N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you cannot deny that you would not be happy if one of Evertons top players left to go to Liverpool, as they got relegated and contributed heavily to Liverpools success?

You would have a smile bigger then your face

Yeah it'd be great....but thats a derby I mean I know alot of Everton fans who would of preferred to see Rooney with us for the sheer reason he belongs to Liverpool. It's bringing up rivalries v different cities, I mean Leed's hates Manchester and Vice Versa same goes for Liverpool and Manchester...

I'm going into a grey area here atm but it's like as much as you hate your neigbours it's when the aspect of town v town comes into it. I mean as much as Man City hates Man Utd if a massive fight broke out between Liverpool and Man Utd, Man City fans wouldn't back Liverpool they would join forces with United. Same with Liverpool and Everton.

A Good example of how two clubs can support their teams in harmony is Liverpool and Everton who in the 1989 FA Cup Final went down in the same coach sat amongst one another and never chanted "Liverpool" or "Everton" it was "Merseyside".....Ah the good old days....:bowdown:

Well, we all know the Leeds/Manchester relationship has been turbulent at best...

look at what has turned up at the Flower protest outside Elland Road this morning:

Picture240.jpg

That's what football is all about.

Brings a tear to an old mans crooked heart that did *sniffs*

*Hobz and Conzer Embrace*

Well, we all know the Leeds/Manchester relationship has been turbulent at best...

look at what has turned up at the Flower protest outside Elland Road this morning:

Picture240.jpg

That's what football is all about.

Kudos to the Man U fans who placed it there.

Brought a tear to your eye and brought sick to my mouth.

You shouldn't think that, just because you hate Leeds, it's wrong to want them to go bankrupt. I hate Birmingham City but I'd rather see them struggling in League Two than go out of business.

You shouldn't think that, just because you hate Leeds, it's wrong to want them to go bankrupt. I hate Birmingham City but I'd rather see them struggling in League Two than go out of business.

BUt if they went bankrupt would a new club not be formed in the lower leagues like FC United of Manchester or whatever they're called.

BUt if they went bankrupt would a new club not be formed in the lower leagues like FC United of Manchester or whatever they're called.

Would you give a flying monkeys though? It would be years before they face Wednesday in the Football League.

I can honestly say that if the Manc scum went bankrupt and ceased to exist I would not be upset in the slightest. Hell, I'd probably throw a fucking party. : peace:

Jesus Christ it will be something around the scale when Saddam Hussein was over thrown...Can you imagine?

Glory Hunters ripping up their shirts, Man City Fans, Liverpool Fans, All fans in the country decending down to Old Trafford and ripping it apart piece by piece....

Martins is about to sign a new contract without the release clauses which were in his old one and apparently Owen's £9 million get-out clause closed last month. Should never have had those clauses in any players contract in the first place completely daft and bad business.

Martins is about to sign a new contract without the release clauses which were in his old one and apparently Owen's £9 million get-out clause closed last month. Should never have had those clauses in any players contract in the first place completely daft and bad business.

As Much as I still love Owen, a part of me can only laugh at his demise...

Leaves the Club to challenge in Europe

Club he leaves wins the Champions League

Tries to come back, not happening..

You lie in the bed you make I suppose...

Well since this forum seems to bum Sean Bean despite him being a tw@ of epic preparations:

NEIL WARNOCK knew it was time to leave Sheffield United the moment they were relegated from the Premiership on the final day of last season.

Defeat at home by Wigan coupled with West Ham’s unlikely 1-0 win at Old Trafford condemned the Blades to the drop on goal difference.

Warnock confessed: “I had not felt that much pain since the day my mum died when I was 13. I know some people will think that’s inappropriate, but that’s how I felt. I’m just being honest.”

But it was a foul-mouthed tirade from Hollywood actor and Bramall Lane director Sean Bean which proved to be the final straw for Warnock.

He recalled: “I got back to my office and my best mate, Paul Evans, was waiting for me. My wife Sharon, and the kids Amy and William were there, too.

“Sharon had been crying and the kids knew why she was so upset. It wasn’t just the football. Not just because of the result.

“Twenty minutes or so after the game had ended, Sharon and William were sitting in my office when the film actor, Sean Bean, who is a Sheffield United board director, burst in with his girlfriend.

“He was obviously the worse for wear. He wanted to know where I was. Sharon told him I was doing a Press conference and I’d be back soon.

“So Sean Bean started swearing at her and my five-year-old son. ‘It’s your f****** husband that got us relegated,’ he said, pointing at her. ‘He’s a f****** w*****’.

“That’s Sean Bean, the tough guy actor. Some kind of tough guy, eh, reducing a five-year-old kid and his mum to tears.

“I was livid to begin with. I wanted to go and find him but Paul told me not to waste my time.

“He might be a film star but he wasn’t a star in my eyes that afternoon.

“If that incident hadn’t happened maybe I’d still be Sheffield United manager today. But it made me realise what certain people at the club were saying about me behind my back.

“I was never really sure why Sean Bean was on the board of directors in the first place. Celebrity supporter I suppose. I didn’t have a lot to do with him and never really rated his opinion on football.

“I remember one board meeting when he made a big show of how he wanted to make an important point about something he’d spotted to improve the club’s fortunes.

“We all waited expectantly until he announced ‘Do you think Captain Blade has served his purpose? I think we should get rid of him’.

“That was it, all he wanted to talk about. Captain f****** Blade, the fluffy team mascot. That was the extent of his contribution.

“Kevin McCabe, the Sheffield United chairman, apologised when he heard about Bean’s behaviour on that day.

“He said he wouldn’t tolerate that kind of behaviour, told me Bean had done a few other things over the previous months and was going to ask him to review his position on the board.

"But I saw Bean was marching on Westminster with the fans in protest at the Carlos Tevez affair the other day. So I’m not holding my breath about him going.

“I can understand supporters getting frustrated about their team. I’ve been spat at and abused by fans in my time and when I was at Bury one fan wrote on the website that the only way to get rid of me was to set fire to my wife.

“But this was different. This was a club director and I simply could not tolerate someone who came down to my office just to have a go at my family.”

Warnock insists he had never even thought about relegation until the final day of the season.

But he revealed: “I was thinking of leaving if we’d stayed up. I just thought it might be a good time to go.

"After eight years at Bramall Lane I could bow out knowing I’d done my job. Unfortunately things didn’t quite work out that day.

“Even after we were relegated, I could have stayed on. But my relationship with the chairman had changed over the past couple of years.

“He moved abroad for tax purposes and we were having to hold board meetings in Belgium. Things couldn’t go on like that.

“It was also obvious to me that he wanted to bring in a ‘big name’ manager like Dalglish or Hoddle.

“Now he’s got what he wanted with Bryan Robson.”

3-1 Down to Inter and it aint even the end of the first half. Looks like a Pre-season wake up call to me ahead of the new season.

We beat Inter, quite easily, albeit not a full strength Inter. Then again we lost to Salzburg.

Sky Sports or Setanta Sports?

Thinking about getting one of these 2 for when the season starts. I won't be able to watch too many games as I'll be working at Chelsea on match days as well as my final A Levels to do next year, so I need to consider that.

Your opinions on any of these services?

Sky Sports or Setanta Sports?

Thinking about getting one of these 2 for when the season starts. I won't be able to watch too many games as I'll be working at Chelsea on match days as well as my final A Levels to do next year, so I need to consider that.

Your opinions on any of these services?

Depends what you have Sky or Virgin..

Setanta is Free on Virgin

Setanta is £10 on Sky

However if you have the Ultimate package on Virgin Media which includes Sky Sports it works out cheaper...

Something stupid like that

That ripped the smug look off many Man Utd fan's faces...

Did Nani and the other guy play, if so did they play well?

Well its a pre season game, that means nothing - I wud rather we lost, as it is a wake up call. And none of the new signings played, although Nani looked awesome on the Asia tour.

I just hope Heinze stays as our defence really needs competition for places and he is the sorta defender we need to keep

Speaking of which I think Fergie is dragging this on way too far...

Hopefully it's sorted ASAP otherwise Baines is reported to be someone we are interested in