NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Small things that annoy you/you'd change...

the use of friend codes: why still use hem when we have the console code this should be enough

What if you buy a new Wii (the next version with DVD enabled say) and want to keep your online account?

What if you buy a new Wii (the next version with DVD enabled say) and want to keep your online account?

Surely it'd be easier to transfer that, because I think friend codes are made using the wii's number anyway, so if you got a new wii you'd have new friend codes and everything anyway. Console codes or Mii codes would be much better imo.

Honestly, most of these complaints are really petty.

It is for small things.

One thing I would like to see is a release schedule for the VC games as its annoying not knowing whats coming out.

Another major thing that I would change is.....

GIVE US EURO PEEPS SUPER PAPER MARIO!!!!

Surely it'd be easier to transfer that, because I think friend codes are made using the wii's number anyway

No, I'm pretty sure they're not.

The most annoying thing about it for me is the need to keep having to change the batteries. If they had of gave us rechargeable batteries from the outset, I would have been a very happy bunny.

The most annoying thing about it for me is the need to keep having to change the batteries. If they had of gave us rechargeable batteries from the outset, I would have been a very happy bunny.

Just buy rechargeable batteries, I did that, I have no problems with that. That way, if it happens to run out of batteries, I can just change, while if it was a lithium battery or wtvr, it would be necessary to plug the controller in the USB, which would make playing a lot of games impossible.

One thing I hate about it is that it doesn't please internet forumers like it should.

I know you can buy rechargeable batteries but with it always being on standby, it would make charging the batteries very easy, at night or whatever which would mean you would always have charged batteries leading to a lot more happy gamers.

One thing I hate about it is that it doesn't please internet forumers like it should.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Why should it please us exactly?

I'de love to see them increase the internal memory. Make it possible to play your MP3 library in a specific channel? Read CD's and DVD's (but that means licensing cost...)? I'de just love to see it happening, actually.

But for now, I'm just going to see what the big N makes of it.

Make it possible to play your MP3 library in a specific channel?

Photo Channel. But only options are "Play all in order" and "Play single track on repeat"

Photo Channel. But only options are "Play all in order" and "Play single track on repeat"

Isn't that only in your slideshow? No I want a dedicated service. I don't even want to buy online - I want to play them with ease.

Shit online service, lack of internal memory, doesn't play DVD's, Mii service is bland and boring, oh and the lack of decent games.

Being able to copy GC saves from memory card to Wii internal memory.

More updates, regular updates and channels.

Sometimes trying to turn the Wii on with any remote other than the one that it thinks should be player one is a bloody nightmare.

There also needs to be some app to tidy up all your virtual console purchases and put them in subfolders, the Wii menu looks so nice normally but just looks untidy with loads of old school games floating around.

There also needs to be some app to tidy up all your virtual console purchases and put them in subfolders, the Wii menu looks so nice normally but just looks untidy with loads of old school games floating around.

Move all your VC purchases onto a different screen, and hey presto, you have your own subfolder, which you can acces by just clicking the '+' button on your remote.

Speaking of the VC, I've downloaded seven or eight games... (sounds like a lot actually when I type it!) but the only two I've been really bothered about playing have been Kirby and SimCity. Other classics like Zelda II, Goemon, R-Type, etc just arent enticing me to play them to the bitter end like I was hoping they would.

So in response to the thread: I wish the Wii would make me want to play my VC games more!

I have about 19 now (sad) and I bought all of them on impulse, half of them I don't even like. Even though I can only blame myself, a "try before you buy" service would be nice.

Dvd cd and hard drive support

better online system

the gamecube thing from the first post

custom clothes (like animal crossing) and more options + detail for miis

also i'd upgrade it to 2-4 gig of internal memory

i'd also give players 500 wii points the first time they beat a game

No, I'm pretty sure they're not.

What makes you so sure? It's gotta somehow be tied into either the game disc, or the console, or both, in order to make sure you don't end up with the same FC as someone else. I say it's based off the console, as I'm pretty sure that's what happens with DS stuff(the codes are made from a specific cart in a specific DS, isn't that why it says to play with that DS/Cart?).

Something people have mentioned that I totally agree with, is a music/mp3 channel, rather than just the silly photo channel for playing music. Some additional video codecs wouldn't go a miss either, so we could play video files we have...

What makes you so sure? It's gotta somehow be tied into either the game disc, or the console, or both, in order to make sure you don't end up with the same FC as someone else.

You don't get your Friend Code until you get online. The online systyem randomly gives you an available friend code. Nothing to do with the game disk or console. Same with the DS.

You don't get your Friend Code until you get online. The online systyem randomly gives you an available friend code. Nothing to do with the game disk or console. Same with the DS.

Then why do you get a different friend code if you use the game in another DS? Or use a different game in the same DS? I'm sure I've read that the console and game are treated as one unit, so it has to be related to them somehow. I remember reading the wifi site ages ago and it said something along those lines, and every DS has a wifi connection ID which is what must factor into things.

Then why do you get a different friend code if you use the game in another DS? Or use a different game in the same DS? I'm sure I've read that the console and game are treated as one unit, so it has to be related to them somehow. I remember reading the wifi site ages ago and it said something along those lines, and every DS has a wifi connection ID which is what must factor into things.

It's to do with some of the settings and info getting stored in the DS istelf. You can, however, swap this data with another DS, and use your games on that one instead, without losing anything.

Sign in to follow this