NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Odwin

CPU Benchmark Competition (Windows Users)

Yeah I tried it today and I got pretty much the same score.

Does the graphics card handle Aero in Vista? It shouldn't comprise my score in half but could that be a reason for it?

cpumarkit5.jpg

Said ages ago that I'd post up something decent............although I think I also complained that the test really doesn't support Quads. Anyway, was just overclocking earlier as I was bored.... and I think I take 3rd place with this score, so I'm happy. :heh:

cpu_test.jpg

If you slap a decent cooler on that thing you should be able to get to 3.8-4.0GHz quite easily ;)

And can I just say: fuck you Intel. I really should have my Q9450 up and running by now. But no. You just had to mess around with the stock didn't ya? And now I have no idea when I'm going to able to pwn this leaderboard. Some of us have e-peens to look after and all :indeed:

I feel better now.

I've a Freezer Pro 7 going at the moment, I don't want to go any higher until I'm a bit more knowledgeable/confident about overclocking. It is getting addictive though.

That's fair enough. The Conroes are pretty sturdy though, you can't really fry them. As long as you look after your RAM you'll be fine :)

I'm not on the scoreboard. Oi Odders get your ass over here.

Ass here, scores updated.

cpumark-1.jpg

My latest overclock, which has been stable so far.

You must have pretty speedy ram on your system?

Got that CPU a few days ago:

cpumark.jpg

I actually expected it to perform better...

I'm still not on the score board :(

You must have pretty speedy ram on your system?

I've got a couple of sticks of this, but I've taken the test a few more times since that and I keep getting a lower score on the second test. Has anyone got any idea why that's happening?

I've got a couple of sticks of this, but I've taken the test a few more times since that and I keep getting a lower score on the second test. Has anyone got any idea why that's happening?

I spent quite a bit of money on my ram - Corsair 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 XMS2 Dominator Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL5(5-5-5-15) E.P.P. It was around £120 about 6 months ago.

I got to 3.01 ghz and it started going downhill on the test. Also the temps were getting higher than I wanted them to be. (moreso the fact I have a very small box case thing).

I'm not really sure why tbh...

I got some new ram. OCZ Gold 5-5-5-15 that cost me £40. It let's me overclock the E6700 up to 3.2Ghz but it's not very stable under that condition, it crashes after about 5 minutes of crysis. I have it comfortably overclocked to 3.01Ghz now.

Guys, just a few pointers.

1. Make sure you lock your PCI-E frequency at 100Mhz. This is crucial. If you leave it on auto, it'll rise proportionally as you increase the FSB frequency. This yields unstable systems and you can potentially b0rk your graphics card.

2. Set RAM voltages and timings manually. Decent memory should have a voltage rating and timings on the sticks. Put them into the bios manually (also consider undervolting the memory in the bios because Asus boards tend to volt them over what you set by ~0.05v. So check the values you set against the actual readings).

Hopefully that'll help you guys out if you want to push it a little more. The Core 2s should all hit 3-3.2GHz easily with the E/Q6*** and above series going 3.4GHz plus.

cpumark.jpg

Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 nice performance, relative to others

Damn you! 42.7!

Likely cause I have a clean install of vista on this beast. I got it yesterday ^___^

I could probably post a few more PC scores, just to be a complete computer whore, but I can't be bothered :heh:

No high five then? :(

Likely cause I have a clean install of vista on this beast. I got it yesterday ^___^

I could probably post a few more PC scores, just to be a complete computer whore, but I can't be bothered :heh:

No high five then? :(

Mine was just wiped last week. Yea High Five!:hehe:

You beat my T7300 :sad:

srsly?

Aren't you killing all your apps before you run these things? Like even the not obvious ones like firewall etc. I pulled out my internet connection, disabled just about everything thats safe to disable :)

You're on! Will try now.

EDIT:

Damn, couldn't do it. Even though I disabled pretty much everything, I couldn't get beyond 7561.6. Then I went on to disable dwm (Aero), and some other stuff, until I got a BSOD and figured it wasn't going to improve anyway.

The T7250 is actually newer than the T7300, so it'll probably have some minor tweaks that just give it the the edge. The T7300's advantage is that it has 4 MB L2 cache, but that makes no difference in this benchmark. They're both Merom Core 2's running at 2 GHz, so their performance is virtually equal.

Also, Vista Classic desktop isn't that bad!

Sign in to follow this