NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

Alan Ball 1945-2007

Guys, stop the hating.

Either respect the guy, or just don't bother posting in this thread.

This news really doesn't affect me in any way . . . carry on.

Then why post?

I've deleted most of the shitty comments. Death may be a reality but its a reality that probably enduces the fiercest amount of emotions, so why try antagonise those who are hurt?

This death didn't really affect me and I was planning on staying out of this thread until shitcocks decided to try piss people off. Think before you type.

R.I.P

So you thought you'd tell us? After all the trouble in this thread? Cock face.

Because its still a discussion and at the end of the day we live in a 'free' society whereby we should be able to say anything (obviously that never exists in full, theres always going to be a little * afterwards). Nobody was saying he deserved to die or it isn't sad for some people but you can't expect everyone to be saddened by a death, especially if they didn't know who ti was. This is a topic about Alan Ball, and the fact there is another famous one with the same name is still relevant. Same as when people reply to threads saying "I don't like this game/film/whatever" telling someone to kill themselves is a wee bit overdramatic.

Now lets all drop it. (and if you feel the need to make comment upon what I said feel free to PM me, but lets try and get this back onto the intended topic)

;427933]Because its still a discussion and at the end of the day we live in a 'free' society whereby we should be able to say anything (obviously that never exists in full' date=' theres always going to be a little * afterwards). Nobody was saying he deserved to die or it isn't sad for some people but you can't expect everyone to be saddened by a death, especially if they didn't know who ti was. This is a topic about Alan Ball, and the fact there is another famous one with the same name is still relevant. Same as when people reply to threads saying "I don't like this game/film/whatever" telling someone to kill themselves is a wee bit overdramatic.

Now lets all drop it. (and if you feel the need to make comment upon what I said feel free to PM me, but lets try and get this back onto the intended topic)[/quote']

You should all read this post. Over and over.

(Nice one, ashley.)

;427933]Because its still a discussion and at the end of the day we live in a 'free' society whereby we should be able to say anything (obviously that never exists in full' date=' theres always going to be a little * afterwards). Nobody was saying he deserved to die or it isn't sad for some people but you can't expect everyone to be saddened by a death, especially if they didn't know who ti was. This is a topic about Alan Ball, and the fact there is another famous one with the same name is still relevant. Same as when people reply to threads saying "I don't like this game/film/whatever" telling someone to kill themselves is a wee bit overdramatic.

Now lets all drop it. (and if you feel the need to make comment upon what I said feel free to PM me, but lets try and get this back onto the intended topic)[/quote']

Bullshit from top to bottom

If you thought it was about someone else, leave the topic and do not return...

Face it, you and him wanted a little trouble, be provocative, and you got it...

Bullshit from top to bottom

If you thought it was about someone else, leave the topic and do not return...

Face it, you and him wanted a little trouble, be provocative, and you got it...

Why do you think I want trouble? I spend half my free time clearing up after everyone else's trouble. It is yourself that has started ranting and the only reason I made that reply was because I didn't want you making it seem as if im some heartless bastard who celebrates death. Was there anything intentionally vindictive in what I said? (You may have read it different but read it thoroughly). No. Was there something intentionally vindictive in what you said? Very much so. As I said, this whole discourse really needs to die, but if you so wish to carry it on do so in PM.

Let's Shhhhh now....

Anyway...All English League games will hold a minutes applause in memory of the great Alan Ball now...

I prefer a minute's applause to a minute's silence, although the silence shows that they are remembering the dear departed, the applause shows the appreciation that everybdy has for them. Perhaps all dead footballers should be honoured with a minute's applause whilst non-footballers should get a minute's silence.

I prefer a minute's applause to a minute's silence, although the silence shows that they are remembering the dear departed, the applause shows the appreciation that everybdy has for them. Perhaps all dead footballers should be honoured with a minute's applause whilst non-footballers should get a minute's silence.

I think applause is more suited when remembering any kind of athlete/entertainer to be honest...whilst the likes of war memorials, soldiers deaths, politicians etc... are more suited to the minutes silence.

Its amazing how the youngest of the 1966 England squad was only the second to die! Did he die putting out a fire or something?! And im not flaming here but i also agree that some comments have been very disrespectful, imagine if (unlikely) one of Alan Ball's relatives read that you didnt care for his passing! He got Stoke City relagated but im not knocking him, he seemed a lovely guy.

Just watched Football Focus, got shivers down my spine during their tribute, what a legend...

Great loss to the world of football.

I was at the Chelsea vs. Bolton match earlier today so got to pay my respects by joining in with the minute long applause - much more fitting than a minute silence in my opinion!

Sign in to follow this