NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Roostophe

The Jeff Buckley Appreciation Thread

Nobody cares about what you think on this thread. So really...stop wasting server space like a good boy and leave.

Eat shit. Everyone cares. They may not agree, but they sure as hell care.

i love hallelujiah - that guys voice was very soothing...lol..

I would have to disagree with this, he started off alright, but when the song gets a bit more "powerful" he sounds like nails on a chalkboard. John Cale's version in Shrek/Scrubs was better I say.

Since everyone is spunking in Jeff's hair, I'd love to follow suit. So if anyone would like to send me some of his tracks which you consider decent, my mind may be changed. Except for that fuckwit Problematique, I don't think he cares. :(

His Glastonbury performance is one of the best live acts ever. This man was an absolute legend.

I would have to disagree with this, he started off alright, but when the song gets a bit more "powerful" he sounds like nails on a chalkboard. John Cale's version in Shrek/Scrubs was better I say.

okie... all entitled to ones opinions and all that jazz

i just find acoustic-y type music very calming - im weird like that

Murray, I usually find your posts hilarious, but Jeff is a step too far.

There's a load of stuff about Jeff on 6 music and I reckon a fair portion of tomorrow will be spent listening again on t'internet while I do some computery work.

And hallelujah is possibly the closest thing to a perfect song I have ever heard.

Murray, I would love to send you some Buckley songs, but I'm not too sure which of his songs would suit your musical tastebuds.

i just find acoustic-y type music very calming - im weird like that

Nothing weird about that. Lots of people probably find an acoustic guitar calming, especially when compared to electric guitar with a full on distortion sound effect with added screaming.

if you were dyslexic maybe.

Fixed. :heh:

Fixed. :heh:

Thanks: peace: cant spell i am actually slightly dyslexic (numbers only lol doesn't excuse the spelling)

Murray, I usually find your posts hilarious, but Jeff is a step too far.

Kinda like Isaac Hayes and Scientology.

Murray, I would love to send you some Buckley songs, but I'm not too sure which of his songs would suit your musical tastebuds.

I'm into all sorts of shit. Try me.

I'm into all sorts of shit. Try me.

Errr.....I suppose if you are into all sorts of stuff, you could always try to listen to all of Grace, but skip Hallelujah. There's also Sketches for "My Sweetheart The Drunk", there's a lot of variety in that one.

But for best results, listen to Jamie Cullum's cover of "Lover, You Should've Come Over", then listen to the original, and realise just how much better the original version is.

Thanks: peace: cant spell i am actually slightly dyslexic (numbers only lol doesn't excuse the spelling)

that's dysxpraxia

The only thing I'll tribute to him is my piss on his grave. Or somewhere which was important to him.

My! I am an annoying prick because of my oppinion.

Thanks for the personal attack

Nobody cares about what you think on this thread. So really...stop wasting server space like a good boy and leave.

Oh God it's the Hendrix appreciation thread all over again

The only thing I'll tribute to him is my piss on his grave. Or somewhere which was important to him.

There's a difference between not giving respect to someone (which is completely fine and you don't have to) and giving disrespect to someone for little or no reason. This is especially worsened by the fact that it's in a topic about giving respect to the man.

There's a difference between not giving respect to someone (which is completely fine and you don't have to) and giving disrespect to someone for little or no reason.

Any chance you can define what borders on regular disrespect and the chance of not having a reason

I don't like his music from what I've heard. If that touches upon your "little or no reason" then fan-fucking tastic, I'll sleep soundly tonight either way.

Fact is. Since everyone is spunking in his hair I'm attempting to see what the fuss is about. I will not do the same thing about Nirvana and System Of A Down because I know full well they're shit.

Well if you're admitting you need someone to define the borders between the two then I think it may be a sad reflection on you.

But if you're looking for some Buckley advice, try "What Will You Say".

Well if you're admitting you need someone to define the borders between the two then I think it may be a sad reflection on you.

I'm just curious on your interpretation.

Haha, Jeff Buckley is an American singer-songwriter who's work is quite influential within the music community. Only had one album yet made a very big impact. You'll most probably of heard his version of Hallelujah.

Haha, Jeff Buckley is an American singer-songwriter

Was :p sorry about the pedanticism.

Eevilmurray...I don't quite see what you're trying to do here. I mean...great, you don't like Jeff Buckley. Everyone's entitled to their opinions. But you're just shit stirring. And you're not doing it particularly well either. Hmm. Awesome. :indeed:

Sign in to follow this