N-Europe

Wii and Soccer Simulation Games

aenaos

Are the Foot Controls possible for Soccer Simulation games for the Wii?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Foot Controls possible for Soccer Simulation games for the Wii?

• No
    • I don't know
    • Yes

I was searching the forum to find some info about the upcoming football simulation games for the Wii and found this old article from the period we called the Wii revolution..

"There’s apparently more in store than an innovative controller. An anonymous tipster buzzed the red Kotaku phone, dishing about an interesting Revolution peripheral that uses gamer’s feet during play. It’s the standard “I have a friend who is working on 3rd party accessories for the Revolution†so take the tip with a pinch of salt and a swig of Tequila. The email reads:

It’s code named the “Kick Stick†at this point. It is a device placed on the ground in front of your chair. It has two insets to place your feet (apparently it’s adjustable). So from what he told me, when your feet are placed inside the contoured grooves you are able to slide each foot independently within a radius.

He gave the example of a FPS. In one hand you have your analog stick for turning and looking, tethered to that is the revolution controller that is used for aiming/zooming and moving the reticule. The Kick Stick is what you use to actually move. If you wanted to walk forward in the game you would slide your feet slightly forward on the device. To run you would slide your feet further forward. To strafe, one foot is stationary, while the other moves in the direction you wish to strafe.

He said it is designed for when the gamer is seated and will be pitched forward, sorta like a foot massage machine."

Source kotaku.com/gaming/revolution/footbased-revolution-peripheral-154866.php

I would like to ask if anyone has heard something about this product.Was it Fake or True?

I also wonder if there are any posibilities to see in the future a soccer simulation game with Foot Controls for the Wii..I know the Foot Controls sound weird but had heard a rumor that Ea looks on the posibilities to use them..

What do you think guys is these controls possible for a Soccer Simulation game or the developers will choose the clasic controls?

I've always thought it would be awesome to have nunchuk like extensions for feet and head, go online with 21 others, and play a virtual game of footie. Goalies may injure themselves and beanbags are sold seperately.

A terrible game with so many issues, but still awesome.

I don't think that foot controls are a viable option! Control, speed, power, tricks... they just couldn't be done with the technology that is available to us!

I love football and love playing it, so I would like to see this sometime maybe in the future, but for now it would be far too clunky a system to have foot attachments!

Even though I love football, I'm not really a big football game fan, not sure why, as a result I don't know the in's and out's of Pro Evo and the like, only knowledge of the basic controls and that is what I'm basing my control idea below on:

Analogue stick - Player movement

Nunchuk movement - Shoulder barge

C Button - Button modifier (like L1 on the PS Pro Evo games)

Z Button - Sprint

A Button - Pass/Standing tackle (off the ball)

B Button - Shoot/Sliding tackle (off the ball)

D Pad Down - Through ball/Pressurize (off the ball)

D Pad Left/Right - Chip/Lob

Maybe even the Pointer (just a little thought) - Off the ball movement. The pointer could be used to highlight an off the ball player by pointing at him and holding C, you could then move the selected player independantly to the player you're controlling with the analogue stick, by "dragging" him with the pointer while holding C.

This control set-up is not what I think should be used, but just an idea from what I know about football games, hence the lack of extra detail, but for me I think this would work... I dunno!

I said yes but I really said it because the question is "Are they possible?" not "would you like them?" I personally would hate having a wiimote or even a nunchuk strapped to my foot, it would feel horrible, I don't know how to work it short of using the already set buttons, unless you had some extreme peripherals like a touch sensitive football and goal and that way you could put spin on the ball literally and actually shoot at the goal.

A confirmation of Winning Eleven on Wii

I came across a blog post while sifting through various things that states that a video game magazine has confirmed Winning Eleven for the Wii. The problem is that the source is French, so I don’t understand the direct translation of the magazine name. All I know is that this article is supposed to appear on pages 36-and 37, and states that the Wii version will ship alongside the next 360 and PS3 version. Please, follow the link below and see if you can make some sense of this!

UPDATE - Reader Sven says that the info comes from the French magazine Jeux Video. Now we have to track down a copy!

gonintendo.com/?p=16790#comments

yeeeess!!!!

..when was this from though? Months ago, I had got the impression the Winning Eleven was coming to the Wii but since then we haven't heard anything (have we?) amd I remember seeing a list of consoles Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 was coming to (American Name.. right?) and pretty much everything was listed BUT Wii..

I hope you're going to reply with: "This is Today's news and it is 100% confirmed!"

..but will you..