N-Europe

Wimbledon

Daft

Yeah, my (Scottish) newspaper says they're on at 10:30 on BBC2. It may be different in England though.

Screw England, it's the Northern Irish side of things I'm wanting :heh: ..I should probably go have a look and stop being so lazy : peace:

EDIT: For all you tennis lovers in this wee country, highlights are to be shown at 22.00 on BBC2.. with John Inverdale..

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The womens final was better than I was expecting, good that Bartoli managed to put up a fight. Womens games always seem so one sided to me, even if the match does go to three sets.

That Jamie Murray didnt seem like to bad a doubles player, its still a shocking suprise that he got so far and actually won the mixed. His lust for Jankovic carried him through.

Aaand the main event: the gents final... not a great match in all honesty. Federer just seems to crack when he plays Nadal, its unbelievable. Federer cleary has the game to obliterate Nadal (on every surface!) but just cos Nadal has such a win loss ratio against him on clay, he just seems to have a big mental block when it comes to Nadal. On grass expecially, it shoulda been 6-0 6-0 6-0 but Federer just reverts to being the underdog and lets Nadal control the matches they play. He should take charge and play his game instead of Nadals.

Anyway, there was tons of pressure on Federer I suppose. Not only to actually beat Nadal but to equal Bjorns five Wimbledons in a row etc. I'm sure glad he did it! :bowdown: