NEurope
gaggle64

Formula 1 2007

Hamilton Brake Testing [Webber Crash Video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sylZeGr9kB4

Looks like dangerous driving from Hamilton to me!

As I understand it, you are meant to stay 5 car lengths apart from the safety car at all times.

It even looks like Hamilton may have overtaken it at one point and thus he brakes incredibly hard! and he's just messing around with the drivers behind testing them out.

No wonder Vettel was confused at what Hamilton was doing and crashed into Webber!

And if Vettel got a penalty, then really, so should Hamilton!

Vettel got a 10 place grid drop for China, so yeah I see Hamilton getting the same.

Does look a bit dodgy, don't it? I'd certainly say the have to rap him with something. I'm not 100% convinced he can be blamed for that particular incident though. Why was Vettel looking at Hamilton at all if he was following Webber? If you think someone's dropping out you let your pit crew tell you that.

And here's some fun regulations:

40.7 Any car being driven unnecessarily slowly, erratically or which is deemed potentially dangerous to other drivers at any time whilst the safety car is deployed will be reported to the stewards. This will apply whether any such car is being driven on the track, the pit entry or the pit lane.

40.8 All competing cars must then form up in line behind the safety car no more than 5 car lengths apart and overtaking, with the following exceptions, is forbidden until the cars reach the Line after the safety car has returned to the pits.

Also, Alonso's eagerness to put the boot is just tiny bit funny to watch.

100 point deduction please, it to somehow be James Allens fault and him to be banned from going within 5 miles of a car or a microphone for life.

It would be hilarious for Hamilton to get the 10 place. Then Alonso and him tangle in the first corner at Shanghai, and Raikkonnen zips through to victory and the championship :indeed:

Chillax Hob. British sports fans always hate their guy. You've seen the headlines that follow our national teams about. It's almost part of the fun sometimes.

Hamilton cleared after Japan row

Lewis Hamilton will not be punished for alleged erratic driving behind the safety car in the Japanese Grand Prix.

The 22-year-old had been under investigation and at risk of losing the 10 points for his race win in Fuji.

But the FIA has ruled Hamilton will not be penalised following an accident where Sebastian Vettel crashed into Mark Webber in appalling conditions.

And Vettel has had a 10-place penalty on the starting grid for Sunday's Chinese GP replaced with a reprimand.

The ruling leaves Hamilton on the verge of winning the championship in his debut season, as he takes a 12-point lead over McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso into the final two races.

Hamilton, Vettel and Webber and their team officials reported to stewards at the Chinese Grand Prix.

They watched parts of the Japan race, including amateur video of the accident which had appeared on video-sharing website YouTube.

Following that meeting, the stewards stated: "The involvement of Lewis Hamilton in this incident has been considered in the light of the evidence given by him, his team manager and in particular all other parties present and no penalty is imposed on him."

Earlier on Friday Hamilton had expressed his disillusionment over the whole saga, which erupted after Webber accused him of doing a "bad job" behind the safety car, which was employed because of the wet weather.

Red Bull driver Webber was knocked out of the race by Toro Rosso's Vettel when they were following Hamilton and the Australian believes Hamilton braked excessively behind the safety car on lap 45.

Hamilton said: "If I've been in the wrong, I've been the first to put my hand up, or apologise at least.

"And I don't mind being given a penalty but there's been some real strange situations this year where I'm made to look the bad person.

"If this is the way it's going to keep going it's not somewhere I want to be.

"I had a good weekend, I didn't put a foot wrong. I didn't do anything to put anyone else in danger.

"I just think it's a real shame for the sport. Formula One is supposed to be about hard, fair competition.

"That's what I've tried to do this year, just be fair."

Webber said on Friday that although he had criticised Hamilton's driving, "at no time have I made an official complaint about anyone's driving."

I'm glad they let Vettel off. He already paid the price for his part. Looks like it's Hamilton's to lose now.

Oh, and FYI: Raikonnen and Alonso have been dominating in practice today. So you never know...

Oh, and FYI: Raikonnen and Alonso have been dominating in practice today. So you never know...
Indeed they have, should be an awesome race!

I'm currently having horrible visions of Alonso and Raikonnen taking each other out on the first corner.

I won't deny there's a part of me rooting for Hamilton, it would just be a bit of an anticlimax to the season.

The lack of support for a successful young and humble british driver who is finally giving this country success in F1 is disgusting.

Sure the commentators on ITV act like hes god, as a Man United fan I find their commentry of us so embarassingly biased, it makes me want to turn it off.

Dont let the media coverage, make you dislike Lewis himself. Seems like a great guy and I hope he wins the season. You should too

Anyone, British or not, has to enjoy what Hamilton has done. But, just like when England won the Rugby World Cup, The Ashes, or as would happen if England won the European Championship or World Cup in Football, we are never going to hear the ****ing end of it. Commentary and features of the ITV coverage is so dumbed down that I now listen to the Radio commentary if its on and mute the TV.

The lack of support for a successful young and humble british driver who is finally giving this country success in F1 is disgusting.

Sure the commentators on ITV act like hes god, as a Man United fan I find their commentry of us so embarassingly biased, it makes me want to turn it off.

Dont let the media coverage, make you dislike Lewis himself. Seems like a great guy and I hope he wins the season. You should too

I can fully appreciate Lewis's talent as a driver...

but what that doesn't mean however [just because I'm English] is that I have to support him and want him to win! NO WAY!

I also think he's been extremely lucky and privaleged to be where he is today! He's walked straight into that McLaren seat and had his whole career paid for him by the team, when there are much more deserved drivers on the grid!

I have to say that whilst the 2007 has been a great watch from a race point of view, I really haven't enjoyed it as a whole a great deal!

The spying scandal,

teams moaning about one another,

constant different investigations into cars and drivers,

Lewis and Alonso's pathetic bitching! [just shut up and do your talking on the race track],

and ITV's constant Hamilton coverage...

have all contributed to a stressful and unenjoyable percentage of the season!

Maybe it's just unlucky for Lewis and largely conincidently, but for me, since his introduction into the sport, F1 has been alot less fun for me to watch as a whole!

For once I'll actually be quite relieved when this season ends! That's NOT a good thing!

Hamilton needs a retirement given the reliability of the Mclaren, I get the feeling someones gonna have to take him out for him to lose the title :heh:

For me, this season has been amazing. Equally matched drivers & teams, inter-garage fist fights, spy scandals and enough bad blood sloshing around to declare a biological contamination zone. For better or for worst, F1 has gone from a bi-weekly circular plod to a Bourne-esque war of technology and the egos. Such events are regular occurrences anyway in F1 and all sport, but not before have they been quite this intense or public.

We could go back to the good old days when a single driver would dominate everything and his rivals would just mumble polite congratulations and leave, but frankly I don't want to. They say conflict is the essence of drama, and this season has been more thrilling then a RSC production about violent sex on a roller-coaster. I just can't wait for more next year. And there will be more.

We could go back to the good old days when a single driver would dominate everything and his rivals would just mumble polite congratulations and leave, but frankly I don't want to.
Hell NO!! The last thing I want is to go back to the boring Schumacher team order days!

If what I said came across that well then I phrased it badly!

I've loved the races this season, four drivers fighting for the title, BMW coming on strong, the mid-field scraps, surprises sprung by Super Aguri.

Alonso v Hamilton has been great, as has Kimi v Massa etc...

It's just things got a bit too much and too personal with the spying scandal, it was in danger of ruining the sport!

Also I think things have got very petty and over analysed this season...

Ferrari weren't braking the rules with their car floor it was a gap in the rules! It got banned!

Alonso wasn't being too harsh to Lewis in Spa, they are racing drivers fighting for position! Heck look at Massa v Kubica on the last lap at Fuji!! It's GREAT!! the sort of stuff that should be encouraged not criticised!

Hamiltons agressive racing starts at the start of the season! Got criticism!

I'd like to see F1 go more back to basics! I want racing!!

Lets see how no traction control goes down next year and hopefully that might lead to more of the samescrap the extra aerodynamic...

Scrap the additional aerodynamic bell and whistles on the side of the car that are hindering overtaking for example!

And for f*** sake, if Kimi wants to do a donut to show his sheer joy at winning 3 Spa's in a row, let him!!! There should be more of this type of thing!

Stunning lap from Lewis. He'll be running lighter then the Ferraris, but then he doesn't have to beat them. Good work from Coulthard too.

AMAZING RACE :D

Ahhh i'm so happy with that result, it was fab! Kimi drove great and well done to Vettel too.

I woke my parents up by screaming in pleasure when hamilton retired!

Great race!! Unpredictable condition, loads of greats scraps going on!

What an absolutely terrible decision from McLaren! You could see the canvas on the tyre at least a couple of laps before they brought Hamilton in! could have had a tyre blowout!

That was one of the funniest retirements I've seen, thought at one stage he was gonna make it back on the tarmac, so close!

Another fantastic drive from Raikkonen!

Even when conditions were tough for him and Hamilton on their warn out intermediates, he held it together, took the place and drove away!

Great drives from Vettel and Button aswell!

Now on to Brazil and I can't wait!

Best result from a championship point of view and for me as a Kimi fan!

Now just need Brazil to end up: 1) Kimi 2) Massa 3) Alonso DNF) Hamilton

Would have thought it would have been better to keep the posting spoiler free cos not everyone will have gotten up like we did!

Anyway you've read the view above....so will likely know...I'm gutted! As surely any Brit would be! It does raise the issue about having a Number 1 and Number 2 driver.... Hamilton and Alonso were effectively racing each other for the title and this shouldn't be the case. I think Hamilton was kept out for so long as they didn't know what to do, however if he had been Number 1 (a hard call of course when you team mate is current world champ) he would have been brought in straight away in the knowledge that it would help give him the highest placing rather than keeping both of them out and seeing things run their course...

Not me!

I was over the moon!

yeah same :D Best moment of the season for me! And what a funny retirement.

And what a funny retirement.
It was classic! And it was like the whole thing from exiting the track as in slow motion!

Just trying to reach the tarmac.... will he make it... will he make it... no he won't!! LOL

And all those stewards getting in a flap!

Now all we need is for Hamiltons engine to explode in Brazil, with a Ferrari 1-2 to give Kimi the title :D

I have to say I'm pretty shocked by the anti-Hamilton comments.

Racists.

Yep, the final race is going to be the best season finale ever. Amazingly stupid of McLaren to keep Hamilton out that long. It's the not the first gaffe concerning tyre tactics from them this year either.