N-Europe

Cheating - The Great N-E Debate

Fierce_LiNk

For me though I wouldn't finish with them just because I couldn't trust them again, but rather that they had wronged me too much. If I attacked my girlfriend then I'm sure that she would finish me.

It's a tricky business, and it really is an awful position to be in, because you feel really split down the middle. You think "ok, I do love this person" but at the same time "they've wronged me, how can I trust them?"

If I had only been with her for a few months or so, or if it was purely a lustful relationship, it'd be much easier to walk away. When you've been with them for years, and living with them as well, it's a right pain in the arse.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never cheat on my girlfriend. The idea of me cheating on the best thing that i've ever had in my entire life is just stupid.

As for this whole 'once a cheat, always a cheat' thing, i do think that people can change. However, I personally would never be able to trust that person again, even if i was aware she had changed. It would just hurt too much; to know that I loved someone so much and they went somewhere else...I wouldn't be able to cope.

I think we need someone with experience of being cheated and eventually carrying on with the relationship to give us some hope.

Ross and Rachel...?

I know people who have, granted they had a short break after it happened but they've been going strong for a good few years now.