Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

I actually think it worked. I mean, Tony is kind of unique amongst the heroes in the MU that he doesn't really seem to enjoy what he does. It's more that he can do it, and his guilt over his former way of life drives him to it. He's never seemed naturally heroic and often nearly overwhelmed by some of the stuff he has to deal with. So for him to buckle under the stress in Paris actually seemed quite natural for me.

Also, I think it's clear now that Fraction was always going to bring it back. He's been writing it in the background for some time now. Since #1 actually.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I actually think it worked. I mean, Tony is kind of unique amongst the heroes in the MU that he doesn't really seem to enjoy what he does. It's more that he can do it, and his guilt over his former way of life drives him to it. He's never seemed naturally heroic and often nearly overwhelmed by some of the stuff he has to deal with. So for him to buckle under the stress in Paris actually seemed quite natural for me.

Also, I think it's clear now that Fraction was always going to bring it back. He's been writing it in the background for some time now. Since #1 actually.

So whats happening in Iron Man then with the drinking? Fear Itself made it look like he was doing it as a way to contact Odin, giving up his sobriety as his most important possession or something.

Yeah that's true- but it's also a reaction against what happened in Paris I think.

Can someone explain to me the whole 'returnable' comics thing.

well normally retailers are not allowed to return the comics they order to the publishers

however in order to get stock of the 52 in the shops DC have stated that if they order certain numbers of certain books they will allow retailers to return any unsold copies and get their money back (or a large chunk of it anyway)

I can't remember which books it was, but it wasn't the major books like Batman, Action Comics, Justice League, etc

(assuming this is what you're referring to)

Invincible preview is out. Its generally not "mind blowing" but fuck I love the first five pages. Someones back, and the colourist is really good, then Ottley gets to flex a bit on a few different groups in the latter pages.

Its setting itself up to be my favourite issue in a while, just in those few pages. It feels like its back.

Yeah, art wise. Writing wise it was Grant Morrison talking out his arse only slightly more than usual.

I get what they were trying to do but it's just too much. They should have gone with something representative of modern technology, which is clean UI. Instead they went with the clutter of Windows 95 to represent Internet 3.0.

I'm so happy Wonder Woman is good. I read an interview about it and it sounds like they'd actually sorted it out and brought it all up to date. This is promising.

Not too surprised about the worst ones, apart from Detective Comics. I thought Green Arrow might do a little better since the Flashpoint mini was meant to be pretty good.

I wish that was official.

It was just some weird Superman storyline that was a tie in to Final Crisis. I dont think its particularly well thought of but that'd be because its associated with the mess that was Final Crisis.

Trollison.gif

I feel like...you have no time for things like it. Or actually just that if you know what the Plan that runs through all his work, you deal with Final Crisis. There's references and characters/events from his Animal Man run in there for example.

He talked about it very well when I went to see him the other day. It's about the unravelling of fiction blah etc I'm over it.

Just read Flashpoint #5 and as with the rest of the series, im a bit disapointed with it. I thought the ending was nice but the fight and then creating of the DCnU was a bit crappy I think. Still, at least we are there now.

Oh and Paj, you know a lot of people besides me dont like Grant Morissons work, ive explained why before so im not gonna keep going over it. Its great that you like him and can enjoy his work and I know that a lot of people do like him but please dont talk to me like im just not giving it enough time or something, its insulting.

You might as well read all of Flashpoint. It's hardly going to take long (and you ain't paying).

I like some of Morrisons stuff and I hate some of his stuff. I'm kind of surprised anyone finds him consistently brilliant, though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!