel have got shit loads of amazings. Like really amazing. Fraction, Spencer and Hickman are all STUNNING, and Millar, Bendis, Gage, Slott etc are all great/awesome. DC have Morrison and Johns and...Simone. I can't even name anyone else who actually does stun from them. Its silly.

Can someone explain why there's about 7 different Batman books in the DC reboot? And why/how is Grant Morisson's run continuing?

I fucking hate this so much. Don't need that many fucking Batman books. Its so much overexposure, so much to follow it just makes reading Batman a chore and an undesirable thing to do.

-------

Thanks to Happenstance I read Invincible #80. Win. Utter win.

And Paj....you get to read the whole Viltrumite War. I R JEALOUS>

No love for Cornell ReZ? :o

@ Daft, Batman Inc isn't included because its a 12 issues series called Batman: Leviathan coming out in january

I cant talk about any of his other comic work but Bryan Q Miller has been awesome for DC as well. If he cant carry on with Steph on Batgirl then I would have liked to see what he would have done with some other characters. He wrote a really good Damien as well which not every writer seems to be able to do.

Oh yeah Cornell.

And I forgot to mention....Greg Land drawing the last issue of Uncanny X-Men is a complete and utter fucking disgust and disgrace.

OH. Forgot to say - Fucking immense. In Invincible 80 (for non-upto-daters) they rip the piss out of the DC relaunch.

The amount of Batman titles in the relaunch just sullies the feeling of conciseness a relaunch should have. Like...Batwing? *flush*

I'm now catching up with X-Men Legacy (I will get to Invicible soon don't worry!). I like how it's so *shrug* as a thing. Just Rogue and Magneto with various other jokes like going about their quite mundane business, but with lasting consequences at the end of it. Omega Sentinel :( Hellion's a dick. I hate him. He feels like a bad DC character. Like a shit 90's teen hero with an 'attitude'. I wish his face/dick was cut off instead of his hands.

Psylocke needs a new costume. It's just silly. I know we're talking about superhero comics but...even in X-Force, which is more stunningly written and 'serious' (and they even have mission-appropriate suits, as shown when they go into space...), she turns up in the frozen wastes in her thongkini. Gtfo. But yeah in Legacy when she's helping clear debris from the ruins of SF, whilst wearing her stupid costume, just looks silly. Just give her a pair of trousers.

Edited by Paj!

I dont mind members of the Batfamily getting a book each, its just Batman getting multiple ones. It should have whittled down to simply Batman or Batman & Robin for him, leave room in the 52 for other characters.