Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Chelsea really need right now is for all the fans to get right behind the team and the manager. Instead, they're all fucking turning on them. Singing Mourinho's name. Holding protests. Leaving matches at half time.

Hahahahahaha. *****.

The irony of this post is that the majority of Liverpool home fans would react in the exact same way if Rafa got the sack.

Lol, truth.

I'm not about to turn against Chelsea and support another club, nor have I ever said I would. But I just think our chances are too far gone.

He will leave Chelsea and they will do a Wimbledon....

Ideal thinking. That ain't gonna happen. You could say the same for Man Utd, but perhaps people would say that they were already a big club before the purchase of their club? (For some reason I want to call them Drazens. Too much 24...)

Well, Chelsea were still a top club before Roman bought them. They were achieving top 5 finishes in the Premiership and were achieving other things here and there. Truth is, I don't see Chelsea being relegated before another team such as the likes of Man Utd or Arsenal (IE. Never. Teams of too high a caliber).

In my dream Liverpool play Chelsea AGAIN this time in the Final....

Roman says Chelsea must win otherwise he sells the club for £10, all the players say they won't take wage cuts.

It's the 90th Minute 0-0, It's a corner infront of the 10 Chelsea Fans, Gerrard curls it in and Carra heads it in far post.

Abramovich explodes, Jose Mourinho Laughs

And we all laugh our heads off

Ideal thinking. That ain't gonna happen. You could say the same for Man Utd, but perhaps people would say that they were already a big club before the purchase of their club? (For some reason I want to call them Drazens. Too much 24...)

Well, Chelsea were still a top club before Roman bought them. They were achieving top 5 finishes in the Premiership and were achieving other things here and there. Truth is, I don't see Chelsea being relegated before another team such as the likes of Man Utd or Arsenal (IE. Never. Teams of too high a caliber).

True, Chelsea where always their or their abouts, but thanks to them Money has become more of an issue than we first thought.

Foreign Ownership is becoming a real need to survive and silly money is being paid for average players.

I actually maintain the view that regardless of what Liverpool or Man Utd had done Arsenal would have dominated English Football for a long time.

Henry would still be their, as would Viera and Wenger would of brought them a few more leagues and perhaps Europe to boot...

Infact I'd go as far to say Houllier would still be at Liverpool

Chelsea changed Football when Roman came and not for the better either

Shitty dream if you ask me.

Matter of perspective :heh:

I disagree that Romans takeover has brought nothing other then negatives though. Sure it can be criticised in many ways, but nobody can deny that Chelsea's dominance has increased the work rate and tactics of other teams. I remember a time where we would be 20 points behind at Xmas and still win the title. Chelsea's consistency paid void to that

But they also sacked their most succesful manager 12 Months after getting bought...

Whats Up with that?

Clubs go through managers like Paris Hilton makes sex tapes. It's ridiculous.

Still, I don't know whether to consider Roman's Chelsea support a good thing or a bad thing for football. The over-inflated prices are ridiculous. But thatg's not what annoys me in football.

Hoenstly, the thing that turns me more and more away from the game is the cheating from every club (diving etc), and the way it's never dealt with.

The transition between Ranieri and Jose, Houllier and Rafa are totally different....

Houllier got Liverpool from 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd David Moores put all his eggs in one basket and gave Houllier £25 million to win the league which we were most deffinatly capble of.

In my opinion Houllier lost it when he chose Diouf over Anelka, Anelka, Owen and Heskey were awesome at the time.

Anyway Houllier blew it despite being top of the league after 12 Games and Un-Beaten.

He was given that season and the next to get us back on track, we only just managed to finish 4th and despite being a great guy he lost control and we were shit. The fans, myself were calling for his head to roll and their was pressure from the fans because to be totally honest were going backwards rather than forward.

It wasn't as if their was mass pressure from Chelsea fans to get rid of their most succesful manager. It was the mentality of Roman wanting instant success which everyone knows isn't possible.

And Ahem, I thought Rafa was a shit manager in some peoples eyes....

I think the Attitude of Chelsea from board members down kind of makes me hate them even more.

I mean Peter Kenyon, For Fucks Sake come on is their a bigger pleb on a Football Board?

Some would say some of Ranieri's signings were shit as well -

Glen Johnson 15/07/03 RB West Ham United 6.0

Geremi 16/07/03 MF Real Madrid 7.02\

Wayne Bridge 21/07/03 LB Southampton 7.0

Damien Duff 21/07/03 LW Blackburn Rovers 17.0

Joe Cole 06/08/03 MF West Ham United 6.6

Juan Veron 06/08/03 MF Manchester United 15.0

Adrian Mutu 14/08/03 FW Parma 15.8

Alexei Smertin 25/08/03 MF Girondins Bordeaux 3.5

Hernan Crespo 26/08/03 FW Inter Milan 16.8

Neil Sullivan 29/08/03 GK Tottenham Hotspur free

Claude Makelele 01/09/03 MF Real Madrid 16.7

Scott Parker 30/01/04 MF Charlton Athletic 10.0[b/]

Consider the amount of money he blew on all them players and it amounts to way past 25 million!!!I think they are very comparable situations tbh.

And at the "ahem" part, not once on this board have I ever called Rafa a shit manager. His quality is unquestionable after winning a champions league with that shit squad. Thats not to say he has weaknesses preventing him from reaching the top which I have noted various times (e.g. some of his transfers and his rotation system).

They are comparable Questions, but not comparable Answers.

Two totally different fuled 'Exits'

To be honest if Mutu wasn't such a crack fiend he would of been a success

But he got them to 2nd Place in the league and CL Semi Final with that squad, for a club of Chelsea's size thats a success of imense proportions...

Mateja Kezman

Arjen Robben

Tiago

Del Horno

Khalid Boulahrouz

Ashley Cole

Magnus Hedman

Jiri Jarosik

A Fair few of Mourinho's signings who have failed to produce

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe