N-Europe

Nintendo Point Out The Blatantly Obvious!

antster1983

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny they didnt make the same statement for the DS.

Personally I think its due to SPM bricking some PAL and NSTCJ consoles.

I reckon, they will start bricking wiis with software updates.. Obviously nintendo dont want to loose their installed base and are warning a prior. They had no way to stop piracy on the ds... (However, i often wondered why they did not implement something in the ds)

Well now I am on the verge of modding my Wii so I can play Super Paper Mario. .

You need to pay attention to this thread ;)

• 1 month later...

Well people have managed to mod the new 'mod-poof' jap Wii's - You've just got to be hardcore about it

20070526_43e8324d5530904d0c1avYturnny2uEm.jpg

:eek:

I presume you don't have to go mental with a soldering iron, just cut the chip cover back a bit with a sharp knife to reveal what's left of the pins and solder as usual.

I presume you don't have to go mental with a soldering iron, just cut the chip cover back a bit with a sharp knife to reveal what's left of the pins and solder as usual.

That is probably most challenging modjob I have ever seen. Target area is so goddamn tiny that it is very easy to botch. :eek:

Hahaha, modding as it is can be a hard job, I can't imagine soldering to a transistor inside that.

It looks like they were trying to solder to the chip's legs and accidentally burned of the housing.

They actually opened the component's housing? This probably has such a low succes ratio that it's too much risk to mod the new Wiis.

makes me proud to be an early adopter of the wii. Hopefully this will stamp out a lot of piracy and make my wii 1.0 worth a lot on ebay like the early firmware psp were for a while

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!