NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Final Fantasy Retrospective

The 3rd part is now up people, posted the Link in the 1st post again. I have to go to work so I havent got time to watch it, will check it out when I get back.

Thanks for that, each week of the past three weeks after watching these I've wanted to play Final Fantasy. Perhaps I'll fire up III later on and continue the levelling up process.

Once again, that was a good watch. Maybe my favourite part so far!

Just read a retrospective in EDGE and while they raise some good points, such as milking they also show that they're more focused on frivulous morals and trying to write like pompous bastards than about games themselves.

They say Zack in Crysis Core looks like a weak Cloud when that makes perfect sense considering

that Cloud lost his memory and copied Zack thinking Zack's life was his own. Sort of.

They also say FF:CC wii looks like a GC game and that FFXIIs story focuses on love triangles and sibling rivalries. Which totally ridiculous and unfair since it's the first FF I've seen that totally doesnt care about love afairs and soap opera cliches.

nice piece on FFVI but they forgot to mention the introduction of Limit Breaks unless i missed it

nice piece on FFVI but they forgot to mention the introduction of Limit Breaks unless i missed it

no limit breaks i VI mate.

Twas a good watch, I see that they just concentrated on VI and didn't double it up with VII... hardly suprising, since VII is the biggie. Twill be interesting to see what they have to say about it next week.

I'm looking forward to FF XI though, seeing as I've never played it and probably never will.

well son of a bitch, never had one happen to me.

having said that i played through skies of arcadia without realising there wewre blue rouge attacks. i cant decide if that makes me really good or really bad at games.

That was awesome... they did it so well. I think I should stop watching now though as I haven't played the others and will be doing soon...

that was alright, not the best they had, easily could have mentioned more stuff, especialy to do with sephiroth.

But they would of had to of given it more time to do that which they couldn't.

But they would of had to of given it more time to do that which they couldn't.

yeah, i figured that, i coulda talkd for half an hour on it but i guess they can't spend that long.

VIII and IX are my favourite FF games, VIII being one of my favourite games ever. I can't believe people said the junction system was too complicated, it was by far the best system Square have ever conceived.

Watched all 6 parts now and its turning into a great little series.

I had no idea that Final Fantasy 7 looked that bad, it really has dated horribly and has actually put me off playing it a bit (that and the fact that I don't own a Playstation)!

Watched all 6 parts now and its turning into a great little series.

I had no idea that Final Fantasy 7 looked that bad, it really has dated horribly and has actually put me off playing it a bit (that and the fact that I don't own a Playstation)!

Yeah I know what you mean Eddage. Even at the time I thought it looked pretty rough around the edges but the backgrounds and other stuff are pretty legendary in my opinion.

I was suprised how good IX looks though, seemed amazing in that retrospective!

I am, I had a look for this one yesterday because I thought they usually came out on Sunday!

Thought it was a bit strange that you hadn't posted the latest part, thought you'd lost interest yourself!

Yeah I enjoy them, I might rewatch the latest one cos I was on MSN last night at the same time and missed some of the jargony bits about the Dresspheres and whatnot. Both X and X-2 look like pretty great games- they should stick em all on the Wii. :heh:

Sign in to follow this