N-Europe

Wii winning back lost gamers

aenaos

Do You know wii owners who have many years to play consoles?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do You know wii owners who have many years to play consoles?

• Yes
    • No

"A survey conducted by Enterbrain shows that the Wii is doing something a lot better than the other consoles…bringing back gamers that have left the scene. 46% of Wii players polled said they hadn’t touched a console in 3 years or more. The Wii is also winning over families. It’s no surprise that the Wii is the number one console for family play, and that the console is most likely to be found in a family/living room rather than a bedroom, or other room in the house."

gonintendo.com/?p=16330

Very interesting..Wii has done it excellent to win back the gamers who havent played consoles for many years..Are you one of them?

My friend hasn't owned a console since the NES! He's a PC Gamer, he bought a Wii last month after extensive multiplayer sessions on mine!

...my uncle, he's 49, recently purchased a Wii after playing mine a couple months ago... we couldn't get him off Wii Sports!!!

I only ever played other people's consoles in the past. I recently bought a cheap Megadrive, but the Wii will be my first 'current' purchase. I've been more of a computer person myself: Spectrum 128k > Amiga 600 > Amiga 1200 > PC

Very interesting..Wii has done it excellent to win back the gamers who havent played consoles for many years..Are you one of them?

Well, I lost interest in video gaming from mid-2000 till 2005. The Gamecube brought me back when they released the first trailer for Zelda TP, knocked me off my feet.

This poll question is worded in a non sensical way from my point of view, thus I won't answer it.

I think the Wii may have won back lost gamers, then again, maybe it's just pulled in a load of new gamers, as I don't really know many 'lost' gamers, and I imagine any who were would be a bit weary of this strange new system and stick to the kind they know, maybe.

As for the Wii itself, is the fact that it's tomorrow's featured article on wikipedia a sign of how successful it has been, given that it has barely been around for 6 months?

Yeah my family have fallen in love with it, hence I'm not getting to play it as much. Bet Nintendo didn't think of that when they were designing it

you could always set a password using parental controls

(set it so that you need a pass to play the lowest rating of games)

unfortunatly this wont work with the unrated channels