Odin Sphere! So nice looking!

odinlogo.jpg

Title: Odin Sphere

Genre: Action RPG

Platform: PS2

Release date: May 22, 2007

Developer: Vanillaware

Publisher: Atlus Japan

Odin Sphere is a 2.5D fantasy action RPG video game exclusive to the Sony PlayStation 2, featuring five different playable characters.

Background story

The nations of Erion had always held an uneasy peace, as the various kings and queens watched each other for any signs of weakness. When the country of Valentine is obliterated by the power of an ancient artifact, it sparks a bloody war between the fairies of Ringford and the warriors of Ragnanival. Little do they know that they are acting out an almost-forgotten prophecy: one that, if fulfilled, will lead to the destruction of the entire world. Take control of the warrior princess Gwendolyn, daughter of Odin, and follow the threads of an intricately woven story as you uncover the truth behind the prophecy – and how to bring it to an end.

Game features

Fully-voiced with a bilingual option: English or Japanese voices

Over 40 hours of gameplay

Hand-drawn artwork and animations

Cooking and alchemy system that can be used to create attack and recovery items

Game Cover B000IONGU4.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V24753719_.jpg

USA Magazine Front Cover :

my.php?image=4718507169f1a38eb7abkc2.jpg

Game Trailer:

Random Game Screenshots!

ME0000821328_2.jpg

h-104_70140_o05.jpg.jpg

ME0000821326_2.jpg

big10.jpg

big05.jpg

big02.jpg

big06.jpg

big09.jpg

thats quite possibly the most pleasant looking graphics ever in a videogame.

It looks even nicer in motion.

This is why i wish more games were 2D.

Wow. That's better looking than most upcoming current-gen games. Just awesome. I wish it was in HD. That's just beautiful.

Famitsu gave it a review score of 9,9,7,7 = 32/40

These are the main points for the scoring...

- Difficulty is high, but the controls are relatively simple but very intuitive and work well

- The item creation aspect and how its used in the game is unique, but when there are too many items in your inventory management can be hard

- Great directing with powerful music and voices, there's quite a lot of volume in the game

- Lots of loading

- Lots of stages look the same

- In some of the boss fights there appears to be slowdown

I often have discussion with friends on why games aren't more like this one. 2D games can expand so much with this kind of graphical improvement.

I can't freaking wait. Is it coming out in EU?

This is one of my most expected titles right now.

Edit: Got the game now freaking awesome!

So, did anyone on here get this? I was going to pick it up as my US PS2 is gathering dust at the moment but alot of people on Gamefaqs claim that the game suffers from some heavy slowdown. Is this true?

So, did anyone on here get this? I was going to pick it up as my US PS2 is gathering dust at the moment but alot of people on Gamefaqs claim that the game suffers from some heavy slowdown. Is this true?

No slowdown at all, it's just breaks like in Zelda, those breaks when you hit an enemy, but some times you hit too many and some people think it's a slowdown.

Yeah on the 1up Show they mentioned the slowdown and it was visible on the some of the videos but it just looks so gorgeous, god I've never wanted a PS2 so much!

Is this coming to Europe? Looks absolutely stunning!

Not likely.

it seems keeping my ps2 was justified, that along with ffXII and god of war. the ps2 is at its best in its dieing moments.

The graphics are great, so is the story, but the battle system is broken in my opinion. I enjoy difficulty, but it wasn't any fun being owned because of slow down in quite a few boss battles, fighting the same enemies over and over, going throught the same chapter with almost every character(and the stage itelf repeats itself over and over) and having to constantly managing my inventory every three seconds. I quit playing it 4/5 in the game, because I got too frustrated after having beaten by a boss dozen times or so, and my memory cards seem to reformat more often lately, and I'm sick and tired of losing my precious saves. It's an okay game, buy it if you have desperate need for 2D games(there really aren't any other reason to buy it), but I suggest you buy Radiata Stories or Tales of the Abyss if you want a real-time action RPG.

Sign in to follow this