NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
corkcrumbs

Nintendo never wants to give me a job!! :(((

Are you insane? You're complaining that programmers have to know how to program in order to, well, program?

errr... no, I'm not. And that's the second issue isn't it? U think that to be a gamedesinger you must also be great at programming, and if you don't learn good programming skills then there is no way that you would ever be taken seriously by people who you want to get hired by... someone of you here are probably taking difficult programming courses just to get inside the industry you cherish, even though you don't like to program...

Here's the problem though, a good programmer actually likes to program, he/she doesn't do it to get inside the industry they like, they do it because they like to program, if you're looking at it in any other way you're just being cute. And just like there are celebrities among authors, musicians there's celebrities among programmers... John Carmack, Bill Gates... so, I hope we can come to an agreement of understanding here...

Thats crap. My dad is a great programmer and he hates it. Because its boring and tedious, sure when you get somethng right it is satisfying. But other than that...

And dude, when you say game design/development there are so many aspects to that he is the letter/email you probbaly wrote.

---

Hai Nuntendoo

I tottally want to be a gamedesigner. I have no talent at any aspect of what this intails and no experiance and your not even looking for anyone i need a jobz. I really lyk ure gamez.

bai2u

Thats crap. My dad is a great programmer and he hates it. Because its boring and tedious, sure when you get somethng right it is satisfying. But other than that...

And dude, when you say game design/development there are so many aspects to that he is the letter/email you probbaly wrote.

---

Hai Nuntendoo

I tottally want to be a gamedesigner. I have no talent at any aspect of what this intails and no experiance and your not even looking for anyone i need a jobz. I really lyk ure gamez.

bai2u

I feel sorry for your dad, what the hell do u want me to write here? I still hold on to what i wrote previously though, so... tough luck.. Or did I break your heart now? Do you feel like your whole childhood goes to smithers because I'm saying that a good programmer doesn't dislike his profession? You don't think I know programmers who have a very analytical mind and like what they're doing? Ok.. well.. I do.. so.. shit happens, shit sometimes get spelled out to you... and to hell with me if that makes you feel sad then.. Anyhow, nice burn with the letter? Or is it just me but I just get a little bit sad when people constantly burn, probably just me since people on videogame forums just love to burn people.. well.. tough shit i guess...

probably just me since people on videogame forums just love to burn people.

I only "burned" you because your being unrealistic and unintelligent. You clearly have no idea what your doing or even what aspect of the industry you want to get into. To be honest either this whole thread is a joke your you are special. Maybe if you had created a thread that started like this; "I would really like to get into the games industry but have no idea where to start" then people may have helped instead of it taking 3 pages to estabilish you know crap all. What did you plan to achive from this thread apart from getting flamed?

WHAT POINT ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE?

What do you mean what point? I'm replying to all the burns I get, and also plz stop the burns people!

But as for this thread.. well then you should read the first post--that is--I would like to work at Nintendo. And it ended when I got advice to go to digipen since they are situated in same building as Nintendo is the US.. from there on it has more or less turned into a burn thread in cycles, people coming in, burning, feeling a bit silly, goes away, new people coming in, burning... like that.. basically a zen burn cycle..

I hope that was a good enough answer to you, and I now feel that I've churned out a lot of energy explaining myself, explaining this thread, and that makes me feel stupid...

I only "burned" you because your being unrealistic and unintelligent. You clearly have no idea what your doing or even what aspect of the industry you want to get into. To be honest either this whole thread is a joke your you are special. Maybe if you had created a thread that started like this; "I would really like to get into the games industry but have no idea where to start" then people may have helped instead of it taking 3 pages to estabilish you know crap all. What did you plan to achive from this thread apart from getting flamed?

lol, yeah I agree with you on this, but at the same time.. you came in very late, and the thread had already come to an end, so...

Obviously the one thing I disagree with you on is that I know crap.. but I still agree with people here that the best way to ever be able to get a job at nintendo would be to start at digipen in the us or some similar institution... At the same time this annoys me since I would have hoped it could go more swift than that, since some of the game ideas are already worked out, so.. but that's just tough luck, and as some would say unrealistic.

What you should do is just take the adice given in the few posts that helped and let the thread die.

If you reply, you'll just get more 'burns'.

It's just like putting down a kitten. Painless.

right now.. yes new member

Yes, new member indeed.

Someone who wants a job at Nintendo, and is too lazy to use proper grammar on a games forum, doesn't deserve the job. Especially with that opening post.

Thumbs up to you mate.

What you should do is just die.

Think of it as cleansing the gene pool.

Yes, new member indeed.

Someone who wants a job at Nintendo, and is too lazy to use proper grammar on a games forum, doesn't deserve the job. Especially with that opening post.

Thumbs up to you mate.

It's not that I'm lazy, I'm from Sweden. Europe doesn't revolve around the UK.. although maybe this forum does, lol

Yeah, maybe just let this thread die since nobody likes it anyhow :P

Think of it as cleansing the gene pool.

err, it's great that you rewrite your "quotes", lol, I mean sure, you did it so that everyone should see it, but that actually just makes it even more awkward, lol

cleans my ass

This forum, and Europe do revolve around the UK. Stop trying to get into arguments...

I mean, if ure a wannabe surgeon and operate on a patient, that patient might die because the surgeon hadn't studied medicin.. but an author doesn't really need to have studied at a university where they lecture in the "art of writing", I mean Hemingway wrote from the heart he hadn't exactly been studying "the art of writing" prior to writing his most known work...

Most writers do go through tons of education and understand the english language more than most people. Games development isn't only in the area of conception. You also have to know how your idea is going to work within programming.

Most conceptions are created by those who have years of actual games design, such as shiggy who created the original donkey kong and now after years of games design sits backs and fires ideas at underlings.

I could fire off 100 ideas for scripts but unless I can write those scripts in a logical film sense then I will get nowhere.

Games design is not something that can be compared to writing, sure they actually have stories and characters but they are different artforms.

If you use the surgeon analagy then you're patient is a game. If you are unable to perform the procedure accordingly then what you will have is a game with no real life.

Not only do you need training in how to create a good game you also need experience. Something that Nintendo will not cater for.

It sounds like you are more suited to being a writer of videogame scripts and not actually involved with the actual proccess of planning, programming and testing. But the actual generating of ideas are only allowed for the higher ups in the industry, a position you would have to secure after alot more experience within the industry.

Most writers do go through tons of education and understand the english language more than most people. Games development isn't only in the area of conception. You also have to know how your idea is going to work within programming.

Yes many writers do but many don't, most writers on the other hand have a slightly journalistic view to their profession and tries to learn as much as they can about their setting before beginning, but with journalistic view I mean they try to gather information, and that's something you don't need an education for...

And yes, I've already said in this thread that a game designer needs to know some basic programming so that he/she can understand what is being talked about during meetings with the other team members, thus, a game designer needs to know some programming so that he/she knows if his/her idea can be realized...

Most conceptions are created by those who have years of actual games design, such as shiggy who created the original donkey kong and now after years of games design sits backs and fires ideas at underlings.

I could fire off 100 ideas for scripts but unless I can write those scripts in a logical film sense then I will get nowhere.

I really don't know what to get from this. Shiggy, the man was there at the dawn of the videogame medium, and he created new genres for the videogame medium, but he didn't get any education in it, not in the gamedesign profession.

Games design is not something that can be compared to writing, sure they actually have stories and characters but they are different artforms.

If you use the surgeon analagy then you're patient is a game. If you are unable to perform the procedure accordingly then what you will have is a game with no real life.

Not only do you need training in how to create a good game you also need experience. Something that Nintendo will not cater for.

It sounds like you are more suited to being a writer of videogame scripts and not actually involved with the actual proccess of planning, programming and testing. But the actual generating of ideas are only allowed for the higher ups in the industry, a position you would have to secure after alot more experience within the industry.

ok, I know that you're just trying to be kind here, so I wont go mad at you. Here's the thing, we are of different opinions, and we speak "at different levels" (I don't know what you call it when two people aren't talking about the same thing although they think they are?)

Comparisons, analogies aren't always that great. The videogame medium is a new medium, Shigeru is one of the first gamedesigners actually, but the medium is that of entertainment, just as music is and books are

But it's always difficult to pinpoint things, and Nintendo clearly thinks outside the box and develops a console that allows for more physical activity than the previous consoles, after all it's not a far reach to go from games that are about reflexes by pressing buttons, d-pads, to games that translates the physical activity / motion you do with your arm into gameplay...

Videogames allows for many different genres just as movies does, but unlike movies, videogames can also be a medium for activity as Dance dance revolution has shown and Wii sports, and a bunch of other titles. Then again, in a way films can to: "exercising films" that help you get fit for example. And lets take the "exercising film" as an example here...

1. books, you had to read about the exercises and couldn't work out at the same time. 2. films, you could now workout at the same time as you were being instructed. 3. games, the medium now apprehends what you are doing and can follow you...

I would say that yes, videogame consoles as a medium is very much rooted in the entertainment business and a game designer thus shares more in common with a writer than a surgeon, but again, analogies are futile here.

----------------------------------------------

---------plz lock this thread now--------------

I would appreciate it a lot if a moderator could lock this thread now, as it is beginning to go in circles...

It's not that I'm lazy, I'm from Sweden. Europe doesn't revolve around the UK.. although maybe this forum does, lol

This forum was made by Dutch people. (well the site which eventually became N-E was)

I plan to go to Sweden next year actually.

;499092"]This forum was made by Dutch people. (well the site which eventually became N-E was)

I plan to go to Sweden next year actually.

Cool, is your trip work related or just for fun? I live in the south of Sweden, a town called Lund.

EDIT: by the way Ashley, since you're an admin maybe you could lock this thread, what do you say?

Cool, is your trip work related or just for fun? I live in the south of Sweden, a town called Lund.

I have a lesbian finace over there :p (long story)

But yeah im going to go see her and other people I know. She lived in Sthlm but she keeps moving so im not sure where I'm going.

Hey Ashley your profile say gender: male, but i take it as you are a woman, what's the story on that?

Hey Ashley your profile say gender: male, but i take it as you are a woman, what's the story on that?

Im a male...want proof?

;499115"]Im a male...want proof?

Can I have some proof?

Please?

what is proof I'm from Sweden I don't understand that word... just kidding.. but I believe you, none the less got me confused for a while there :P

Well good night..........

Can this thread not just die?

It was as simple as putting down kittens, now it's become as hard as putting down my penis after a look at a lot of nice looking girls.

Sign in to follow this