Platty

Happy St. George's Day!

Hello to one and all,

St George's is upon us till dawn

Let us all be filled with pride,

and never let our hearts divide!

Happy St. George's Day

england-flag-st-george-flag-world-cup.gif

Any English doing anything? Me and my mates usually go on a pub crawl to celebrate but due to it being a monday and a lot of us doing shift work its not gonna happen this year but we all still have St George in our hearts to keep us English.

Im annoyed once again at the lack of advertisements and events going on but at least ken livingstone is doing some free little events in London which can be found here: http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/culture/stgeorge.jsp still not enough really. Only the Irish know how to celebrate their saint properly.

More things going on can be found here: http://www.stgeorgesdayevents.org.uk/news_and_events.php

I'm not doing anything, maybe next year.

We should be careful about celebrating today, because the ethnic minorities might get offended if we show our Patriotism. Well, not really, they're not offended by any of this, and if they are, fuck them

What's funny is that I see more English people celebrate St. Patrick's Day than I see celebrating St. George's Day!

What's funny is that I see more English people celebrate St. Patrick's Day than I see celebrating St. George's Day!

Because St. Patrick's Day is more of an excuse for drinking than St. George's Day.

Because St. Patrick's Day is more of an excuse for drinking than St. George's Day.

I dont really agree with you there. I have always used St. George's Day as an excuse to get wasted. :grin: The Irish are just more passionate about the day than most of the English which is a shame.

Happy St. George's Day guys.

Got me cross hanging out of the window, and fireworks for later. We'll be also having a rendition for Elgar and Last Night of the Proms later too :D

Got me cross hanging out of the window, and fireworks for later. We'll be also having a rendition for Elgar and Last Night of the Proms later too :D

Ah...the good 'ol English flag. As seen on almost every house in Wales during the World Cup.

And gripped in the dead, rigid fingers of every bloody body littering the streets of Scotland during the same period.

Until they make it a bank holiday I couldnt care less about some Turkish, Roman Soldier who didnt set foot in this country.

Until they make it a bank holiday I couldnt care less about some Turkish, Roman Soldier who didnt set foot in this country.

But, he does me exceedingly good cakes.

I'm a Welsh man in your country. An Invader! Happy St. George's Day, fellas.

Saint who?

(I'm joking, really brings me down to see the lack of celebrations going on though.)

Happy St Georges! Nice to see the weather is joining in with the celebrations, with some traditional English rain :D

Sign in to follow this