NEurope
rajmist

Can someone clear up this Wii Online thing

Hi

I hear loads of things on Wiis online capability but can someone clear iot up please

is it currnetly with friend codes and a a system which hunts for people like Mario Kart DS

where u chose , Worldwide or friend codes??

I guess we'll know a lot more when there is actually an online Wii game in this country.

Elebits (US) is online-enabled, as is Pokemon Battle Revolution (Jap). You could check those games out I suppose.

To be honest, there's no worse a time to ask than right now. We haven't got any online enabled games out in this territory yet, and as soon as one piece of news arrives, another source disapproves it, and then another source goes against that one. It's all very tedious for fans, I must admit.

Best bet: Wait for the first load of online enabled games or for Nintendo to say something.

Nintendo should have had their netplay sorted ages ago, and had games confirmed that would utilise it. They went on about Wii + DS being major steps forward in online gaming, yet they don't yet have a system for meeting gamers and joining gamerooms?

I'm so very disappointed.

EDIT:

Oh, and Friend Codes? That's practically the same process as connecting to a bloody IP address, something we had to do years ago to get PC multiplayer going.

Hi

I hear loads of things on Wiis online capability but can someone clear iot up please

is it currnetly with friend codes and a a system which hunts for people like Mario Kart DS

where u chose , Worldwide or friend codes??

we probably won't find out until the day before pokemon battle revolution comes out.

they already confirmed that it wont use friend codes for pokemon

and they also said that all the Mature games wont make use of the friend codes

that means the kiddy games will make use of the Friend codes

they already confirmed that it wont use friend codes for pokemon

and they also said that all the Mature games wont make use of the friend codes

that means the kiddy games will make use of the Friend codes

If this is regarding the news from N-Gamer, don't believe it. Basically, the circumstances have changed since that issue went to press, meaning they think it didn't have frieodcodes but in actual fact it does.

If this is regarding the news from N-Gamer, don't believe it. Basically, the circumstances have changed since that issue went to press, meaning they think it didn't have frieodcodes but in actual fact it does.

man if pokemon uses friend codes i wont be buying it ,

why dont use both friend codes and search for worldwide oponents that would be better so you can challenge friends online and search for maybe ranked oponents it wont cost that much for nintendo to work out the online problem

man if pokemon uses friend codes i wont be buying it ,

why dont use both friend codes and search for worldwide oponents that would be better so you can challenge friends online and search for maybe ranked oponents it wont cost that much for nintendo to work out the online problem

Now I'm confused. With the friend code system, you CAN still play against other people. People who are not your friends. With Mario Kart DS, for example, you can race against others. Pretty sure you can do that with Metroid Prime Hunters, as well.

The rumours (and note they are rumours) seem to say that the Wii online system is quite similar to the DS system, including that Friend Codes thing. Those are the rumours however, but since some of them originated from close to Nintendo, there'll probably be truth in it.

Nintendo (hearts) online gaming.

Online gaming (hearts) Nintendo.

So the games import the friends codes from the address book?! Than why is everyone mad about it? It's not like you have insert the same friendcodes over and over again.

So the games import the friends codes from the address book?! Than why is everyone mad about it? It's not like you have insert the same friendcodes over and over again.
Because it's not confirmed and they fear for the worse.

Hahah, on the forum index, this thread appears as "Can someone clear up this Wii..."

Lolz.

Because it's not confirmed and they fear for the worse.

Oh! Well they better! Its normal for Nintendo to screw things up, right now they're trying to re-invent the wheel of online gaming.

Hahah, on the forum index, this thread appears as "Can someone clear up this Wii..."

Lolz.

Always the ankward things everyone thinks but nobody says. And he always nails them. Well done, Bard.