NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
|Laguna|

NGC #113

Got my NGC issue 113 through the post today. Cover art is Battalion Wars.

NIce big section on the Revo controller.

Lost in Blue Dual = 3/5 Touch =4/5 Overall Score on how good the game is = 4/5

Kirby PP, Dual 4/5 Touch 5/5 Overall Score on how good the game is 5/5

Bubble Bobble Revolution, Dual 0/5 Touch 0/5 Overall Score on how good the game is 1/5

GBA

Mario Tennis Power Tour 4/5

Gunstar Heroes 5/5

DK County 3 3/5

Dr Mario & Puzzle League 3/5

Dynasty Warrior 3/5

Gamecube

Battlaion Wars 90%

Pokemon Gale Of Darkness 86%

Mario Football 69%

Ultimate Spiderman 70%

Sims 2 68%

Mario Baseball 80%

DDR Mario 77%

Lego Star Wars 80%

Marvel Rise of the imperfects 30%

X-Men Legends 2 80%

Ultimate Spiderman guide

An a feature on Shigy's big mouth. E.g. stuff he's said about games he was going to/will make.

No bloddy Mario Kart DS review which they promised last issue :mad:

No bloddy Mario Kart DS review which they promised last issue :mad:

But the same happened with NOM. This was due to the fact that the release date slipped back by two weeks.

NGC's ds rating never make any sense eg

Advance Wars Dual 3/5 Touch 2/5 Overall 5

Goldeneye Dual 3/5 Touch 3/5 Overall 3

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

NGC's ds rating never make any sense eg

Advance Wars Dual 3/5 Touch 2/5 Overall 5

Goldeneye Dual 3/5 Touch 3/5 Overall 3

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Heh, they are just simply noting how well it takes use of the overall DS' capabilities. The final score you give a game isn't how well it uses the features is it? It's how fun and enjoyable the game is. Super Mario 64 DS doesn't use the touch/dual very well but it is still a good game.

Sorry if I made this unclear in my post but the overall score is how good the game is, the others are just an indication of how well it uses available features.

I fixed my first post to help prevent further confusion :)

Laguna can you tell me what they said about Mario strikers as I was looking forward to that. Nice to see the Gunstar Heroes update scored well methinks I will pick it up at some point.

Laguna can you tell me what they said about Mario strikers as I was looking forward to that.

i quote "So what we've got is Sega Soccer Slan with some Nintendo characters and power-ups hastily thrown in. This is simply not good enough"

One of their big gripes is how you can score 2 goals by scoring with a super power up move goal. Also the fact that there is one only normal character on each team and the rest of the ream is made up of either Toads, Hammer Bros, Koopas, or Birdos.

Seems to be lacking imagination, for example no specific Mario pitches like in Tennis or Baseball.

Also when you win the Bowser cup you get to play against the Super Bowser Team... all it's made up of is robots. :/

Also can be jerky.

"A decent 5 a side game, but it lacks the attention to detail we've come to expect from mario sports games"

On Gunstar Heroes they say "is in a class of its own. Buy it. Love it. And thank Treasure that somebody still knows how to make old-school seem like the freshest thing on Earth.

I'm still getting Mario Football, even though it's got pretty bad scores....

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I will still be getting Mario Strikers as I love Sega Soccer Slam and with Mario and co added its right up my alley.

How irritating that there's no Mario Kart review! I still don't know why they've delayed it over here. Very annoying.

Laguna i guess you have a subscription, so is worth it?, as all my other subs i got bored off before the year is up. And is it always Gamecubes games they give away? as i've not got a cube, though i have a DS and a GBA, and thinking about a revo.

Laguna you forgot to mention the mario poster you get free.

On one side it says ghappy 20th birthday mario and has some pics of him and on the otherside is a shot from his first mario game.

How irritating that there's no Mario Kart review! I still don't know why they've delayed it over here. Very annoying.

I have an idea why. I think it's so that Europe doesn't upstage the rest of the world. If we had gotten the game on the 11th of November it would have been before any other territory - territories that might not take kindly to Europe being the first to go online with their DS's (quite a historic event). They've knocked it back a couple of weeks to keep other territories (especially America) happy in my opinion. We're now the last to get it! :mad:

or alternativly a clue as to why it has been knocked back is that only recently have they revealed alot of its features implying it wasnt ready

Laguna i guess you have a subscription, so is worth it?, as all my other subs i got bored off before the year is up. And is it always Gamecubes games they give away? as i've not got a cube, though i have a DS and a GBA, and thinking about a revo.

Maybe not at the price Future Publishing ask for a subscription but at the iSusbscribe price most definetly.

24 Months 26 Issues Cost £37.14 You save £66.60

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

http://www.isubscribe.co.uk/title_info.cfm

WTF? it's less than a pound more for double, probably going to get this as an early christmas prezzie :)

or alternativly a clue as to why it has been knocked back is that only recently have they revealed alot of its features implying it wasnt ready

If that were the reason I think the game would be delayed in all territories and not just Europe.

Is that legal? Oh well, i used to subscribe to ngc, though i never got round to renewing it. :(

Sign in to follow this