NEurope
Retro_Link

Pro Evo 7 Wii?

ttp://www.cubed3.com/news/7386/1/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_7_on_Wii

Nintendo Speculation | Pro Evolution Soccer 7 on Wii

Quick News - Apparently the latest issue of French magazine 'Jeux Vidéo' has news of Pro Evolution Soccer 7 coming to Wii alongside the PS3 and Xbox 360 editions at the end of this year, most likely to coincide with the new Premiership season.

If it's true, would this be the first football game on Wii (other than Mario Strikers), has Fifa or any other been confirmed?

Would be great to see what they can do with the controls,

Wii-mote and Nunchuck Throws Ins?!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't fuck with the controls. Classic Controller.

nah, I say use the wiimote and nunchuk by all means include classic controller controls, but atleast try and do something new and innovative...

To quote myself from another thread, I'd quite like controls something like this...

Nunchuk setup:

Analogue stick - Player movement

Nunchuk movement - Shoulder barge

C Button - Button modifier (like L1 on the PS Pro Evo games)

Z Button - Sprint

A Button - Pass/Standing tackle (off the ball)

B Button - Shoot/Sliding tackle (off the ball)

D Pad Down - Through ball/Pressurize (off the ball)

D Pad Left/Right - Chip/Lob

Maybe even the Pointer (just a little thought) - Off the ball movement. The pointer could be used to highlight an off the ball player by pointing at him and holding C, you could then move the selected player independantly to the player you're controlling with the analogue stick, by "dragging" him with the pointer while holding C

..please please please please please! I would love Pro Evo 7 on the Wii with online mode and different control methods (either Classic or Remote + Nunchuk)

I kinda like the idea with the throw-ins but I would be very interested to see how the rest of the game would work with those controls. I want I want I want :heh:

EDIT: I don't really like the idea of using the D-Pad for lobbing and through balls.. I don;t think it would be the easiest thing to pull off in the heat of play. My idea would be to gesture with the Remote- like swing right in a 'telling your forward to make a run' sort of way and pressing A. To chip keeper you could gesture in an upward motion as you press B to shoot..?

...To chip keeper you could gesture in an upward motion as you press B to shoot..?

I like this idea I must say!

..thank you.. I just thought of it :heh: ..I think the gestures could work well for the through-balls aswell.. I'm thinking about it, and I'm moving my hands around and I think it would feel good : peace:

..and let me know what you think about this.. you know for corners kicks, some players raise an arm or both arms to let the other players know how it is going to be delivered? Perhaps you could raise either the remote, the nunchuk or both in order to make you players change their positions in the box before you cross it in..

I just love all the possibilites the Remote/ Nunchuks offers. If it is traditional controls, you basically know what you're gonna get. But with the Wii controls, there are many different possibilites and you just don;t know what it is gonna be like. It's exciting :hehe:

I think combining your idea into the control setup I suggested would suit me fine!

This would also free up the Dpad for on the field tactical changes...?

yeh.. I was thinking exactly the same thing. I wonder how skill moves could work. They aren't something I have every really used in Pro Evo in the past, but I'm sure they would be put into the game in some from..hmm..

This would also free up the Dpad for on the field tactical changes...?

It's funny you should say that, me and nando were just talking about it on MSN and I said exact same thing, how the D-pad could be for on the fly tactical changes..

iss3pic3.jpg

also said myself about how ISS 64 and ISS 98 had a sort of box for penalites abit like this one on ISS 3 for PS2/Cube (couldn't find a decent pic of iss64/98). and how that would work really well for using the pointer. and sneaky players will remember how you could set for one corner and then move to another once you'd pressed shoot.

There are so many gesture based ideas that could be implemented, how about pointing for free kicks and then sweeping the wiimote in a smooth motion to simulate a foot sweeping in to curl the ball over the wall, it would take a lot of practice to perfect it, but then the same can be said for real life free kicks.

I've always thought that gesture based play would be the way forward, I started a thread ages ago before the Wii came out saying I'd love to see it happen, just hope it does...

I thought Pes was exclusive to 360 for now?

They got 12 months exclusive on it which will have expired by the next footie season...

They got 12 months exclusive on it which will have expired by the next footie season...

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

it will happen eventually anyway they cant ignore these wii sales. If it happened on ds it will happen on wii

Single handedly the most OVERRATED gaming series there is. It's a welcome addition if it comes to Wii, but only because it is some how so popular.

^^^^ only some1 who doesnt play football or doesnt passionetly support a team, could make that statement...

pro evo = best sports game ever created

Pro Evo is fukin average man. The only reason people like it is because it's the best football game from a crap bunch. You can only run in 8 directions, every pass, shot and header you make in the game is decided by the cpu whether or not it is successful, the penalties are absolute wank, next to no control over them.

Pro Evo is bullshit, and this is coming from someone who played the series from ISS Pro Evolution on the PS1 up until PES5.

I support Liverpool FC, and I used to play football as a teen. An old friend of mine in high school made it as a pro playing for Tranmere Rovers, and I was miles better than him, so I'd have probably made it as a pro if I bothered to keep playing. Of course I have no proof of this, but it's still true.

I have had some monumental games of Pro Evolution Soccer with friends in the past.. I just love how each match is different and you can stamp your own play style on the game (I have a slow, patient passing game for instance) and every match you play is totally different from the last.

Pro Evo 7 on the Wii with an online league/cup against friends would be immense, especially if the controls rock. Just imagine a league with about 10 people (all having to play each other twice) and then having a cup competition besides with a random draw and everything. I'm crying out for something like this, it would be brilliant!

Fifa is crap, but it is getting slowly better. It's at least making progress unlike PES which is almost identical every year. I don't think there are any good football games, I think they're all average to bad, with PES being the best one our of a poor group.

Better sports games? Links 2004 Xbox, Tiger Woods 2007 Xbox 360, ESPN NFL 2K5 Xbox, Virtua Tennis. Hell, thinking about it, I consider ISS on the N64 to be better than PES. More arcadey for sure, but at least there's some proper control in it.

Tiger Woods 2007 Xbox 360, ESPN NFL 2K5 Xbox, Virtua Tennis

I've gotta agree with this, Pro Evo is the best Football game, but not the best Sports game.

What they should do is take ISS 98, and just adjust some gameplay elements to it to make it a little more realistic. Of course upgrade the graphics and add all of the teams, licences etc..

ISS 98 = the win.

I've gotta agree with this, Pro Evo is the best Football game, but not the best Sports game.

You cut off Links 2004!! That game was awesome!

I hadn't played it so I can't really comment!

I could add plenty others though, just really can't be bothered!