N-Europe

Playoffs Baby!

FalcoLombardi

Its been 4 years since my high school has made it to playoffs for soccer. Just yesterday we clinched our spot in the 2005 Western Pennsylvania soccer playoffs with a record of 11-6 (49 Goals For, 16 Goals Against.)

This post was just mainly to tell everyone of why I've been away and haven't posted. Our first playoff game is either next Monday or Tuesday, so wish us some luck. :)

And I'll leave you with a few links:

News Article

Schedule and Results

Yeah man. Football is great, i'm happy for you Falco that you got into the Football playoffs. Hope you win in your next Football game! Good luck!

"The rest of the starting lineup consists of seniors Jason Messer at sweeper, Kevin Stinelli at stopper, Guy Dedola at center midfield, Brian Balent at outside defender along with juniors Charlie Dagnal in goal, Dean Dedola on defense and Ben Bagato at center mid. Sophomores Dan Zinski and Joe Koffler are outside midfield starters."

WTF are those positions.. Playing Netball are we?

Outside defender and outside midfield just sounds odd. Surely Right/Left Midfield, or Right/Left Back/Defence is better.

Any well done Falco, and good luck mr stopper!

"The rest of the starting lineup consists of seniors Jason Messer at sweeper, Kevin Stinelli at stopper, Guy Dedola at center midfield, Brian Balent at outside defender along with juniors Charlie Dagnal in goal, Dean Dedola on defense and Ben Bagato at center mid. Sophomores Dan Zinski and Joe Koffler are outside midfield starters."

WTF are those positions.. Playing Netball are we?

Outside defender and outside midfield just sounds odd. Surely Right/Left Midfield, or Right/Left Back/Defence is better.

Oh how I loathe the Americanisation of our great sport :weep:

Anyways congrats and all that, hope you win!

A stopper is the guy that's used when it's 1-0 and the coach wants to stall till the game hits 90 minutes.

The task of the stopper consists of either kicking ANYONE in possesion of the ball in the tallywhacker, thereby suspending the action for a few minutes. Starting fights is also one of their specialties.

It's all tactics

A stopper is the guy that's used when it's 1-0 and the coach wants to stall till the game hits 90 minutes.

The task of the stopper consists of either kicking ANYONE in possesion of the ball in the tallywhacker, thereby suspending the action for a few minutes. Starting fights is also one of their specialties.

It's all tactics

WTF.. Thats not a position, thats a thug.

I wouldn't say there is any position whose task is to specifically stall a game. Whether a player is good at holding up the ball, everyone should be able to time waste. And I for one frown at time wasting its annoying and unsporting.

a stopper i mean come on, that is just ludicrus!

well done falco for doing so well with your footy team, but damn cant you teach your american buddies some proper names for posistions in the beautiful game!?

oh my god its hit the right angle!

*shoots american commentator*