NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sprout

How do I get the Three Red Lights?

Yes, it's a rather odd question, but hear me out here. Basically, my 360 is busted in a sense that it won't play my games properly. Some get errors, and some simply won't play at all, and since this is the case with all the games, I figure it's my 360 that's the problem. Anywho, I ring up that customer service place and they tell me that it'd cost £80 to repair it, but if I get the three red lights they'll be able to fix it for free. So now I'm on a quest to get three red lights. And, err, any help would be appreciated.

Sprout mate I would just say I got the red rings to Microsoft customer service, to my knowledge I don't know if they can really figure out if youve been lying or not.

Sprout mate I would just say I got the red rings to Microsoft customer service, to my knowledge I don't know if they can really figure out if youve been lying or not.

They turn it on in the repair station..

I Would just reccomend moving the 360 Slightly when the disc is moving, perhaps from Horizontal to vertical or vice versa. Thats how I got mine...

OR...Remove the hard drive when the loading screen starts....

OR...Remove the hard drive when loading a demo

get your 360. wrap it in several towels leave it on for and hour or too shake it RROD!

They turn it on in the repair station..

I Would just reccomend moving the 360 Slightly when the disc is moving, perhaps from Horizontal to vertical or vice versa. Thats how I got mine...

OR...Remove the hard drive when the loading screen starts....

OR...Remove the hard drive when loading a demo

Err... The 3 lights can just disappear. Tell them you got it and it'll probably be sorted.

Err... The 3 lights can just disappear. Tell them you got it and it'll probably be sorted.

My 5 Time Experience with MS Repair Service is...

They do one of 3 things...

Turn it on (Red Lights) Find Error Code remove inside and put a new refurbished system inside.

Turn It On (No Red Lights) Report Findings (Fix it anyway but apply charges) (Unless of course it has a certain time frame)

Turn it on (Red Lights) (Certain Error Code Pops up, Brand new system)

NORMALLY when you get 3 red lights, you get an error code which helps the Support team repair the console.

Say for instance you *Purposely* give your 360 the red lights but it gives the error code of a broken fan or something like that....Bah Im rambling on...

Either way they do test the console before and after repair.

Give it the 3 red lights that way you ensure free repair/replacement.

That would just ruin the disc, not the console.

Maybe unplug the power when its running and the ethernet port. I don't know I've never had a problem with mine.

That would just ruin the disc, not the console.

Maybe unplug the power when its running and the ethernet port. I don't know I've never had a problem with mine.

It ruins both if you move it pretty fast thats what happend to me, being the retard that I am...

Can you get to the lens on the 360?

Good Idea, Use a knife and start bashing the lens about...

Good Idea, Use a knife and start bashing the lens about...

I would suggest cleaning it with a cloth first (if possible). Then testing the games.

I would suggest cleaning it with a cloth first (if possible). Then testing the games.

Ahhhh

You meant in terms of repairing the console...in that case using a knife to bash the (probable) source of the problemm isn't going to help ;)

Right, well, managed to get three red lights today somehow. Well, for a brief moment at least, it won't red light again now for some reason. Anywho, I've made the call and they're gonna send the box and stuff so they can repair it. Does anyone know how long this whole repair process takes?

Hah, thats a new one. Getting the red lights on purpose. :)

Good luck with it, I hope they don't charge you...

Right, well, managed to get three red lights today somehow. Well, for a brief moment at least, it won't red light again now for some reason. Anywho, I've made the call and they're gonna send the box and stuff so they can repair it. Does anyone know how long this whole repair process takes?

7-10 Days They Say but it's more like 5 Days from past experiences

Also it depends where abouts you are in the country, the repair centre from what I remember is in Havant...

Either way they do test the console before and after repair.

Like fuck do they, last repair I had done it came back with a different fault.

Connect it directly to the mains without a step down converter and stand the hell back. 2.7 Amperes of electricity should screw the thing up nicely, might be closer to a bonfire than RROD though...

Get a red felt tip and cover 3 of lights with the red ink inside. Then connect 3 controllers.

This is the best way because you get 3 red lights and also your system works still....

... oh hang on, there's some guy in a white coat outside looking for me, won't be a sec.

Like fuck do they, last repair I had done it came back with a different fault.

Well they are meant to :wink:

This is what I'm saying, how can they tell if you've got red lights? It can come and go with a lot of people. So anyone with a hardware failure might as well say they got the red lights and see if they can get it for free.

Sign in to follow this