NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
demonmike04

The revolution - Unknown features

trust me it's all true, I found a link talking about george lucas re-releasing the star wars DVD and the big event with all the movie directors. Im looking for the link with the quote that a video game company is using this 3d technology.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/news.php?id=7210

Yeah, I trust you, what I meant was I hope its used for Revolution.

he said a well known video game maker got the jump on hollywood and will be using it in its upcoming console in 2006.

, he said a well known video game maker got the jump on hollywood and will be using it in its upcoming console in 2006.

, he said a well known video game maker got the jump on hollywood and will be using it in its upcoming console in 2006.

This basically confirms it will be on REV! 100%!

It wont be used on the revolution....this is a really old and baseless rumour guys... Just expect good graphics.

It wont be used on the revolution....this is a really old and baseless rumour guys... Just expect good graphics.

Well if its for a console in 2006, it will be used for either the PS3 or Rev.

pretty far fetched though right? Yeah, that comments makes it sound very likely...I just wonder why there is little talk about this technology in the media and perhaps it isnt that impressive...I dont know how they would achieve it as without the 3d glasses, those films are incredibly blurry!

pretty far fetched though right? Yeah, that comments makes it sound very likely...I just wonder why there is little talk about this technology in the media and perhaps it isnt that impressive...I dont know how they would achieve it as without the 3d glasses, those films are incredibly blurry!

No this technology is very impressive, James Cameron even stated that he would never film a movie again without being in 3d like this. I dont know how they do it, but it's some way to trick one eye into looking at one part of the screen and the other eye looks at another part and the image pops out the screen somehow. It's hard to explain and it works from all angles too. It's basically an illusion that tricks your brain and yet it has no effects on your sight or brain. No teary eyes or headaches.

This is the kind of 3d illusions im talking about

Flippant_Venus_Plunge.gif

Nancy_and_Landon%27s_Hearth.gif

Yeah I saw some like that on the Gamespot forums, this one is amazing, gives you a fantastic feeling of immersion:

Old_Stone_Gate.gif

Its as if you want to lean forward and touch that fireplace. Stunning.

wow guys that is cool. i think they might actually do this. but if sony do it, you'd probably have to sell your soul to sony or something ^.^

"From U.S. Patent filed on July 21, 2004

This rumor centers on new technologies that would change the way a gamer actually watches a game. To start, here's a brief intro: a fixation point is whatever a gamer stares at most of the time when playing a game. Thing is, most games feature several of these fixation points, so developers have needed to devise methods of including every object on screen at all times. When this wasn't possible, the display needed to shift and prioritize objects according to the action. Developers accomplished this by zooming the image up or down, to help gamers re-focus their attention. Just look at any number of sports games. The camera invariably follows the soccer ball, baseball or football. The document argues that the constant change in perspective makes playing games tougher than it should.

The patent describes a technology that would prevent a fixation point from moving and prevent the display area from changing in size. Regardless of where a player sits, he (or she) would command a deep view of the happenings on screen. This would also carry over into multiplayer gaming, where multiple players would normally require multiple fixation points. The new set of technologies would eliminate the strain associated with split-screen gaming. In summary, this would all make for excellent game sessions thanks to unparalleled view of the display. Changing the way a gamer watches the action unfold on-screen would be somewhat revolutionary, but again, it's too early to tell exactly how Nintendo plans on using the tech described in the patent. Unless, of course, they already have to some degree...

But that didn't stop anyone from speculating. Once again, rumors seeped into websites and forums. The conjecture pointed at everything from holographic imaging to new methods of image processing where a developer could create hyper realistic vistas at a fraction of the current processing cost. The latter of which alleviates concerns over the rumors that the Revolution will lack the raw processing power of both the PS3 and Xbox 2. If Nintendo has found a way to render realistic imaging at a relatively low processing cost, then it really doesn't matter that the Revolution will lack some of the punch of competing consoles. What matters is that it will stand on equal footing from a graphics stand point. Furthermore, the technologies developed to nix the forever-changing "fixation points" problem will only reinforce the new rendering methods...or so go the rumors."

Anyone remember this one. Im pretty sure Ninty actually said something about fixation points and how they would use them.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/522/522559p7.html

This may be another piece of evidence?

I was just wondering will you need the Gamecube controller to play Gamecube games?, as i haven't seen anything confirming yes or no.

If Nintendo were to do such a 3D technology they would be 1st in the market again in no time :shock:

It's still wishful thinking though.

New technologies are coming that will allow current 2-D films to be remastered into 3-D using proprietary procedures. George Lucas has announced that he will re-release his Star Wars films in 3-D based on a conversion process from the company In-Three. James Cameron (Titanic) will shoot his new film Battle Angel 2007 in digital 3-D. The following animation films are scheduled for upcoming release: "Chicken Little" Nov 4, 2005, followed in a few months by "Monster House" "The Ant Bully" and "Happy Feet". These are all animation based and will either release in digital in a few hundred theaters along with a 2D release or in IMAX 3D along with regular 2D 35mm. Both digital and IMAX are quite costly ways of showing 3D. Another approach being proposed is the upgrading of existing 35mm to show 3D with a six perf pull-down in the projector. Advocates of this, CINE 160 3D, point to 10 to 1 cost savings and proven results with film. (The film image is 1.6 times the conventional frame size.)

In late 2005 Steven Spielberg told the press he was involved in patenting a 3-D cinema system that does not need glasses, and is based on plasma screens. A computer splits each film-frame, and then projects the two split images onto the screen at differing angles, to be picked up by tiny angled ridges on the screen. (Spielberg is co-producer of the film "Monster House".) Even episodic TV series are embracing 3D, as NBCs "Medium" hits the home HD screens in 3D in late November 2005.

Hmmm, it doesn't seem we can do it with our good old TV :hmm:

I was just wondering will you need the Gamecube controller to play Gamecube games?, as i haven't seen anything confirming yes or no.

Im guessing it will, or maybe the shell can also be used. Why put in 4 controller sockets? But then again, this is the prototype, what ever Nintendo gets rid of is upto them. But im guessing you will need them but there will be an alternative such as the shell.

he said a well known video game maker got the jump on hollywood and will be using it in its upcoming console in 2006.

Actually, this makes a ALOT of sence, since the Revolutions chipsets are nicknamed Hollywood and Broadway...

From IGN:

The chip is codenamed "Broadway," according to Nintendo. Meanwhile, ATI, which developed the GameCube's graphics chip, is underway with GPU for Revolution. The chip is codenamed "Hollywood," according to Nintendo.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/594/594935p1.html

This could be wrong...but maybe the things are linked...I hope so.

Actually, this makes a ALOT of sence, since the Revolutions chipsets are nicknamed Hollywood and Broadway...

From IGN:

http://cube.ign.com/articles/594/594935p1.html

This could be wrong...but maybe the things are linked...I hope so.

I believe it does link, and think theres a good chance it is all true.

This is the kind of 3d illusions im talking about

Flippant_Venus_Plunge.gif

Nancy_and_Landon%27s_Hearth.gif

The effect of that diving one is way cool, lets hope ninty have something simular planned huh.

Well there are numerous hints that we'l know more soon (Latest from Kojima).

But is this a step no one realised for Photo-Realistic graphics? Since, if you have realistic graphics, it will just just get plain, it'l be like controlling a TV show, but with this technique to mentally push objects out of the TV will realy make Photo realism worth while. But I still think Photo - Realism shouldnt happen for some time, because the vast majority of the gaming industry thinks this is the ultimate step, and if it is, what next?

Many people thought the 3-d graphics of the ps3 were going to be the ultimate step. The truth is, there's always new technology coming out and we don't know what the future has in store.

a special add on to the controller that amits short sharp volts when u get shot or injured.

but to be serius i would love to have more great playable titles and that would do me. instead of me going into the shop havin a long descusion about the top games comin out ,lookin around the shop and leavin empty handed.because most of the titles are just not my cup of tea

Actually guys, i have the dreaded thought its PS3 using this.

A few months back, I watched the first Gundam PS3 game played on a video which I downloaded from IGN. I noticed it looked more three dimensional than any other next-gen games. So that was my first clue.

My second clue is the Devil May Cry 4 pictures, look at the one were the gun looks as if its pointing at you, it hints at the effects we just been talking about.

Any one agree? But I hope im wrong, but it does seem to add together.

The near realism pictures + New 3D techniques = Makeshift ultimate experience?

Actually guys, i have the dreaded thought its PS3 using this.

A few months back, I watched the first Gundam PS3 game played on a video which I downloaded from IGN. I noticed it looked more three dimensional than any other next-gen games. So that was my first clue.

My second clue is the Devil May Cry 4 pictures, look at the one were the gun looks as if its pointing at you, it hints at the effects we just been talking about.

Any one agree? But I hope im wrong, but it does seem to add together.

The near realism pictures + New 3D techniques = Makeshift ultimate experience?

There's a problem with that theory, though. Sony is the sort of company that wouldn't keep a feature, like that, secret. Sony would be crowing from the rooftops about how their's is truly a next gen machine and you shouldn't even be considering the competition. They did the same thing with the PS2 and Dreamcast, told people that they should wait a year for the superior machine; people did wait and found they got a system that wasn't quite as powerful as the Dreamcast. Right now, Sony would be telling everyone about this feature to spoil Xbox360 sales, plain and simple.

There's a problem with that theory, though. Sony is the sort of company that wouldn't keep a feature, like that, secret. Sony would be crowing from the rooftops about how their's is truly a next gen machine and you shouldn't even be considering the competition. They did the same thing with the PS2 and Dreamcast, told people that they should wait a year for the superior machine; people did wait and found they got a system that wasn't quite as powerful as the Dreamcast. Right now, Sony would be telling everyone about this feature to spoil Xbox360 sales, plain and simple.

That's so right YenRug :D

If anyone will use it, Nintendo will. It still seems unlikely that it will happen though - if it's possible with regular TVs I can't imagine nobody has invented it before.

Its as if you want to lean forward and touch that fireplace. Stunning.

Yeah, and lean forward to look over the splash and see what the girl's wearing.... ;)

---------

How would they make it so the picture doesn't have to shake all the time? That's why it looks 3D.

picture11fc.png

Quote: How would they make it so the picture doesn't have to shake all the time? That's why it looks 3D.

-> Perhaps make it shake far quicker, so you wouldn't notice it anymore.

The thing is, if this would be true, the developers who got their hands on the controller at TGS would have to know then as they'd have seen it? Or perhaps nintendo didn't implement it yet as they were just tech demo's to primarily show off the controller and not so much the graphics, revolutionary or not. I must admit it fits perfectly in the big new-controller-different-viewing-way picture and it would be an absolute joy to play such innovative technology, but you got to admit, it does sound a bit toooooo good to be true doesn't it :)

The problem with us fans is that when we get excited we can link almost every bit of news together making some kind of sense just to fullfill our fantasy/dream about what we'd like it to be like. Remember all the mysterious patents and quotes that almost 100% made sense when we saw the On video? :p

By the way, the gundam video doesn't look 3D at all to me, the robot's are just portrayed in a more in-your-face manner to give them a more majestic, grandiose feel. Same with the in your face gun from Devil may cry. That's just playstation's "cool" thing in effect there.

PS: how the hell do you become "settled in" on these forums? I've been with cube-europe since the cube launched way back, and I post occasionally, but yet i'm still considered a newbie by forum default :indeed:

Quote: How would they make it so the picture doesn't have to shake all the time? That's why it looks 3D.

-> Perhaps make it shake far quicker, so you wouldn't notice it anymore.

The thing is, if this would be true, the developers who got their hands on the controller at TGS would have to know then as they'd have seen it? Or perhaps nintendo didn't implement it yet as they were just tech demo's to primarily show off the controller and not so much the graphics, revolutionary or not. I must admit it fits perfectly in the big new-controller-different-viewing-way picture and it would be an absolute joy to play such innovative technology, but you got to admit, it does sound a bit toooooo good to be true doesn't it :)

The problem with us fans is that when we get excited we can link almost every bit of news together making some kind of sense just to fullfill our fantasy/dream about what we'd like it to be like. Remember all the mysterious patents and quotes that almost 100% made sense when we saw the On video? :p

By the way, the gundam video doesn't look 3D at all to me, the robot's are just portrayed in a more in-your-face manner to give them a more majestic, grandiose feel. Same with the in your face gun from Devil may cry. That's just playstation's "cool" thing in effect there.

PS: how the hell do you become "settled in" on these forums? I've been with cube-europe since the cube launched way back, and I post occasionally, but yet i'm still considered a newbie by forum default :indeed:

50 posts I think.

Does someone clever want to edit those pictures so they shake really quickly and see what happens?

Sign in to follow this