NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Why Halo Got A September Release!

Seems like a rather worthless article to me. It's thinly veiled Halo bashing, putting the worst light on everything.

Irregardless of quality, Halo 3 is going to be a huge success. CoD4 will sell well, certainly, but I doubt the attach rate will be anywhere near as high as Bungie's game — the Master Chief is an Xbox institution. Furthermore the two are complimentary products, not competing. Yes they are both first-person shooters, but they are very different in how they play, look, and feel. I'll own both and I don't think I'm taking any chances by saying most other 360 owners here will as well.

I think the only valid point in this article is that of Microsoft's fiscal quarter ending September 30th. Halo 3 is being pushed as a system seller and there's no indication that this won't transpose to reality. If anything having Bungie's title on store shelves before the other games cited in the article will improve those games' sales by having more 360s in homes.

Just read a pretty good article from the guys over at Teamxbox.com. While all the reasons are good ones I think the last one is freaking hilarious due to the possiblity of it being quite true.

Enjoy!

http://editorials.teamxbox.com/xbox/2029/TeamTalk-Why-Bungie-Gave-Up-November/p1/

I think the same as you, the last reason could very well be true. But it will still sell loads of copies due to fan boys.

Don't hate me for saying this, but i think that Halo 3 is all hyped and loads of copies will be sold to the fan boys out there. The original Halo was good, but 2 did not live up to 1. This new one could be over-rated and not be as good as it says it is.

to be true i was really dissapointed when i saw the in-game video from halo 3 i liked halo 2

im not really convinced to buy halo 3 yet i want to see more of it

Here’s what I think: Bungie had a “Bring Your Kid to Work” day…but then the parents never came back. So the kids found an old build of Halo 2 in development and finished Halo 3 based on that.

Haha love it.

that last point is such bollocks. Just because a company doesn't pursue an art direction like gears (which is fairly shit anyway) it isn't some damning curse on their dev cycle.

gameplay, design and sound in the beta shat all over gears. It wasn't even a finished version...

Why would Halo 2.5 even be considered a bad thing? Halo 2 was brilliant. Stick a better campaign on the end of that (with 4 player online co-op, no less) and let the good times roll.

It got a September release because of GTA didn't it? Now thats delayed, i wonder if Microsofts wishes they never set a date and could have had another month or so....

Saying that, Halo 3 was probably finished ages ago!

Halo 3 is being released slightly earlier because they finished slightly ahead of schedule. I know that sounds crazy, but that would be my bet.

Since it turns out Halo 3 is now 4 player co-op over Xbox Live does anyone wanna organize groups to play together when the game comes out?

Just a thought. :heh: