Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Edge Issue 156! write-up of Revo Pad - A MUST READ

Britprog

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A soft, rubbery feel, eh? I expected it to be more iPodish. Interesting, though, and I like EDGE's impressions.

“There’s a soft rubbery finish on the pad and buttons surface, meaning although the handset looks hard, sharp-edged and slippery, the sensation of holding it is effortlessâ€

Apologies for the error in writing this comment, it should have meant the A and B buttons on the Revolution pad have a soft rubbery finish not the casing. This is an error on my part because i sped read the article.

Obviously not very good at it!!! :indeed::indeed:

Call of Cthulhu = 4

Frantix = 4

they review Metallica songs lol

lol I was thinking that! The cover is awesome and would make a good ad campaign for Nintendo if they keep the Revolution name. Looks like things are going good, now all we need is gameplay footage!

“There’s a soft rubbery finish on the pad and buttons surface, meaning although the handset looks hard, sharp-edged and slippery, the sensation of holding it is effortlessâ€

Apologies for the error in writing this comment, it should have meant the A and B buttons on the Revolution pad have a soft rubbery finish not the casing. This is an error on my part because i sped read the article.

Obviously not very good at it!!! :indeed::indeed:

Anyway, cool :D

Cool. I might pick up a copy from my 24 hours asda on the way to school tomorrow. Anuway, I use to be a reader of GamesMaster and well, recently I have stopped buying mags because of the net so, if nobody minds, can you please tell me if GamesMaster has by any chance said anything about the Rev in any of their latest issues and if so, what did they say?

Thanks. :)

Cool. I might pick up a copy from my 24 hours asda on the way to school tomorrow. Anuway, I use to be a reader of GamesMaster and well, recently I have stopped buying mags because of the net so, if nobody minds, can you please tell me if GamesMaster has by any chance said anything about the Rev in any of their latest issues and if so, what did they say?

Thanks. :)

Never read Gamesmaster, but i might pop down to my local newsagent to check out the latest issue.

Does anybody remember a mag called Arcade, it was published by Future the same company that does Edge, Around the PS1 vs. N64 era.

It was a like fun version of Edge, but had some killer articles too.

I remember ARCADE, it was a brilliant mag, basically a gamer lifestyle one in the same was as things like FHM are a men's lifestyle one. Sadly Future screwed it up by relaunching it as some crappy pulp paper thing, was absolute rubbish, can only assume they didn't have the numbers to keep it running.

Yeah, I had a subsciption to Arcade and when they relaunched it with that "loo roll paper" magazine I was well pissed off.

It only lasted 2-3 Issues, then Future started sending me PS Magazine, those cheeky sods.

I remember one article when they played Gran Turismo, and the journo started drinking to see how alcohol affected the his lap times. Great stuff.

I think I may have all the issues tucked awayin my loft somewhere, might dig them up in the weekend.

my fav is NGC too....

well how long is the revolution article in edge?? is it worth to buy just because that article? if not i prefer to start saving money to buy rev....lol:)

I wouldn't buy Edge for a single article. The article is 8 pages long but two pages are pictures only. Save your €6 for your Revolution fund!!

I am sure they will post the article on there website when issue 157 comes out on November 24th. They have recently posted the PDZ preview which was published in issue 155.

Got it today, and I realise how good EDGE is, Revolution article is great, and the reviews and whole layout is superb. I'm likely to carry on buying in future. Haven't yet watched the DVD, jsut about to.

They're really unimpressed with 360 aren't they! And they love Revolution like fuck.

Well my mum bought it for me for once so I'm happy :smile:

The DVD is great, OH MY Japan looks fantastic, and all those cute girls :shock: I must go there sometime.

Anyone else love Iwata's voice when he tries to speak english? :grin:

The Microsoft conference was so poor, watching it, it really did feel like EDGE said, outdated. I'm still getting one though, I want Kameo.

Haha that Feel the Magic 2 trailer, it looks quite fun, I like the theme song on the trailer for Sonic Rush too.

MGS4, if thats real time than very impressive indeed.

Well my mum bought it for me for once so I'm happy :smile:

The DVD is great, OH MY Japan looks fantastic, and all those cute girls :shock: I must go there sometime.

Anyone else love Iwata's voice when he tries to speak english? :grin:

The Microsoft conference was so poor, watching it, it really did feel like EDGE said, outdated. I'm still getting one though, I want Kameo.

Haha that Feel the Magic 2 trailer, it looks quite fun, I like the theme song on the trailer for Sonic Rush too.

MGS4, if thats real time than very impressive indeed.

When you hear Iwata speak on the DVD its a voice over. Because the TGS was ofcourse taking place in Japan it would have been downright rude for Iwata to speak in English in the press conference.

Iwata's English isn't that bad really, he did well in GDC and E3 this year!!!!

I had a dream last night that I was looking for this issue of EDGE, and when I eventually found it in a shop it was in a resealable plastic bag. I didn't want to buy it, so I started to read it in the shop, but then I woke up. Weird. :wtf:

I had a dream last night that I was looking for this issue of EDGE, and when I eventually found it in a shop it was in a resealable plastic bag. I didn't want to buy it, so I started to read it in the shop, but then I woke up. Weird. :wtf:

Did the copy of Edge in your dream have any nudey pictures. LOL

I watched the DVD last night, I have to admit the Jap's are odd. When TGS ends all the booth girls line up (which is a beautiful sight) and leave one by one with Auld Lang Syne playing in the background!!

Guest DS MaNiAc

Britpog your ava is Shigsys autograph.

I got it [the mag] and it's a good read. They really do bash the 360 quite a bit :D FTM 2 looks great, multiplayer looks like real fun....can wait for the european release.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!