Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

Argh:

Former Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein has claimed Arsene Wenger came close to leaving the Gunners this summer.

Wenger ended speculation he was heading for the Emirates Stadium exit by putting pen-to-paper on a new contract which will keep him at Arsenal until 2011.

But Dein, who left Arsenal in April, has revealed the Frenchman's initial indecision in agreeing new terms.

"When I left his future was very much in the balance," Dein told Sky Sports News. "He said to me at the time that he wasn't sure if he wanted to stay on.

"We had a chat and I thought it was important that he should stay on for the future of the club.

"With the players that he is bringing through and his eye for talent, it was a major decision for him to stay.

"It was terribly important for the club that he should re-sign. I think he is essential. In fact he is more than that I think he is vital to the future of the football club."

Dein is now chairman of the company Red and White, which is co-owned by Alisher Usmanov.

The Russian billionaire recently bought out Dein's 14. 58 per cent share in Arsenal and it was thought a full takeover bid was planned.

However, Dein insists this is not the case although he does believe Arsenal will have to seek investment if they are to keep up with fellow Premier League clubs who have recently undergone a change in ownership.

"There is no takeover planned and it will remain at the status quo for the moment," Dein added.

"The question of future investment will remain to be seen what happens.

"I can see the landscape is changing and it will continue to change and in the fullness of time I think you will see that more investment will be needed."

Why does he have to put himself in the centre of attention for anything. This has nothing to do with his plans for a takeover, he's just a self obsessed ego-maniac. He should just shut up for the good of Arsenal.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was you there? no then shh.

Atmosphere was great, Non stop singing from start to finish, great friendly atmosphere with the Israelis aswell.

And whats wrong with the band? I love it!

There was over 85,000 there which is a pretty decent turn out if you ask me.

Heskey did very well and won the crowd over straight away and I think a lot of the press will have to back track on what they said about him. Had a great game.

Owen did well but should have perhaps finished better on some chances but he looked very lively.

Great game, great atmosphere and a well needed win.

I just Hate England so you can put alot of that down to me...

Anyway I agree with what you say about the Match, Heskey is awesome always has been always will be

man utd and city both in for huntelaar (sp?). ajax ready to sell him for 18 mil to compansate for champions league loss this season.

fergie thinks he can be the next best striker (same calabur as ruud but more versetile).

http://www.teamtalk.com

Well I hope this is true. I really rate Huntelaar. Wanted Fergie to get him in the summer. He is very similar to ruud and exactly what we need.

Well I hope this is true. I really rate Huntelaar. Wanted Fergie to get him in the summer. He is very similar to ruud and exactly what we need.

as great as ruud is, hes not versitile/dynamic enough, you cant use him in counter attack as he lacks pace and movement with regards to width. thats why i think fergie sold him and used saha instead, his pace and ability to run at players.

thats what liverpool have found in torres, a player that as well as being a goal scorer, can do other things like go wide to make space, create own chances, stuff outside the box (ruud lacked) and pace. Huntelaar is very similer to with regards to torres with a fantastic scoring record.

proble here is what will happen to tevez, roony, saha and players like dong and anderson. just like rossi left,will they?

Dong is aload of shit and will never break into the first team, his role at the club is purely for buisness, he opens up the asian market for us. Cos ive seen him various times and he has fuck all composure, not alot of pace and isnt clinical.

Asian market = win.

Dong is aload of shit and will never break into the first team, his role at the club is purely for buisness, he opens up the asian market for us.

Heh, I was going to say that but thought I'd get slated. Anyway, what exciting young players do Man Utd have on the books that we should be looking out for in the coming seasons?

According to the Mail Freddy Shepherd is considering buying Leeds.

Also Steven Taylor has turned down an (admittedly rather poor sounding) 5 year contract and Liverpool are said to be lining up a £5m bid for him. Not sure if he's worth that much to be honest, he blows hot and cold and since his England call up he's been shit. He's definitely got potential but it seems he's rated higher by other clubs fans than by our own.

Heh, I was going to say that but thought I'd get slated. Anyway, what exciting young players do Man Utd have on the books that we should be looking out for in the coming seasons?

Fraizer Campbell, Darron Gibson, Chris Eagles, Gerard Pique, Jonny Evans and Danny Simpson. Give it say three four years I say.

Pique, had a great season on loan and shows all the ability of a player who can make it to the first team... Surely will be defensive back up this season

Fraizer Campbell, just looks like a proper all out striker - hopefully he gets better as time goes on. Shown in pre season hes good at gettin in central positions and pouching goals.

Lee Martin, skillful winger who is a good little crosser of the ball, always looked a handful in the games Ive seen on MUTV

Kieron Lee, an old school defender in his style of play who looks solid as and is only 19.

Craig Cathcart, handful winger who has pace and plays with passion - keeps on showing signs that hes one for the future imo...

Eagles, showed recently he can put in a good work ethic in the premiership and if dealt with right could end up like a David Bentley sort of player.

Ben Foster, well future england number 1 and future united number 1 imo. Great young goal keeper

Chris Fagon, not alot of people will know who this kid is but from what I've seen hes an irishman who plays at top like a Robbie Keane. One to watch

Simpson and Evans also both showed at Sunderland that they can peform under pressure in central defence (especially Evans who was stunning), so who knows? Both very similar styled defenders and with the right progression could elevate, I wudnt bet on Simpson though...

Just a few players who I am always aware of and watch their progress with a curious eye... Im not going to sit here and lie like many do, and act like I know the Academy in and out, but one thing United have always had is a strong Academy and im sure talent will continue to come through...

... I have nothing to add to this. So I will just say Homecoming is quickly becoming one of my favourte songs on the album.

He's well ace on Football Manager.

He's fantastic, Best defender on my game and I'm in 2011.

Somebody has done what I have always dreamed of doing:

Sir Alex Ferguson has suffered minor injuries after an alleged attack at a London railway station.

It is understood the Manchester United manager was on his way to a function when he was allegedly attacked by a man at Euston station on Monday afternoon.

A British Transport Police spokesman confirmed that 65-year-old Sir Alex suffered leg injuries.

A 40-year-old man has been charged with actual bodily harm, assault and a public order offence.

He is due to appear at at Westminster Magistrates' Court, central London, on Wednesday.

Sir Alex, who was born in Glasgow, is not believed to have been badly hurt and attended the planned function in the city.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6990458.stm

Somebody has done what I have always dreamed of doing:

Sir Alex Ferguson has suffered minor injuries after an alleged attack at a London railway station.

It is understood the Manchester United manager was on his way to a function when he was allegedly attacked by a man at Euston station on Monday afternoon.

A British Transport Police spokesman confirmed that 65-year-old Sir Alex suffered leg injuries.

A 40-year-old man has been charged with actual bodily harm, assault and a public order offence.

He is due to appear at at Westminster Magistrates' Court, central London, on Wednesday.

Sir Alex, who was born in Glasgow, is not believed to have been badly hurt and attended the planned function in the city.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6990458.stm

You dream of attacking pentioners?... well you do support Liverpool... :indeed:

You dream of attacking pentioners?... well you do support Liverpool... :indeed:

Quite sad and disgusting if it is.

I feel sorry for Fergie, he like anyone else on this planet should not be subjected to random violence. Just because he's Man Utds manager doesn't mean tossers can randomly beat him up. Hope he's alright.

Hows Jermaine Pennant doing these days, still in the nick?

That aside, bagged myself some tickets to Arsenal vs Newcastle in the Carling Cup. The club decided to make this match a thank you match and reduced the tickets to £10 adults and £5 for kids in the lower sections and £20 and £10 respectively in the upper. A quarter of the usual price I pay so I wasn't going to miss the chance of our youth beating another premier league side. ;)

I feel sorry for Fergie, he like anyone else on this planet should not be subjected to random violence. Just because he's Man Utds manager doesn't mean tossers can randomly beat him up. Hope he's alright.

Some bloke kicked him in the shin, hardly a big deal.

That aside, bagged myself some tickets to Arsenal vs Newcastle in the Carling Cup. The club decided to make this match a thank you match and reduced the tickets to £10 adults and £5 for kids in the lower sections and £20 and £10 respectively in the upper. A quarter of the usual price I pay so I wasn't going to miss the chance of our youth beating another premier league side. ;)

Do you reckon this will make it to general sale, got a couple of mates who are Arsenal fans that I havent seen for a while.

Do you reckon this will make it to general sale, got a couple of mates who are Arsenal fans that I havent seen for a while.

Seems most likely. The Season ticket holders and Silvers stayed away. When booking a seat there is three colours indicating whats left in each block. Red - sold out, Orange - Limited, Green - Seats Available. Everywhere but two blocks were green. I've never seen that before, in fact I think I've only ever seen 3 green blocks on the lower tier. So yeah, I think it will definitely go general sale, even though you'd think the cheap seats would entice a lot of people.

Some bloke kicked him in the shin, hardly a big deal.

I wouldn't go dismissing my dream like that, then agian its not my dream. It's yours.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!