Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Edge Issue 156! write-up of Revo Pad - A MUST READ

Britprog

I am an subscriber to Edge, and I received the latest issue in this mornings post.

Edge is well respected UK mutilformat videogames magazine which has been going for well over 10 years.

In this issue Edge has a detailed write up of the Revolution controller at TGS. They where one of the few people in the world to get there hands on the controller before TGS

Here are some extracts that I thought you might me interested in reading

“Unthreatening and uncomplicated, it begs to be picked up. And when it is its almost impossible to put down.â€

“There’s a soft rubbery finish on the pad and buttons surface, meaning although the handset looks hard, sharp-edged and slippery, the sensation of holding it is effortlessâ€

“This controller makes you fell like a magician, becoming so settled in your hand there might as well be nothing thereâ€

“The controller makes it instantly apparent how much of a cheap fudge the 3D controls of the last two generations has beenâ€

“There’s no immediate reason to believe that playing with Revolution will need to be any more playing with a mouse: rest your arm on your knee of sofa (couch) arm, and direct the action with gentle tilts and turnsâ€

And last my fav

“Returning to TGS’s showflow after playing the demos is a faintly surreal process. Suddenly, the 360 looks incredibly old-fashioned. Picking up a DualShock for a quick play of Rogue Galaxy seems preposterousâ€. :grin::grin::grin:

There is also a free DVD in this issue, something to do with TGS. I haven’t had a chance to watch it yet!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the last issue, which was the first time I've read it. Someone on the boards said they sometimes do articles about the industry and how to get in it, and with Uni decisions and courses coming I thought it was time to do some research. Loved the last issue and I definitely intend on buying it regularly.

I bought the last issue, which was the first time I've read it. Someone on the boards said they sometimes do articles about the industry and how to get in it, and with Uni decisions and courses coming I thought it was time to do some research. Loved the last issue and I definitely intend on buying it regularly.

Yeah good issue overall, did a good write up on TGS for MS and Sony aswell.

Edge has always been a mag that I can't wait for to be delivered, unfortunately my post comes at about 11am which sucks.

Whats on the front cover damnit!!!

Sorry here

Enjoy

Edge also confirmed that the sensors where wired to the Revolution. The sensors themselves will be supplied out of the box mounted on a thin metal spacer, the whole unit is about a foot long (30cm). Players can even dismount the sensors and stick them onto either side of the TV if they wish.

Guest DS MaNiAc
Sorry here

Enjoy

Edge also confirmed that the sensors where wired to the Revolution. The sensors themselves will be supplied out of the box mounted on a thin metal spacer, the whole unit is about a foot long (30cm). Players can even dismount the sensors and stick them onto either side of the TV if they wish.

Cheers! Thanks so mutch mate! Cant wait to get my hands on this, it comes out on the 27th :smile:

Someone on the boards said they sometimes do articles about the industry and how to get in it, and with Uni decisions and courses coming I thought it was time to do some research.

Once every year they do a working in the industry special issue, usually comes with a booklet interviewing different people at different companies, mix of different jobs, i.e. graphic artist, modeller, producer, director and so on. Sadly, I think this year's issue has already been and gone.

any reviews in the mag?

Yep, scores out of ten

Quake 4 = 8

Battalion Wars = 7

Fear = 8

Viewtiful Joe:Battle Carnival = 7

Battlefield 2:Modern Combat = 8

Pursuit Force = 7

Brothers In Arms:Earned In Blood = 8

Urban Reign = 7

Sly 3:Honor Among Thieves = 7

The Suffering:Ties That Bind = 5

Buzz! The Music Quiz = 6

Tony Hawks American Wasteland = 6

Ultimate Spiderman = 5

Without Warning = 3

Gripshift = 7

Jak X = 6

Rebelstar:Tactical Command = 7

Call of Cthulhu = 4

Frantix = 4

Tamagotchi No Puchipuchi Omisecchi = 4

Articles:

The Time Extend this month is Dark Chronicle for the PS2

The Making Of... Adventure for the Atari VCS

Previews:

Prince of Persia:The Two Thrones

Full Spectrum Warrior:Ten Hammers

Gears Of War

Dead Rising, Karakuri

The Sims 2 (DS, PSP)

The Matrix:Path Of Neo

Marc Ecko's Getting Up:Contents Under Pressure

Exit

Goku Makaimaru

Every Extend Extra

Tenkabito.

Features include Lara Croft, Titan Quest, What do comedy writes know about games?, and of course Making Waves with Nintendo

any reviews in the mag?

Quake 4, Batallion Wars, FEAR, Viewtiful Joe: BC, Battlefield 2: MC, Pursuit Force, Brothers In Arms 2, Urban Reign, Sly 3, The Suffering 2, Buzz! The Music Quiz, Tony Hawk's Latest Rubbish, Ultimate Spider-Man, Without Warning, Jak X, Gripshift, Rebelstar: TC, Call of Cthulhu, Frantix, Tamagotchi.

Edit: Brit, are you Poncho from Gamesradar/lifting his posts from Gamesradar without crediting him or is this just coincidence/ or maybe the both of you are getting this from the same place... or! He's maybe ripping you off.

Quake 4, Batallion Wars, FEAR, Viewtiful Joe: BC, Battlefield 2: MC, Pursuit Force, Brothers In Arms 2, Urban Reign, Sly 3, The Suffering 2, Buzz! The Music Quiz, Tony Hawk's Latest Rubbish, Ultimate Spider-Man, Without Warning, Jak X, Gripshift, Rebelstar: TC, Call of Cthulhu, Frantix, Tamagotchi.

Edit: Brit, are you Poncho from Gamesradar/lifting his posts from Gamesradar without crediting him or is this just coincidence/ or maybe the both of you are getting this from the same place... or! He's maybe ripping you off.

not from gamesradar but rllmukforum.com ;) Don't know about Poncho - Shout out to Mr Do on rllmukforum

The quotes from Egde are mine, I painstakingly typed those quotes up.

im just gunna read the article in the shop then put it back and walk off weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

hopefully alot of the xbox/ps2 fans that hate/dislike nintendo will take notice of this it may turn alot of heads nintendos way come there launch

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!