N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely to see Ginsoak Fergie getting agitated over players wanting to move to the bigger club down the East Lancs....Loving It

Bigger club. Oh Ant.... You're classic.

Man Utd:

Over 50 million supporters worldwide.

Most successful English club over the last 20 years.

(Starting from the 1986-1987 season, Manchester United have won nine Premier League titles, one UEFA Champions League, one UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, five FA Cups and two League Cups. Trophies such as the Intercontinental Cup, European Super Cup and Community Shield are by convention considered minor trophies of lesser worth than other honours.)

Hold the record for the most FA Cup titles.

The club has had the highest average attendance in English football in all but six seasons since 1964-65.

In the late 1990s and early 2000s the club were world leaders in revenue. As of 2007, they have the fourth largest turnover in club football.

I heard on Sky Sports News Liverpool were going to get lawyers in because Man Utd didn't want to sell to them. Which if I'm honest is fucking ridiculous. If Man Utd don't want to sell its up to them, they own the players contract. Man Utd have the right to accept any offers they want and reject who they want.

Best check your facts before you post mate

This will explain the situation a tad bit more clearly...

A Fee of £6.8 Million was set for Heinze by the club which does not preclude Liverpool from buying Heinze.

Liverpool have met the fee that would secure the Argentine defender's release - stated in a letter from United to Heinze's agent - but Ferguson does not want to sell Heinze to his arch-rivals.

Benitez said: "We made an offer which they rejected. The lawyers are working on it now so we have to wait."

BBC Sport understands the letter does not preclude Liverpool from buying Heinze, and he could also fight United to secure a switch to Anfield.

The fee, believed to be higher than the £6.8m mentioned, is not in Heinze's contract, it is contained in the letter to his agent.

Liverpool FC Most Successful club in English Footballing History...

You claimed they were bigger, not more successful.

More Successful = Bigger...

So Liverpool have offered the amount in a release clause? If thats the case fair enough.

If its just a blind offer, then still my point stands.

It Says Liverpool have met the offer which is required to activate the release clause...

Liverpool are not precluded from this agreement

Fergie is simply trying to keep hold of him for as long as possible as to distrupt Benitez's plans..

Simple really...

More Successful = Bigger...

Man Utd:

Over 50 million supporters worldwide.

Most successful English club over the last 20 years.

(Starting from the 1986-1987 season, Manchester United have won nine Premier League titles, one UEFA Champions League, one UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, five FA Cups and two League Cups. Trophies such as the Intercontinental Cup, European Super Cup and Community Shield are by convention considered minor trophies of lesser worth than other honours.)

Hold the record for the most FA Cup titles.

The club has had the highest average attendance in English football in all but six seasons since 1964-65.

In the late 1990s and early 2000s the club were world leaders in revenue. As of 2007, they have the fourth largest turnover in club football.

Evidently not.

Evidently not.

If Money was a defining factor in arguing sizes of clubs, Chelsea would rape us both...

I notice how alot of them meaningful stats originate from the Alex Fergie years, or at least at the start of it.

Because remember boys and girls football started in 1992 and whatever happend before that was a long horrible nightmare...

Arsenal have the most paying members... surely something like that makes us bigger?

Because remember boys and girls football started in 1992 and whatever happend before that was a long horrible nightmare...

Trying to forget 89 and Micky Thomas?

"It's up for grabs now... THOMMASSSSSS!!"

:D

Arsenal have the most paying members... surely something like that makes us bigger?

Trying to forget 89 and Micky Thomas?

"It's up for grabs now... THOMMASSSSSS!!"

:D

I actually wasn't referring to that, I was referring the perspective of Man Utd fans. It's very rare you find a Man Utd who can talk about football from pre 1992...

Oh and Ramar Remember this, I was there....:laughing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFN9yVeUjwg

If Money was a defining factor in arguing sizes of clubs, Chelsea would rape us both...

I notice how alot of them meaningful stats originate from the Alex Fergie years, or at least at the start of it.

Abramovich is rich, Chelsea are not. Anyways I was talking revenue not wealth or worth. Also, while Sir Alex has been the most succesfull manger in english history, he is not the only reason why we are the biggest.

Abramovich is rich, Chelsea are not. Anyways I was talking revenue not wealth or worth. Also, while Sir Alex has been the most succesfull manger in english history, he is not the only reason why we are the biggest.

Most Succesful over a period of 20 Years but this man certainly deserves some credit

Bob Paisley, lifting 19 trophies in nine seasons at Anfield and being awarded the OBE in 1977.

In nine glorious years as manager between 1974 and 1983, he was to take Liverpool to six League Titles, three European Cups, one UEFA Cup and three League Cups.

I can list many reasons why Liverpool are the biggest club in England, from the fans, to the history, to the pride the fans have in the team. It as not been as if Liverpool have been a flash in the pan, since the start of the clubs history they have won many trophies consistantly throughout the years.

Of course it's pointless arguing, Passion v Passion no one is going to win regarding the size of clubs, it's just a never ending argument.

I believe Liverpool are the biggest

Same for you with United.

I have my reasons and everytime I pull on the red jersey and join 45,000 other Liverpool fans on a match day I don't need reminding how much this club means to me, the fans, the city and everyone asociated with it.

18+5...Until you Surpass that I will throw my towel in and say United are the biggest Club. Until then you ain't getting no praise from this corner of the country

Domestic competition

FA Premiership: (9) 1992-93, 1993-94, 1995-96, 1996-97, 1998-99, 1999-00, 2000-01, 2002-03, 2006-07

FA Cup: (5) 1989-90, 1993-94, 1995-96, 1998-99, 2003-04

League Cup: (2) 1991-92, 2005-06

FA Charity/Community Shield: (5) 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

European competition

UEFA Champions League: (1) 1998-1999

European Cup Winners Cup: (1) 1990-91

Intercontinental Cup: (1) 1999

UEFA Supercup: (1) 1991-92

Manager Awards

FA Premier League Manager of the Year: (7) 1993-94, 1995-96, 1996-97, 1998-99, 1999-2000, 2002-03, 2006-07

LMA Manager of the Year: 1998-99

LMA Manager of the Year: Manager of the decade: 1990s

1000 games at Man Utd Ferguson's 1000th game as manager of Manchester United was a Champions League match against Lyon on 23 November 2004. The breakdown of those 1000 matches is as follows:

League games: 707

Charity/Community Shield: 11

League Cup: 65

FA Cup: 78

UEFA Champions League: 116

European Cup Winners Cup: 13

UEFA Cup: 4

Super Cup: 2

World Club Championship: 3

Toyota Cup: 1

Unless it has been mentioned before, in which case it would still be true, but if Heinze goes to Liverpool, it would be the first EVER transfer between Man U and Liverpool.. weird huh?

In other news,

i dont know.....

Where did Ince come from then? I cant remember anymore.

Maybe i'm wrong then.....if so, please ignore the above statement. Obviously this statement will have been posted below the above statement, so by the time you read it.........it will have been too late!! If this happened to you, your only choice is to punch yourself repeatedly in the head, in the hope that you will dislodge my erronious fact from your mind!!! Quickly!!! Do it!

Unless it has been mentioned before, in which case it would still be true, but if Heinze goes to Liverpool, it would be the first EVER transfer between Man U and Liverpool.. weird huh?

In other news,

i dont know.....

Phil Chisnall did the switch in 1964

Also it's a little known fact but Sir Matt Busby used to be Liverpool Captain...

Maybe i'm wrong then.....if so, please ignore the above statement. Obviously this statement will have been posted below the above statement, so by the time you read it.........it will have been too late!! If this happened to you, your only choice is to punch yourself repeatedly in the head, in the hope that you will dislodge my erronious fact from your mind!!! Quickly!!! Do it!

Just to let you know, my previous comment was an actual question, not a jab at you :p

Where did Ince come from then? I cant remember anymore.

Ince Came from Inter Milan

Which makes him all the more of a legend Ant. Jumped ships from the Liverpool scum and pledged his heart to united, whilst becoming 1 of the greatest club managers of all time in the process.

You almost sounded very serious until you included Liverpool Scum

I actually wasn't referring to that, I was referring the perspective of Man Utd fans. It's very rare you find a Man Utd who can talk about football from pre 1992...

Oh and Ramar Remember this, I was there....:laughing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFN9yVeUjwg

Oh I do know ;) Just pulling your leg with some Thomas magic. How ever impressive Owen pwning us in two minutes was, we deserved a penalty and Henchoz name in the book during that match for his amazing save. :P Still think Thomas owning you in the last minute of the last league game of the season to steal the title at Anfield is more classic.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!