NEurope

As I'm relatively new to this forum, I can't say whether theres been a thread on this already or not,so modererators, feel free to lock or redirect it if so.

Basically, what do the wrestling fans here want from the Wii version of the confirmed WWE game coming soon? I'll start us off.

- Mii compactibility in some form (perhaps transfer likenesses into CAW mode)

- SD card music for CAW modes

- Motion control for Create a Taunt and (Hopefully) Create a finisher mode.

- Better career modes and better match type selection

Personally I'd be happy with a Smackdown vs Raw 2008 conversion with extras, but it would be great for another exclusive version.

That's a great idea, and I'm sure it could work in some form or other. Transfer would obvioulsy not come out accurate , but it could work as a template for you to start on.

I would like

more areana

more gimmick matches

A longer and more interactive story line(Choices and stuff)

Manager mode

Voice commentary and voice taunts

Gameplay of day of reckoning (Easy responsive controls, good collision detection, fast game) with the amount of content that the smackdown games have had.

As I'm relatively new to this forum, I can't say whether theres been a thread on this already or not,so modererators, feel free to lock or redirect it if so.

Basically, what do the wrestling fans here want from the Wii version of the confirmed WWE game coming soon? I'll start us off.

- SD card music for CAW modes

- Motion control for Create a Taunt and (Hopefully) Create a finisher mode.

- Better career modes and better match type selection

Personally I'd be happy with a Smackdown vs Raw 2008 conversion with extras, but it would be great for another exclusive version.

Well it'll probably the same versions that they put on psp, 360 and ps3. I reckon this will be a sort of update like when the smackdown series went from Smackdown to Smackdown vs Raw. This I'm hoping is more smackdown vs raw vs ecw. However I'll probably get it on the 360.

I always thought it was great how in the Xbox games, they could import mp3s for theme music. It's possible on the Wii, ExciteTruck proves that, so I hope it's implemented in WWE games.

there was a time where every smackdown game was released i always found something missing them... They can't because of some issues but wouln't it be great to edit superstars costumes yourself?

I reckon Custom soundtracks are essential. If were lucky and Nintendo get off it's arse and gets the stuff out to them, I'd also love to see online and the ability to use your Miis likeness for creating wrestlers (a' la' that weird angel multi player game in Wario Ware).

We need a good quality wrestling game, where the thought is put into moves and reactions, and not on match types. The No Mercy approach basically.

Everything in No Mercy was perfect, or almost perfect. When you used a weapon, it actually felt like it was doing damage. When you punched, kicked, it felt like there was weight to the actual wrestlers.

Smackdown 2 was released at around about the same time, and whilst it had more matches and a greater roster (I think?), the experience was nowhere near as good. Everything felt lifeless, too light and you may as well have been punching cardboard.

Thats what I want: Weight to the game. If it has a good selection of matches or wrestlers, then thats great too, but the quality needs to be there.

mer won;t be getting this as it will just be a scaled down 360 version. would only be intersted if it had some insane controls which i cnt see it happening ire con it will be a bit of a miss match as the wii mote isn;t suited to this genre

^ yeah lookin' good, gameplay-wise.

But the graphics have have ways to go until they reach the Day of Reckoning 2 status.

Gamespot say the game is gonna be more arcade emphasised than other titles. I personally like a good wrestling game but from the footage shown I think your moveset is going to be more limited due to the nature of the Wii controls. I'd be happier if you could play with the classic controller.

Mind you it's early days so you never know it might surprise me but at the moment i Think it's gonna be the WWE lite version of the next gen wrestlers.:weep:

I personally like a good wrestling game but from the footage shown I think your moveset is going to be more limited due to the nature of the Wii controls.

You analyzed that from crappy alpha version footage? Honestly, Smackdown vs. Raw games haven't been that complex on the first place, and even I have more than few ideas you could turn into to wiicontrols. :)

Seeing as how the game itself will be out in a matter of months, should I rename this thread as the Official one for SvR 2008?

Heres a thought, why the hell can't THQ team up with AKI again? The N64 WWF titles had the controls to perfection, imagine what they could do with the wii remote.:shock:

Fcuk this!!

Would rather download Fire Pro Wrestling Combination Tag from the Virtual Console.

The Wii needs a Japanese wrestling title.

If there is gonna be a wrestling game on the wii they will have to offer different controls like using the classic controller or gamecube controller otherwise I cant see it working.

i won't accept a downgrade. I have to say i can't see this being good. there is no effort being put into the wii game it seems.

They've already shown a video of the game in action. You have to use the wiimote to throw punches. The graphics looked shit by the way. Just like the PS2 games, and a big step down from DOR 2.

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/645/645924/wwe-day-of-reckoning-2-20050826060246676.jpg

Remember these awesome graphics? Well it looks like they're porting from the PS2. :(

Well... yeah, they are, since there was no smackdown engine on the cube (DoR2 engine was made from ground) and they want to share resources between them.

So yeah, they ported the PS2 engine and upgraded the fighter models since January when work in this alpha/beta build began, and they are focusing on the wiimote gameplay for now.

Let's hope they give the engine the upgrades they should up till launch, that said, I know people who were left impressed by what they've seen of this, not caring about the graphics, so I really think they should focus on that, for now.

I'm not accepting graphics which are worse than a Cube game, when it's going to come out several years later, and on a more powerful system.