N-Europe

deviantart anyone?

Guest Ray Falling

Guest Ray Falling
Yep, I commented on your Sheena picture. It's pretty. =3

I also really like your photographs; skies are so awesome. =D

n_n thank you. Though after reading the feedback I got on the Sheena picture, I should have tried something more..me, rather than using a reference picture..but aww well, it was such a long time ago...0_0 I stopped using ms paint for that and really improved my skillz now. But yeah, sky photography is still my fav thing to do n_n. My work is never done.

:glomp: I love your work too, you deserve more credit (i commented on that on yer page as well)

Can you explain to me what oekaki (spelling?) is anyway? I seen it before but I dont get what the definition of it is n_n

Thanks

--Ray

Well, oekaki is basically just an online drawing program. There are different versions of it, but I think you can sort of compare it to a small online Photoshop version or something. And it's addictive. =P

I'm not sure I'm allowed to post links to other sites here (other than DA pages of course), but you can go to http://www.oekakicentral.com to check it out. It's a big site with a lot of different rooms and themes and enough places to test it out. Plus, I'm a moderator there. X3

But yeah, you should try it out if you love to draw. Really fun and I love the community there. =3

Also, thanks for your comment on my DA page. Indeed, some more credit would be nice, but oh well, whatcha gonna do about it eh. ='D

Guest Ray Falling
Well, oekaki is basically just an online drawing program. There are different versions of it, but I think you can sort of compare it to a small online Photoshop version or something. And it's addictive. =P

I'm not sure I'm allowed to post links to other sites here (other than DA pages of course), but you can go to http://www.oekakicentral.com to check it out. It's a big site with a lot of different rooms and themes and enough places to test it out. Plus, I'm a moderator there. X3

But yeah, you should try it out if you love to draw. Really fun and I love the community there. =3

Also, thanks for your comment on my DA page. Indeed, some more credit would be nice, but oh well, whatcha gonna do about it eh. ='D

Thanks, I'll have to check that out then n_n. So it can be basically any style of drawing but as long as it was done in that program its considered oekaki? Or is that manga/anime only? (as most seems to be that way anyway)

And yer welcome for the comment. I know its hard to get the recognition you deserve...I mean, I just hit 10.000 plus so I really shouldnt complain, but still i hav a fave average of 14 T_T and I have about 200 watchers so appearantly, even the best I can isnt that good...

But being on deviantart makes you an idiot-artist (well it makes me one anyway) at some point you only care about views and faves, 0_0 its nuts, I should do art for art sake again...but sometimes it feels like its just a populairity contest 0_0.

But I met awesome friends there that make it all okay again n_n;;;

--Ray

Right, oekaki is not a style, it's the name of the program. Most people tend to draw in anime style now just because it's the popular thing to do now. We have rooms on there that are specifically meant for non-anime drawings like realism. So yeah, style really doesn't matter; it's all allowed. =3

And yeah, sometimes DA does feel like a popularity contest, which kind of bothers me. But since I barely get any pageviews/comments anyway, it doesn't really affect me that much. I still draw because I like to draw and I will always keep on doing that. It would be nice to get some more views, but I won't die if I don't. =P

Guest Ray Falling
hey, do you guys do anything above and beyond just posting your stuff to try and get criticism/comments on your work?

You can also sell yer work on there but that requires a small investment... Cant make a living off it but most people who sell good stuff are also better known... n_n

As an artist, exposure is very important, and this site is a good way to get that. And of course if yer serious about this you can also try selling stuff closer tohome etc and get exposition room I suppose n_n

Yeah, I looked into getting a prints account, but it's just not worth it. They charge you quite a bit for each print you sell, so you will barely make any kind of real money.

But because I need money, I've recently started taking commissions. I now do canvas paintings of people's pets and stuff. Actually just starting with taking commissions from my family (working on my first one now), but maybe afterwards I'll move on and take commissions from other people as well. =3

But yeah, DA is nice to get some comments and criticism; that is, if you get enough pageviews. Since I'm not really that active on there, I barely get any pageviews and the like. So if you want people to see your stuff, go around and comment on their stuff as well. =3

Guest Ray Falling
Yeah, I looked into getting a prints account, but it's just not worth it. They charge you quite a bit for each print you sell, so you will barely make any kind of real money.

But because I need money, I've recently started taking commissions. I now do canvas paintings of people's pets and stuff. Actually just starting with taking commissions from my family (working on my first one now), but maybe afterwards I'll move on and take commissions from other people as well. =3

But yeah, DA is nice to get some comments and criticism; that is, if you get enough pageviews. Since I'm not really that active on there, I barely get any pageviews and the like. So if you want people to see your stuff, go around and comment on their stuff as well. =3

Exactly. I had a subscription at one point, but then you only get 10% and I think thats just wrong. But with yer own account you get 50% which still isnt alot.

But yeah you could just do commission I suppoes. Only thats usually for painters and people who draw really well. I just take pictures of the sky really, cant really charge alot for that (though my pictures are very unique)

So yeah, plus its very complicated to get a prints account for a guy like me so I dunno..I'll just wait and see n_n

I have an account but its mainly to keep tabs on great artists. I made some wallpapers but 2 of them were banned due to some legal mumbo jumbo. Meh. I may post something eventually but I doubt it, since I dont have a scanner nor time to do anything.http://h3llfire.deviantart.com/

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Ray Falling
ok whatever. this page demeans us both

Okay I have to ask now. Who are you and what the hell is all this? There are now so many people with paper in their name and its starting to freak me out. I get the feeling that you're tracking down just about everything I type on this site and you don't ever seem to comment on topic, on any topic really. All you do is make really weird comments and to be honest I dont like that at all.

Please be serious. And stop stalking me. Please. You didnt have to post on this topic at all, yet you did, and it didnt make sense...it has to make sense...please stop it.

--Ray

Okay I have to ask now. Who are you and what the hell is all this? There are now so many people with paper in their name and its starting to freak me out. I get the feeling that you're tracking down just about everything I type on this site and you don't ever seem to comment on topic, on any topic really. All you do is make really weird comments and to be honest I dont like that at all.

Please be serious. And stop stalking me. Please. You didnt have to post on this topic at all, yet you did, and it didnt make sense...it has to make sense...please stop it.

--Ray

i guess my login name thing started it. it was meant to be like the original paper wario - while i can't take responsibility for the other 'papers' i'm sure they'll all get bored eventually. you're all copiers, you copiers.

Well thanks Ray you finally got me motivated to join, i've had tons of people telling me to do so prior but i just couldn't be agged, some of the photos you took are amazing and i'd like to ask you for permission to use them as resource material for the comic i'm working i'll be more then happy to give you full credit for inspiring me, and i have no intention of fully ripping them off, just draw them in anime form sort of. Anyway i'll leave you a comment once i get my page rolling and get to grips with it, it's been a long time coming this has. My page is...um let me find the link...http://www.sano87.deviantart.com

Guest Ray Falling
Well thanks Ray you finally got me motivated to join, i've had tons of people telling me to do so prior but i just couldn't be agged, some of the photos you took are amazing and i'd like to ask you for permission to use them as resource material for the comic i'm working i'll be more then happy to give you full credit for inspiring me, and i have no intention of fully ripping them off, just draw them in anime form sort of. Anyway i'll leave you a comment once i get my page rolling and get to grips with it, it's been a long time coming this has. My page is...um let me find the link...http://www.sano87.deviantart.com

I'm very glad you decided to join. I first heard about it on the old CE forums but uopn seeing some peoples stuff i thought WHAT THE CRAP IS THIS SITE????

But then later I joined anyway and it was the best thing I ever did. n_n

Anyway, I shall check and see what you got so far soon. And thanks for taking interest in my work. I would appreciate if you send me a note on deviantart first on which pictures you want to use. I'll then look into it and see if I agree with yer choices or not. ( that may sound stupid, but some pictures have alot of personal value to me, plus i have to be carefull with the whole "art-stealing" deal ) Though as you say, you wont copy them or use the actual work so i guess thats cool.

I'll await yer reply. Thaks for letting us know n_n

--Ray