NEurope
Slaggis

Sleep Deprevation

For me to have enough time in the morning to get ready I get up at 6.20. I can't go to bed at 9.20. I wouldn't even get to sleep. I usually go to bed at around 11.

I sleep 11.15 - 7.15 and I'm always fecking knackered. I just can't go to bed earlier, no matter how much I plan to.

I get about 6-7 on a school night, but this gradually gets less as the term goes on. I sleep for variable amounts of time at the weekend, but always for loanger than on a school night.

I'm a stickler for my 8 hours minimum a night. Though working nights has severely ruined that. I'll go to bed after posting this, wake up around noon and feel like shit for the rest of the day.

So my word of warning to you young whipper snappers still in school, is go to bed early and enjoy a good nights sleep while you can. Because soon enough you'll start feeling it when you're living on 4 or 5 hours a night, its not good or healthy.

None of you sleep! :D I sleep 10pm-7am on weekdays. Weekends 3am-11am... Why do I still have dark circles under my eyes... and am always tired... wHaT? lol i go to bed real early on weekdays

None of you sleep! :D I sleep 10pm-7am on weekdays. Weekends 3am-11am... Why do I still have dark circles under my eyes... and am always tired... wHaT? lol i go to bed real early on weekdays

What's annoying me recently is I think I get enough sleep but still have the dark circles slightly. Probably 6 or 7 on weekdays and about 7 or 8 at weekends. Like today I got 8 but still feel tired. For some reason recently i've found it hard to sleep in, my brain is obsessed with waking me up early.

When I started Uni I looked quite unhealthy, I didn't sleep much and I had sunken in dark holes for eyes. Since coming here though, and being so much more active, going out with friends a lot and being at Uni, and also starting working out - I get tired much easier and tend to sleep better.

Thing is though, I always wake up between 6 and 9am. Usually 6-7. No matter when I go to sleep, I've always been this way. So if I'm tired enough to sleep at 11, I'll get a good night's sleep. But if I don't go to sleep until 3-4, the chance of getting the right amount of hours in is somewhat reduced...

Dark circles can be caused by disturbed sleep can't they? Like sleeping earlier on weekdays, then later on weekends. Your knocking out your body clock, and that's its way of screaming at you.

Ditto Shorty, even when i get the chance to lie in! I used to be a hell of a lot worse as a child, i was up at 3am just about every day :D

Ive noticed my mum can fall asleep at 9:30 infront of the tv. I can stay awake till 3am most. But my usual weeknight is 12pm sleep till i have to get up at 8:30 latest. I really really feel shitty in the mornings, I really dont think i get enough sleep, but i cannot even feel sleepy till 11pm. At weekends I can stay asleep till midday even if I go to bed at 11pm. Maybe I need 13 hours sleep. I remember something about overwieght people being exhausted all the time and needing loads of sleep. Im no clincal obese, but maybe thats the answer.

Dark circles can be caused by disturbed sleep can't they? Like sleeping earlier on weekdays, then later on weekends. Your knocking out your body clock, and that's its way of screaming at you.

Ditto Shorty, even when i get the chance to lie in! I used to be a hell of a lot worse as a child, i was up at 3am just about every day :D

Hmm didn't know that. That is exactly what I do, might have to try sleeping the same time on weekends as week days next week.

I have not slept for 4 years and it has not done me any harm.

*rocks slowly back and forth shaking in the corner mumbling to himself*

During the week i go to bed around ten but on the weekends i go to bed, not when i'm tired(that never happens) but when i feel i should for the safety of my health and sanity .The problem is whatever time i go to bed i always end up waking up at 5 or 6 in the morning so i could get the right amount of sleep or a very minimal amount.

I work shifts so my sleep pattern is fucked.

When im on earlies I get about 3 - 4 hours sleep.

When on lates I get about 7 hours sleep

When on nights I get about 6 hours sleep (during the day)

When im off I can sleep for like 9 hours easily.

I go to sleep between 10:30 and 11:30 weekdays. Usually anyway, unless I'm drinking. Then I wake up at half 06:30 cuz I have to get uniform on, shave, make bed, eat and be ready for inspection on the the other side of the base for 07:20. It's a pain in the arse but I seem to be less of an insomniac these days. Unless I'm upset/obsessing about something. Unfortunately I have lately.

I've had sleep dep many times. Well those long speedy weekends, where you don't sleep for about 60 hours can bring on the elephant hallucinations. And some tree's have very strange hair...