NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Dare

make my pc purdy.

i got a new pc this weekend, i was wondering if theres a site or two to make the deskstop a bit better looking than the usual windows xp shebang.

Whats wrong with standard XP looks? I have the media center theme. You can get it from MS or just google it. Its called "Royale".

Anything that covers your styles instead of replacing them will slow your computer down badly.

I suggest TGTSoft's StyleXP and then getting Visual Styles from the Windows Utilities skins section of deviantART. You can actually just modify a .dll file somehow to avoid getting the software first but that's a bit more risky.

You can actually just modify a .dll file somehow to avoid getting the software first but that's a bit more risky.

That's what I did, it's dead easy and I've had no problems.

Here you go.

Then you just get the style files from deviantART as Shorty says. Stick them in c:\windows\resources\themes or something.

yah whenever i think windows needs to look better i use windows blinds like what raining again mentioned

yah whenever i think windows needs to look better i use windows blinds like what raining again mentioned

Windowblinds is, unfortunately, one of those programs that covers instead of changing. So it sucks a lot of RAM and slows down your system. I'd seriously consider applying msstyles instead.

I rarly change the Theme anywho, just the Log-On screen and wallpaper.

Windowblinds never slowed my pc down...

windows blinds slows my pc down a tad, but its not really noticeable unless ive got more than 6 or so programs open. (with 512mb ram) i had more problems with themexp, had to use a system restore point to save it.

Ive tried some shells asides from the windows one, even if they look good they slow down the PC and theyre usually not very useful, interface wise.

i have never really bothered. if anything i would take a picture from my digital camera and load it. but i dont really look at it long.

I used to have logonXP but it really slowed down my logon screen, you can get a bootscreen skinner aswell but god knows what that'll do to your system

Sign in to follow this