NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stealthttd

Rts games

were is are rts games?....omg starcraft is the best game ever ever..MIO and when i saw the wiimote for the frist time i was like that could work really good...but no...no nothing not c&c nothing...it would be perfect to start up nintendos online to... starcraft would be just playable 56k with 8 players...now with cable being more popular...how cool would it be to have a 20 player war...they could even leave the grapics the same cause they were good enough for me.....and not just starcraft that is just what i would like but it baffels me why no company has thought to make a rts yet...really it seemed like a duh move to me

were is are rts games?....omg starcraft is the best game ever ever..MIO and when i saw the wiimote for the frist time i was like that could work really good...but no...no nothing not c&c nothing...it would be perfect to start up nintendos online to... starcraft would be just playable 56k with 8 players...now with cable being more popular...how cool would it be to have a 20 player war...they could even leave the grapics the same cause they were good enough for me.....and not just starcraft that is just what i would like but it baffels me why no company has thought to make a rts yet...really it seemed like a duh move to me

I absolutely love RTS games, and it would make my day to see either classic C&C or the new one on the Wii.

Just have some patience, I'm sure there will be a (good) RTS for the Wii some time (Batallion Wars might be the first?). It was the same with the DS, we had to wait a long time but then we finally got some RTS games. Both systems are (somewhat ;) ) perfect for this genre :)

Well there havent been ANY RTS games in a while, appart from C&C3 which is a high graphics game so...

The thing is that so far mainly PC devs have experience in the RTS genre because until the Wii came along, playing RTS on a console was quite complicated due to the controls.

I think the main problem is that many devs don't want to take the risk of a Wii exclusive RTS and co-developing it for Wii and another platform/PC could be quite a lot of work. The PC is DirectX the Wii isn't and then the graphics also had to be downgraded.

Why no CnC or Starcraft? Starcraft would only sell with the hardcore fans, it's too old for the mass market and most hardcore fans will prefer it on PC I guess.

Then CnC was quite an easy port I guess because the X-360 and PC are similar in architecture.

RTS would work so well the Wii, there has always been a problem with them being converted to consoles owing to the controls not mapping greatly to conventional controllers, but of course the invention of the wiimote these problems are quashed....

I do however think RTS are kinda dying out a bit, one of those genres seemingly getting lost much like the point and click adventure which used to be all the craze are now much less so...

Why no CnC or Starcraft? Starcraft would only sell with the hardcore fans, it's too old for the mass market and most hardcore fans will prefer it on PC I guess.

Then CnC was quite an easy port I guess because the X-360 and PC are similar in architecture.

Starcraft would easyily sell a million if they just made the multiplayer bigger maybe added 2 new races....people still play it like 10 years later...they just should make starcraft 2...infact i think all blizzard games should come to wii... but i can only dream..wow would work great on wii to with voice chat :-P never going to happen tho.

Starcraft would easyily sell a million if they just made the multiplayer bigger maybe added 2 new races....people still play it like 10 years later...they just should make starcraft 2...infact i think all blizzard games should come to wii... but i can only dream..wow would work great on wii to with voice chat :-P never going to happen tho.

I recently read in a german games magazine that it seems like Blizzard is working on Starcraft 2 and that it will have a least another race. I think it was called Kerrigans.

So could be that they'll port that.

According to CVG the next Starcraft will follow in the footsteps of WoW...

I really want a few decent RTS on the Wii aswell. I would even be happy with a Battle for Middle Earth port from EA.

The main problem for RTS on the Wii is the resolution - so developer have to come up with a game idea where less units are needed. Like Fire Emblem but in real time so you have a good overlook on the screen about your army/party/whatever.

C&CWii (See what i did there?)

It makes sence, throw in online mutliplayer, sure seller.

C&CWii (See what i did there?)

It makes sence, throw in online mutliplayer, sure seller.

Thats good but what about C&C Thrwii, nah on second thoughts yours sounds a lot better.

*hangs head in shame for the lame attempt*

According to CVG the next Starcraft will follow in the footsteps of WoW...

I really want a few decent RTS on the Wii aswell. I would even be happy with a Battle for Middle Earth port from EA.

The main problem for RTS on the Wii is the resolution - so developer have to come up with a game idea where less units are needed. Like Fire Emblem but in real time so you have a good overlook on the screen about your army/party/whatever.

I dont think resolution is as big as a problem as that...they did starcraft on n64 right

No, resolution wouldn't be that a problem. The much bigger problem is the limited RAM (at least that could be a problem - not necessarily but it during development you probably have to deal with this). RTS-Games really need much RAM (ok starcraft not that much and Warcraft III also not but those are older games, but newer games really need much RAM - many units with many polygons :) )...

The XBox360 after all has 512MB RAM... I don't know if they could port the same game (C&C3) that easily even to the PS3 because the PS3 only has - at least from what I know - 256MB RAM (which is of course much less)...

they also did C&C on the N64 wich i played to death.. I love RTS games.. the game played fine once you got used to the controls

they also did C&C on the N64 wich i played to death.. I love RTS games.. the game played fine once you got used to the controls

I loved C&C on the N64, was the first time C&C went 3D, they did a lot to that game for the N64 version and I thought it worked really really well.

I think the pointer function of the Wii-mote is ideal for RTS games.

off topic, a new Starcraft would make fans go wild, but whatever happened to Starcraft: GHOST?

blizzard is more than likely still working on ghost...I think i read somewere that they decided to move it to next gen cause it was so close to the end of last gens life cycle..Blizzard is a great developer and dosnt put out much of anything that isnt great..down side games take a while to make...plus im sure they are happy ranking in the money they get from wow right now..

Dude, slow down!

Yeah, online RTS would whupp ass. The problem is that the WII can't handle HD. Can anyone remember C&C64? It got bad reviews because the low resolution made it hard to differ different kinds of troops from each other...

Just have some patience, I'm sure there will be a (good) RTS for the Wii some time (Batallion Wars might be the first?). It was the same with the DS, we had to wait a long time but then we finally got some RTS games. Both systems are (somewhat ;) ) perfect for this genre :)

like what?

like what?

Yeah I'd be interested to know...because even Age Of Empires one of the defining RTS on the PC, went turn based on the DS. The only one that springs to mind is Final Fantasy: Revenant Wings and thats only not even out here yet.

oh cmon thats not an rts. An rts to me is CandC, the true sge of empires.

i think the only one is that crap shogun game in japan?

oh cmon thats not an rts. An rts to me is CandC, the true sge of empires.

i think the only one is that crap shogun game in japan?

I get what your saying for me it is age of empires etc...that have huge armies against one another...but the likes of FF:RW would still be considered as rts

Well - If you are exactly: You can't consider the turn-based Age of Empires for the DS as RTS because RTS stands for Real-Time-Strategy... If it is turned based it is not realtime... So it is just a Strategy-Game...

Don't know how FF:RW is like but if it is real-time and a strategy game it is a RTS. A RTS doesn't have to have loads of units...

I'm not too keen on console RTSes because it's a PC genre; it'll always be superior on PC. Even the Wiimote just doesn't offer the same pixel perfect accuracy as a mouse and the resolution will make the level of detail in the game look pretty daft.

Well - If you are exactly: You can't consider the turn-based Age of Empires for the DS as RTS because RTS stands for Real-Time-Strategy... If it is turned based it is not realtime... So it is just a Strategy-Game...

Don't know how FF:RW is like but if it is real-time and a strategy game it is a RTS. A RTS doesn't have to have loads of units...

i wasn't saying I considered Age of Empires DS as a RTS, I was asking what RTS there were on the DS which Yoochem said had started to appear, and was using AoE as an example of a real time franchise that no longer was on the DS.

Dude, slow down!

Yeah, online RTS would whupp ass. The problem is that the WII can't handle HD. Can anyone remember C&C64? It got bad reviews because the low resolution made it hard to differ different kinds of troops from each other...

it can be done...pikmin didnt have high rez and u still could tell the diffence then when u had a bunch on screen...and i could so tell the differnce in c&c64 it wasnt as good as pc but it was good enough

Sign in to follow this