Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 05/06

Eddage

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, as things stand, it looks like Sol is going to take Rio's plce in the starting line up. If we win about Sven they will be saying Sven is finally taking note and is now willing to drop players based on club form.

Or

If we lose it will be more evidence of Eriksson's indecisiveness

:/

This is what I hate about the press. They take credit for every idea sven has that works. Yet they had been calling for England to play 4-5-1 for months because Chelsea use it and win. So Sven finaly gives in and plays it against Northern Ireland and...... the result is the same journalists calling for Svens head because he was tactically wrong.

Benitez is a great European manager, but he can't adapt to the English style and his buying policy is a little, how can I put it, hilarious. And I have seen Garcia play many many many times and hes average, extremely inconsistent, he has the ability to do some amazing things but we see that very rarely - you are the first Liverpool fan I know that actually rates him. How often do you go to the matches!?!

ANyways, easy win today for England - Defoe to start!! :)

The Defoe to start is a different sentance, put a - instead of a .

Did I get out of that well!?!

Nope, I'm bloody confused. :(

Although if you meant that Defoe is not starting and Crouch is instead then you're probably right. But I don't think that's what you were chatting about

Beckham got sent off aswell.

He shouldn't have done though, was pretty harsh in comparison to what other players sometimes got away with. I feel really sorry for Beckham, his kid's in hospital ill and Romeo said he's be glued to the screen wathcing his Dad play. And Beckham said he'd win the match for him. : /

England should've had an extra penalty too.

He shouldn't have done though, was pretty harsh in comparison to what other players sometimes got away with. I feel really sorry for Beckham, his kid's in hospital ill and Romeo said he's be glued to the screen wathcing his Dad play. And Beckham said he'd win the match for him. : /

England should've had an extra penalty too.

I totally agree with you

Beckham hasn't been playing well for quite a while now, I think it's a good thing he's not playing against Poland.

Even so, here's how I think Sven will have them line up for Poland now:

Robinson, Young, Ferdinand, Terry, Carragher, J.Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Richardson, Rooney, Owen.

I think I'd throw Shaun Wright-Phillips in there, for Richardson.

I think the problem for Beckham is that he can't go past people, yes he's got a great pass but so have Gerrard and Lampard! Plus the wing-men who'll now get a chance can go past people!

I wouldn't say he's a great captain either, go for Gerrard or Terry, 2 captains who have shown at club level they're great leaders!

I jut hope we see more positive play and enthusiasm!

Guest DS MaNiAc

Why the hell is Jenas in the team? He is crap! Especially with player on great form like Parker and Murphy. Stupid Sven.

Beckham hasn't been playing well for quite a while now.

I disagree with that. I think Beckham is one of the few England players who has preformed well recently. Rooney, too, surprisingly. The rest need a good kick up the arse, with Sven.

In other news, England qualify for the World Cup, no matter what happens on Wednesday.

Beckham has been playing well, hes been Madrids best player and hes done the job for England in what has been some crap performances. People who say Beckham is crap is not only going on his form a couple of seasons ago but also following the popular herd (edorsed by tabloid media) by saying it all the time without objectively looking at his performances!!

And England ALWAYS do crap against poor sides. We'll be awesome when it matters.

Well Scotland continued to suck, but don't go blaming the media darling Walter Smith for it, it's all because of that bad bad German Berti Vogts, don't ya know. Whats that? This was only Belarus' second competitive victory away from home ever, and only Scotlands 3rd home loss in WC qualifiers in 40 years. Meh, lets still blame Berti!

I agree with Hank Scorpio, I can't recall bonny Scotland winning a game under Vogts. I want Scotland to do well and I would love to see them in the WC again just like France '98. Oh well, maybe next time.

Well i was actually being sarcastic, but not to worry. Not that i think Vogts was particularily good, but the Scottish press seem to think that the sun eminates from somewhere in Walter Smiths rectum.

As for winning games under vogts, there was that 1-0 home win against holland. However, the second leg 6-0 defeat kinda over shadowed that.

We played much better than we have done for a while which was good to see, I still say I'd have wright-phillips instead of beckham, he was lively all night and won us about 90% of our corners, he only lacked on the final pass tonight which he usually doesn't but you could see him worrying defenders which is good!

Ledley King played really well in the holding role too and it was a great goal by Super Frank that sealed the win!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!