N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The San Siro, Bernabeu, Camp Nou etc. are large and imposing but are architecturally, well, a bit rubbish aren't they? As is the new Wembley.

The Important thing to mention though is that they are instantly recognised as being their respective clubs ground.

Which I believe is very good in a stadium, as I've said all along.

People know my views on Wembley, it's a great stadium but...

A: It's on London-Not in the centre of the country...

B: It's a rip off

C: It's just made for Corporate Hospitality...

D: The Arch is nice though :)

Nah, London is the right place for the national stadium. Not sure how anyone can argue with that to be honest.

I can

£50+ Train/Coach Ticket

£90 Ticket

£20 Other Expenses..

It should be somewhere, were EVERYONE can access it with ease

I can

£50+ Train/Coach Ticket

£90 Ticket

£20 Other Expenses..

It should be somewhere, were EVERYONE can access it with ease

Yeah I have to agree with that logic.

I used to think that the national teams stadium should be in the capital city, but now I'm not so sure. A lot of other countries don't seem to have theirs in the capital. I think it should be somewhere where everyone can get to it easily so it is accessable to all fans.

I wish England would stick come on tour around the country but that's never going to happen as the FA have huge bills and costs to pay on Wembley they need all the events and matches they can get. Why else did they host both Concert for Diana and Live Earth in space of one week.

Yeah I have to agree with that logic.

I used to think that the national teams stadium should be in the capital city, but now I'm not so sure. A lot of other countries don't seem to have theirs in the capital. I think it should be somewhere where everyone can get to it easily so it is accessable to all fans.

I wish England would stick come on tour around the country but that's never going to happen as the FA have huge bills and costs to pay on Wembley they need all the events and matches they can get. Why else did they host both Concert for Diana and Live Earth in space of one week.

I don't like the fact that for 25 years or something Wembley has all the Semi Finals.

Thats abit stupid considering if Wembley is meant to be the ultimate angers me, it's all to pay off money.

Load of bollocks it is, Would of been nice to have Alternate Semi Final Venues especially with all these new stadia being built.

At the end of the day thoughit comes out of the fans pocket, load of hoo-har it is...

Wembley in London makes perfect sense. You can't put it where it is easily located by everyone, it doesn't work like that cos its impossible....you wanna put it smack bang in the middle of the UK, wherever that is?

I am sick of seeing the new fucking liverpool stadium pictures in this thread. Name this thread "The New Anfield Thread" please.

London is by far the largest city in the country, and by far the most accessible. It makes perfect sense to me.

Not Cost Friendly

6 hour Drive Not Friendly

But anyway..

I am sick of seeing the new fucking liverpool stadium pictures in this thread. Name this thread "The New Anfield Thread" please.

baby,crying,tantrum.jpg

Not Cost Friendly

6 hour Drive Not Friendly

But anyway..

Wherever they put it there's going to be some poor fucker with a 6 hour drive. They can't keep everyone happy! And you must drive fucking slow if it takes you 6 hours to get from Liverpool to London! Really Ant, you're a top bloke, but you do let yourself down with this relentless anti-southern bias. Sort yourself out :nono:

Wherever they put it there's going to be some poor fucker with a 6 hour drive. They can't keep everyone happy! And you must drive fucking slow if it takes you 6 hours to get from Liverpool to London! Really Ant, you're a top bloke, but you do let yourself down with this relentless anti-southern bias. Sort yourself out :nono:

Anti-Southern theres nothing Anti Southern I just think it should be equal distance for everyone.

Birmingham Suits the bill in every criteria methinks.

Bah it's built now fuck it...Give me back my Milenium Stadium :yay:

What you fail to understand is that a city of Birmingham's size would not be able to properly deal with having Englands national ground and the circus that surrounds it.

The city is no way big enough, you just seem to have a really gay southern bias like Fields pointed out.

If Birmingham can handle having two professional clubs then it can sure as hell handle a National Stadium.

What you fail to understand is that a city of Birmingham's size would not be able to properly deal with having Englands national ground and the circus that surrounds it. From a buisness, recreational and geographical perspective, London is the best place to have it.

Brum city is no way big enough to cope and congestion would be terrible. You just seem to have a really gay southern bias like Fields pointed out.

Umm, Birmingham has good alright transport system and it is about 3 times the size of Cardiff that did a pretty good job with the Millennium Stadium.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!