N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Option A: I'd become a Liverpool supporter, not for glory-hunting, but because I have a number of mates who support The Reds, plus I have always admired them.

Option B: Stop watching football altogether, and spend the rest of my days uninterested in sport.

On a side note, if your club where to blow up (Go out of business) who would you support?

Me, I wouldn't I would either Kill Myself or Kill Myself...Simple as really

I don't think I could follow another team.

Leeds United has been all I've ever known. If they don't exist come mid August, then I just won't hold the same interest in the sport at all...

Had a dream last week Liverpool beat Derby 6-0 on the first day of the season if anyone wants to place a bet based on my vision.

However last night I dreamt that Bolton and Celtic went through a merger and became Bolton Celtic rather than wanderers. Even remember having a look at their new kit, white with a panel of green hoops on the front.

On a side note, if your club where to blow up (Go out of business) who would you support?

Me, I wouldn't I would either Kill Myself or Kill Myself...Simple as really

I'd probably support Sheffield FC plus they're the oldest club in the world.

Had a dream last week Liverpool beat Derby 6-0 on the first day of the season if anyone wants to place a bet based on my vision.

However last night I dreamt that Bolton and Celtic went through a merger and became Bolton Celtic rather than wanderers. Even remember having a look at their new kit, white with a panel of green hoops on the front.

I'd love to bet on that but Pompey are playing Derby on the first day of the season...

I don't quite understand why Liverpool signed Babel, or why Ryan signed at them. He's still a developing player who could grow to Henryesque proportions if he stayed at Ajax to develop for a year or two. He'll be third or fourth choice behind Kuyt, Torres and Crouch now. Also, Benitez intends to use him as a left wing midfielder, while he's a striker and has a terrible left foot.

Being an Ajax fan, it makes me sad :(

It's really not funny to see your club run into the ground when you've supported them all your life. What's your problem?

I just think there is a lot of leeds hate, some people have this as they've been brought up to feel this from their parents who lived through the 70's and Dirty Leeds and others like myself would have personal reasons.

It is sad to see any club go under, like Scarborough did and to some extent I do feel for the good honest fans. Pompey were just days away from going into administration before Milan Mandaric saved us and we were all ready for the club to go out of business and reform in the lower leagues, names were even being touted for the new club Portsmouth United, Portsmouth City and FC Fratton. (Legal reasons prevent reformed teams taking on the exact same name, but this can be overturned I believe just like Fiorentina did, they got relegated from Serie A went bust, dropped out of Serie B and started at the bottom as FC Florence or something but then soon got their old name back.)

It's really not funny to see your club run into the ground when you've supported them all your life. What's your problem?

It was just something to generate humour, if you had read what I have put previously I feel sorry for Leeds fans, but for the club not much.

It's really what you deserve when you have Ken Bates and Dennis Wise at the helm + still paying off contracts to players such as Seth Johnson...

It may not be funny for you nor is it for me and I do feel sorry for you, but I really couldn't give two shits if you where to blown into oblivion. What I do find funny is the fact Ken Bates and Dennis Wise are at the source of the problem, idiots.

What I do find funny is the fact Ken Bates and Dennis Wise are at the source of the problem, idiots.

Bates and Wise are by no means the source of the problems. They are the continuation of it.

Harribo that sig just sucks ass tbh...

WTF? crouch valued at 20 mil? id say 7 max!

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2500106,00.html

edit: cannavaro available on the market!

I'd say if you rate Crouch at £7 Million then you seriously don't watch him enough.

That or you like jumping band wagons..

For the Record I personally think Crouch is worth around that mark, however he will not perform better for other clubs. His best days where at this club and hopefully continue to be so.

I'd say if you rate Crouch at £7 Million then you seriously don't watch him enough.

That or you like jumping band wagons..

For the Record I personally think Crouch is worth around that mark, however he will not perform better for other clubs. His best days where at this club and hopefully continue to be so.

i never rated him as a top class striker, he lacks quality even though he does have his day, but who doesnt. 20 mil gets you world class strikers. luca toni (top goal scorer in italian league and many more in world cup) went for 5 million for god sake and hes a top notch striker, and lets be honest, crouch is no where near his standerd.

would you put him on your top 10 strickers? i know many others wouldnt.

i never rated him as a top class striker, he lacks quality even though he does have his day, but who doesnt. 20 mil gets you world class strikers. luca toni (top goal scorer in italian league and many more in world cup) went for 5 million for god sake and hes a top notch striker, and lets be honest, crouch is no where near his standerd.

would you put him on your top 10 strickers? i know many others wouldnt.

How about you name your top 10 Strikers? I think it would be highly disputeable that the at least 5-10 didn't contain Crouch.

Put it this way Crouch was £7 Million when we bought him, he has since appeared in a FA Cup, CL and Charity Shield Final, World Cup Finals. plus is now a highly rated member of the England Squad, and a regular player in that. How can he still be worth the same now? He is surely worth the better side of £12.5 Million.

Oh and Yeah Shevchenko was good in the Italian League...Look wt happend at Chelsea.

Also I would put him in my top ten strikers, anyone who see's him on a regular basis knows what qualities he has....

First Off I do not agree with your top Six...Granted I would put them all in a different order, but what about Drogba?

Mine are

1: Henry

2: Van Nistlerooy

3: Drogba

4: Messi

5: Eto'o

6: Crouch

7: Owen

8: Luca Toni

9: Klose

10: Robinho

Crouchinho....

hmm... drogba slipped my mind.

clearly you have missed two of the hottest players in the EPL season 2006/2007 berbatov and tevez. I also assume you havnt seen Quagliarella play.

PS. how did owen make it to that list? didnt do well in spain, hardly played here in the UK after he returned. That bias in your oppinion has clearly blineded you in selecting crouch in your top 10 strikers.

PS. how did owen make it to that list? didnt do well in spain, hardly played here in the UK after he returned.

Owen got 13 goals in 34 La Liga matches, but 15 of those where sub apperances, how is that an awful record. He also has 7 in 13 for Newcastle in the premiership.

Owen did do well in Spain when he was played, Which he hardly wasn't. Also he was injured last season and some of the season before that. Hence the reason he didn't play.

Owen is a class act on the pitch, off it is all a matter of opinion for some fans. Geordie and Liverpool alike.

And it isn't Bias anyone who has seen Crouch play, Southampton Fans, Liverpool Fans, Heck even the people who booed Crouch off at The Theatre of Wet Dreams last year have realised what a class act he is.

Seconded what Field's said as well...Crouch is a genius...

As for Adriano I think he has slowed down recently, as for Quagmire no I ain't seen him play.

Besides this isn't bias or anything but how can Tevez be called a hot player when he really only turned it on when it matters, for 8/10ths of the season he went missing for the 'ammers.

As for Berbatov yes I missed him out, but you see I rate him as much as I do Kuyt. They had a similar tally in the Prem Last season and I do not think At this moment in time he is among the best in the world.