NEurope
Cubesta

Time Crisis? House Of The Dead?

Ok I don't imagine it's just me...but surely the aforementioned titles would be perfectly suited to the Wii!!

I mean come on! I thought Namco Bandai would have jumped at the chance to bring the Time Crisis series to the Wii once all had been revelealed about the system and its revolutionary Wii-mote.. The same goes for Sega...and well any company with half a brain it seems...

I don't expect ports, but brand new entries into these franchises... I see nothing wrong with getting these games on a Nintendo system, and believe it could only strengthen the power and popularity the Wii name brings..

What do you guys think? Yay or Nay?

wii motes not a light gun. try playing house of the dead on pc with a mouse.

oh and someones already done it home brew

Ok I don't imagine it's just me...but surely the aforementioned titles would be perfectly suited to the Wii!!

I mean come on! I thought Namco Bandai would have jumped at the chance to bring the Time Crisis series to the Wii once all had been revelealed about the system and its revolutionary Wii-mote.. The same goes for Sega...and well any company with half a brain it seems...

I don't expect ports, but brand new entries into these franchises... I see nothing wrong with getting these games on a Nintendo system, and believe it could only strengthen the power and popularity the Wii name brings..

What do you guys think? Yay or Nay?

It would neat, no doubt.

But, sadly, making new games requires investment so the fact it's perfect for it doesn't mean it'll happen, so perfect matches like NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon, Wiikami, Samba de Amigo, F-Zero, Starfox and even Pikmin 3 (and much more) are not guaranteed.

Although it should be noted that F-Zero, Starfox, Pikmin and (bar a shock turnaround) Nights ARE guaranteed.

Although it should be noted that F-Zero, Starfox, Pikmin and (bar a shock turnaround) Nights ARE guaranteed.
I certainly hope so :)

It was the monkey ball team that made F-Zero GX (with a heavily modified engine), I've been looking at them and realized they hadn't got any announced title after Monkey Ball 3 on Wii's launch, I hope it's in production. :yay:

Of course if the Wii user base continues to expand at the rate it is, more and more publishers are going to look at the Wii and think "Hmmmm, I wonder what we can get out of this?" So don't be surprised if you find yourself playing franchises you never even dreamed of on a Nintendo machine in 2 or 3 years time. Never say never.

Of course if the Wii user base continues to expand at the rate it is, more and more publishers are going to look at the Wii and think "Hmmmm, I wonder what we can get out of this?" So don't be surprised if you find yourself playing franchises you never even dreamed of on a Nintendo machine in 2 or 3 years time. Never say never.
It's already happening, Konami (eledees, dewey's), Capcom (treasure hunter Z) approaches to the platform have been throwing new franchises into the table...

I know that the Wiimote is not a light gun, but in essence it still manages to create the same effect and feel. This just seems so perfect to me, that I'm just so surprised that it hasn't been announced yet is all. 2 player co-op would be insane...the graphics could get a nice overhaul from the ps2 standards and...oh well, Guess I'll just have to go on dreaming....

Make a light gun attachment, jsut a little holder for the Wiimote. BANG, you've got a lightgun BANG BANG, you're shooting guys, it rules.

I've been saying this for ages, they are two of my most favorite series of games, I love them. Plus, the Wii means the uptake rate would be higher as the games don;t need a peripheral, the Wii-mote is the gun. Plus, all of these games look decent in arcade form, but not ground breaking so the Wii could handle them easily in arcade perfect form.

And that's my point EXACTLY!!!

Question now is...

Why haven't the developers/publishers realised this?

Make a light gun attachment, jsut a little holder for the Wiimote. BANG, you've got a lightgun BANG BANG, you're shooting guys, it rules.

how easy people forget, nintendo unveiled this when the wii was first announced, whether we will ever see it is another matter.

800px-Wii_zapper.jpg

how easy people forget, nintendo unveiled this when the wii was first announced, whether we will ever see it is another matter.

800px-Wii_zapper.jpg

I remember :)

I want a new Virtua Cop game for the Wii. That would be really, really sweet. :)