Windows Vista Ram Rating Low?

I just finished building my PC, heres the system rating:

capturekr8.jpg

Specs:

Core 2 Duo E6600

8800GTS

3GB Ram (DDR2)

250GB HDD with 8mb cache.

Why on Earth is the ram rating so low? I know Domstercool only has 2GB of DDR1 and his is in the 5's. Its not important, just weird. Any ideas?

I heard that windows just spreads itself like a sheet on RAM. I don't know why I say this and it doesn't help you, but I post it nonetheless.

But again, what does it matter? As long as it's blimey fast, there's no need to worry.

Can you give us more info upon the ram its self?

Yeah, its 3 sticks of Crucial 1GB. All identical, PC4200 unbuffered ram.

You have 533Mhz ram and no dual channel. You'd need an even number of sticks to get it working in dual channel. And the memory might be working at 400Mhz depending on the bios settings.

But those probably don't have much effect on performance. You could try removing one of the RAM sticks and see if that changes. Check the motherboards manual on how to install the memory to get dual channel.

I did a quick check, its running at 533mhz. But if the problem really is only dual channel, then its not much of a biggy. I'll probably get another gig of ram around the time Crysis comes out.

Are you running Vista 64 bit or 32 bit?

I'm supposing it's the 64 bit version because the 32 bit only efectively uses 2GB.

I have 2GB DDR PC 3200 (400 mhz) here and in the memory aspect a get a very similar score to yours:

vistaramsz6.png

I'm using Vista 32 bit by the way.

Are you running Vista 64 bit or 32 bit?

I'm supposing it's the 64 bit version because the 32 bit only efectively uses 2GB.

I have 2GB DDR PC 3200 (400 mhz) here and in the memory aspect a get a very similar score to yours:

vistaramsz6.png

I'm using Vista 32 bit by the way.

I was reading stuff about Vista 32bit, apparently 3GB is the "sweet spot". Another gig on Vista 32bit (since, 4GB is the max a 32bit OS i think) is a pointless addition.

But yes, i am running 32bit :).

Aye, Windows System Assessment tool is influenced by raw bandwidth over sheer capacity in the upper 2+ GB area.

If you recall, the preliminary vista requirements had a bandwidth component that was removed when it was commercially released. That idea still lives in the System Assessment tool for performance numbers.

I was reading stuff about Vista 32bit, apparently 3GB is the "sweet spot". Another gig on Vista 32bit (since, 4GB is the max a 32bit OS i think) is a pointless addition.

But yes, i am running 32bit :).

Oh, my bad then. I thought 2GB was the maximum addressed memory in a 32 bit OS.

Im a solid 12.4.....

....Oh RAM?.....

Oh jeeze... Thats awful :D