N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can a Generic Looking bowl be one of the best stadiums in the country, when if thats the case then the other bowl shapes could stake a claim for that as well...

Give me something unique over something, boring and generic anyday...

Facilities wise The Emirates beats all, but when I look at the Emirates I think nice, very nice then a so what? I've seen that before....in 10 different countries...

At least our stadium will be related to Liverpool and not to 10 over clubs who have the same "souless bowl" of a football ground.

Bring on the New Anfield!

So you're judging a book by its cover?.. Judging it on the outside then whats in. Surely its facilities, comfort and ease of use make it amazing.

How many stadiums do you know with a dog toilet for guide dogs?

Strangley enough Villan, I was having a great conversation last night with a Brummie about Villa/Birmingham/Coventry/Wolves!

Pointless bit of info, but there ya go!

Because you didn't say anything, apart from "I had a conversation...", tell me more, and it will be less pointless.

It was pointless because you didn't tell me anything, tell me more, and it will be less pointless.

Eh well, we were talking about his family (he's a divorcee with a few kids) and he was telling me how they have been cross contaminated (was how he put it) by various marriages etc and that everyone in the family supports Villa or Birmingham and have huge soft spots for Wolves and Coventry.

[/not pointless anymore]

Eh well, we were talking about his family (he's a divorcee with a few kids) and he was telling me how they have been cross contaminated (was how he put it) by various marriages etc and that everyone in the family supports Villa or Birmingham and have huge soft spots for Wolves and Coventry.

[/not pointless anymore]

Everyone in the family supports Villa or Blues? I would not want to be in that family on Second City Derby day, that's for sure. :shakehead

So you're judging a book by its cover?.. Judging it on the outside then whats in. Surely its facilities, comfort and ease of use make it amazing.

No it doesn't, What makes a new stadium Amazing is the structure, atmosphere and feeling of the ground.

I mean I'm sorry but if what your saying is good about Arsenal's Stadium is corporate hospitality and that makes it the best in the world. Then I feel sorry for you being taken in by the Nazi Bastards.

The Emirates is a lovely stadium just not at all unique to Arsenal and that makes it bad.

Look at Liverpool's and Pompey's stadiums I think come time the stadium will make people eat their words. I mean just look at it granted the pictures are shit. But the stadium is going to be HUGE. The structure is un-like anything seen in football it's wacky. 75,000 in that I don't need telling you how phenomenal this stadium is going to look.

Pompey's looks brilliiant but to say it's looks better/going to be better than Liverpool's is foolish. When The new Anfield is built you will be made to eat your words, It's not like the new stadium is the only thing being done you have Regenration, the Anfield Plaza(Anfield Rennovated) Stanley Park Transformed.

I know the pictures provided don't show it in a great light, but I personally think it looks out of this world literally...

It's a render, so I think calling it the greatest stadium in the world at this point is a bit jumping the gun. It's like saying The Dark Knight will be the best Batman film, even though it's a way off yet. It has the potential to be great, but whether that greatness is ever realised is another matter.

My take on it: From the outside, it doesn't look very Liverpool to me. More like the design plans for the next generation of Ikea stores. But, it's a render, so I'll wait til the bleeding thing is finished before I give my final verdict.

It's a render, so I think calling it the greatest stadium in the world at this point is a bit jumping the gun. It's like saying The Dark Knight will be the best Batman film, even though it's a way off yet. It has the potential to be great, but whether that greatness is ever realised is another matter.

My take on it: From the outside, it doesn't look very Liverpool to me. More like the design plans for the next generation of Ikea stores. But, it's a render, so I'll wait til the bleeding thing is finished before I give my final verdict.

To be fair I am not suprised people are calling it crap from the renders, but it's something special, something unique and something that hasn't been done before.

It's important to state though this is going to be High Seventies, esentiallly the same/bigger capacity as Old Trafford but dramatically bigger in terms of size not capacity, but with an incredible structure.

Credit where it is due guys an all, this is something new, something special and I for oneam so excited for it to come soon.

Also got the Local paper today, they have provided another image on a elevated level to the south east corner of the ground with the Kop on the left, The site hasn't uploaded the pic yet but I'll put it up when I can.

Deffo better pic then the others.

It does not look like a football stadium, it 's frickin 'wacky' when I first laid eyes on it a few weeks back I chuckled, the thing is crazy.

However let's remember the interiror is designed for 60,000 the corners Will be filled in to extend to the high 70's.

The new pompey ground looks better tbh

Have to agree as well...:heh:

I have a bit of an issue with bowls, I'm not really sure whether they are intimate enough for me. One thing I love about Fratton Park is how close you are to the pitch and the traditional "box" stadia mean that it feels that bit more

Now don't get me wrong some bowls are great, from what I've heard Emirates is fantastic, hope to try and get there this season.

Sad News for Pompey;

Sol Campbell has admitted he does not intend to finish his career at Portsmouth and has told the club they need to spend more money to 'move in the right direction'.

Campbell, 32, impressed last season as Portsmouth just missed out on a Uefa Cup spot.

But, despite manager Harry Redknapp spending in excess of £15million in the transfer market already this summer, the former England defender believes Portsmouth still 'need a couple more players'.

And, according to reports, Villarreal are monitoring Campbell's position and could be ready to make a move for the player.

"I don't think Portsmouth will be my last club," Campbell is quoted as saying in the Daily Express.

"They (the club's owners) have dipped into their pocket and bought a few players.

"I still feel we need a couple more players in certain positions to really challenge and move in the right direction."

And Campbell believes it is essential Portsmouth move to new premises in the future to ensure they remain a force in English football.

"It might not be for us now but, for the future of the club, getting a new training ground and stadium is a big thing as well. That has to go through for us to get into the 21st Century really.

"I know it will take time and that these things have to go through a process, but these issues have to be addressed."

He signed on a two year deal so I can see him seeing his contract out and leaving now...atleast we have got distin in now. I can't believe he thinks we havn't spent enough we are one of the prems top spenders this season so far...behind on the likes of liverpool, man utd and spurs.

Have to agree as well...:heh:

I have a bit of an issue with bowls, I'm not really sure whether they are intimate enough for me. One thing I love about Fratton Park is how close you are to the pitch and the traditional "box" stadia mean that it feels that bit more

Now don't get me wrong some bowls are great, from what I've heard Emirates is fantastic, hope to try and get there this season.

The Emirates is a great stadium but give me something about it that makes it stand out from the rest of the other generic bowls.

Plus it's a fair bit away from the pitch which is crap within itself as well...

Fratton Park is a shithole, but it's a great experience....

The Emirates is a great stadium but give me something about it that makes it stand out from the rest of the other generic bowls.

Plus it's a fair bit away from the pitch which is crap within itself as well...

Fratton Park is a shithole, but it's a great experience....

I wouldn't say fratton park is a shit hole just not close to Prem standard, but then thats not our fault in some respects. I've lost count of number of times down the years, pompey council have rejected planning permission on new stadia plans. Even had problems changing the current stadium (the original plan as we kept getting new plans rejected) we've had a big problem getting a roof on the away end because it kept getting rejected, but finally this season it will go through.

That's what happens for having a team based in the second most densely populated city after London (FACT)

i'm not saying I think Emirates is that great, I'm just saying some people have told me it is good so there is hope that some stadiums can thrive despite their "generic bowl" tag.

Lads, it's a crappy render of a stadium thats hasn't even been given planning permission yet. I can't understand how you can say it's the best stadium in the world. It cetainly looks different, but noone can say that it is the best stadium in the world until it is built and there is a 60,000 crowd there.

I also think that saying this is a high seventies capacity is a bit premature - transport links have to be upgraded and the whole area is to be regenerated for that to happen.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the Fratton Park atmosphere but it's like crumbling!

Of course through no fault of their own.

It's as if Arsenal looked at Benfica's Ground and went

"I want THAT one" No real effort seems to be put into it, only into the coporate hospitality.

Having said that Liverpool's stadium looks like George Gillett has designed one half of the stadium, Tom Hicks the other and Rick Parry shoved a Wacky Warehouse in the centre...But still it's something special and Unique and should be admired, like the new Pompey Stadium.

People say Liverpool's stadium is very American, but how can you say that when places like Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal have stadiums where people come for the football, yet stay for the hospitality, Chelsea, Arsenal being the Main Culprits here.

Only ours is going to be hopefully only 10,000 smaller than the New Wembley...

the best stadium in the UK:

thegallery_colchesterutd.jpg

Actually Kenilworth Road possibly shades it. :wink:

However the utter shitholeness of it probably kept us up last year, and will do the same this year. Charlton will be in for a big shock after being in the premiership for ages thats for sure.

Lads, it's a crappy render of a stadium thats hasn't even been given planning permission yet. I can't understand how you can say it's the best stadium in the world. It cetainly looks different, but noone can say that it is the best stadium in the world until it is built and there is a 60,000 crowd there.

I also think that saying this is a high seventies capacity is a bit premature - transport links have to be upgraded and the whole area is to be regenerated for that to happen.

1: This Stadium is being based on the ORIGINAL planning permission

2: This means the process will take weeks rather than Years to be accepted to be denied

3: It will be accepted due to the fact the club are putting more into regeneration then the stadium itself. Thats all the council want, (See Below)

4: We are owned by Billionaires, the rail links will cost buttons compared to what they will make from the new stadia. For the first time we have the finances not to pussy foot around, and to just put the money in

5:Over the course of being constructed permission will be hammered out to increase capacity, the stadium will be built in preperation for expansion, but thw owners want the shovel in the ground ASAP and have shown excellent initiative in what they have done, through there past experiences and desire for this new stadium.

I'm going to be honest here, Anfield is a shit hole, one of the worst run down areas of Liverpool street after street is boarded up and it needs a new lease of life, if the council reject it it will literally shoot itself in the foot.

It will be the biggest regeneration scheme in Europe, the whole town will be transformed.

Great then. Now can you shut up about? No need to bang on about a future stadium that hasn't even been given the go ahead.

I could say the very same thing aboout you banging on about a club you support being up the shitter...

Stop being so narky, I'll talk about it if I want to

I could say the very same thing aboout you banging on about a club you support being up the shitter...

Stop being so narky, I'll talk about it if I want to

I'll be completely honest - this is a football thread not a Liverpool F.C. thread. And I don't bang on about a club I support being up the shitter, I make the odd post here and there. Everytime I look in here I see you licking Rafa's balls and worshipping this new era of Liverpool football, if anyone's banging on about anything it's you!

I'll be completely honest - this is a football thread not a Liverpool F.C. thread. And I don't bang on about a club I support being up the shitter, I make the odd post here and there. Everytime I look in here I see you licking Rafa's balls and worshipping this new era of Liverpool football, if anyone's banging on about anything it's you!

Cry me a river, it's a football thread

I'll talk about it if I can, besides what do you want me to do when I disgaree with something, or want to correct someone...?

I was simply stating what was going on because you said that we needed a Planning Permission, and how we weren't going to get a 70,000+ stadia, when that wasn't the case... I wasn't being horrible or spiteful in my response just simply stating what was going on

Don't be so narky because I was correcting you.

Just a bit of professional input from from someone in the CAD industry.

The designers have designed an entire new stadium in a couple of months.

That is a f***ing HUGE job. all the structural work etc is a nightmare.

Without getting into too much detail and boring people...

The images you see are "fire off" renders..I suspect the desingers have been working all through the night(and alongside the council) to make sure the plans are passed, and it wouldnt suprise me at all if the renders we've seen were done at 10.55am this morning. The fact there are so few tells me this.

There would normally be a walkthrough animation, theis is very easy once the materials are applied to the CAD model. They haven't done this because the ones we've seen are preliminary renders.

Basically what we have seen is a structural CAD model(used for the planning apps) that they have tarted up to be released to the public. They havent even started on the visuals yet I suspect.

From what I can tell, and I've studied the renders, these designers are no f***ing mugs. The company doing the design work are f***ing boss.

I would expect some detailed stuff in the next couple of weeks

This stadium will be the b******s.

Oh I just jizzed myself

Cry me a river, it's a football thread

I'll talk about it if I can, besides what do you want me to do when I disgaree with something, or want to correct someone...?

I was simply stating what was going on because you said that we needed a Planning Permission, and how we weren't going to get a 70,000+ stadia, when that wasn't the case... I wasn't being horrible or spiteful in my response just simply stating what was going on

Don't be so narky because I was correcting you.

Okay. :indeed:

Back on topic - Liverpool's Stadium is in the planning stages. I just don't understand the big hoo-hah about it?? It seems to me you see it as the most incredible piece of architecture in the world and that because it's Liverpool, that it makes that about twice the building it actually is?