NEurope

The Leona Lewis invasion of America has begun. Her single has hit Number 1 on US iTunes, and looks as thought it's going to hit Number 1 on the Billboard charts. Thats pretty special for someone coming out of something like the xFactor. She's like Kelly Clarkson (in the sense of actually getting somehwere)...but british.

They always predicted she'd do well over there. Didn't totally believe them, but glad she's doing well. :)

Have to say, I'm not a huge fan, and the album hasn't grabbed me at all. I like Bleeding Love and the new double-sided once.

I like her cover of Snow Patrol too.

They always predicted she'd do well over there. Didn't totally believe them, but glad she's doing well. :)

Have to say, I'm not a huge fan, and the album hasn't grabbed me at all. I like Bleeding Love and the new double-sided once.

I like her cover of Snow Patrol too.

I totally agree, the album is far from brilliant. But Bleeding Love is a great track (as is Better in Time - they're the only good ones on the Album. Well, I Will Be is alright, but I only think that because I love Avril Lavignes original :p), and I think she'll definitely go on to greater things in terms of quality.

She just needed something to propel her into the limelight. The next albums in 2009, so hopefully with the amount of time being taken, it should be a little better.

Edit: The Snow Patrol cover is better than the original, it's amazing!

--

Haha, I just heard Pendulam - Blood Sugar. It's so funny! "Fuck it, I lied. It's Drum and Base, What You Gonna Do?"

I'm into some classic rock stuff randomly, are after hating in generally. Relistening to Iggy Pop (I actually liked him beforehand though), The Ramones and David Bowie.

Always loved Velvet Underground.

None of the stuff you listed could, at any time, be classed as 'classic rock'. If you've not heard any Stooges (I assume you're just referring to Iggy's solo stuff) then you should check out Raw Power. Fantastic album. Oh, and for more of Lou Reed when he was good get a copy of Metal Machine Music. One of the most influential albums of all time, some of the most beautiful noise ever recorded.

Latitude tickets on sale at 7pm. Went there last year and it was awesome. defo gonna get me some.

Franz Ferdinand been announced as headlining so far.

Britney Spears' new song is, as expected, shite. But the video...oh my sweet potato! It's diabollockal! :shakehead

The three headliners for Latitude are Franz Ferdinand, Interpol and Sigur Ros, not bad for a minor festival (although one that does cost £130). Saul Williams and BSP look to be pretty strong rumours too. Looks like the old pedigree of the comedy tent has been moved from Reading/Leeds to Latitude as well.

The three headliners for Latitude are Franz Ferdinand, Interpol and Sigur Ros, not bad for a minor festival (although one that does cost £130). Saul Williams and BSP look to be pretty strong rumours too. Looks like the old pedigree of the comedy tent has been moved from Reading/Leeds to Latitude as well.

It's not actually a minor festival. And £130 is pretty good price. Last year was about £118. Yes it's only it's 3rd year but Latitude isnt all about music. You have comedy, film, theatre, poetry and loads more going on. Last years comedy tent was top notch.

Bill Bailey just been confirmed too :D

The Breeders, Elbow, Death Cab For Cutie, M.I.A and Amadou and Mariam have also just been confirmed. Looking like it will be another great year :)

Edit:

Got my Ticket! well I actually got 3 that set me back over £400. My bank account just screamed at me. Ah well can't Wait! :D

None of the stuff you listed could, at any time, be classed as 'classic rock'. If you've not heard any Stooges (I assume you're just referring to Iggy's solo stuff) then you should check out Raw Power. Fantastic album. Oh, and for more of Lou Reed when he was good get a copy of Metal Machine Music. One of the most influential albums of all time, some of the most beautiful noise ever recorded.

Well they're all fairly classic, and they're rock. I'm over it.

I've got Transformer by Lou Reed, but haven't listened ot it properly tey.

It's not actually a minor festival. And £130 is pretty good price. Last year was about £118. Yes it's only it's 3rd year but Latitude isnt all about music. You have comedy, film, theatre, poetry and loads more going on. Last years comedy tent was top notch.

Bill Bailey just been confirmed too :D

The Breeders, Elbow, Death Cab For Cutie, M.I.A and Amadou and Mariam have also just been confirmed. Looking like it will be another great year :)

Edit:

Got my Ticket! well I actually got 3 that set me back over £400. My bank account just screamed at me. Ah well can't Wait! :D

looks like an awesome festival. I would love to see Sigur Ros again, few other good bands i'd like to see there too.

all my festival money this year has gone to ATP though.

Borrowed Kelly Clarksons latest album My December, finally been able to listen to it all.

Opinion:

Mostly really good, very different to the last. Irvine is such a dark song! I love both Sober and How I Feel too. It's a pretty dark album, but I love her voice so much. There's a couple of duds on there, but mostly it's really nice. Not something to listen to all the time though, it's a little too depressing.

7.4/10

Question: is The Bends from Radiohead worth getting? I know there was a big discussion about this not too long ago, but I'm not sure I should get it, seeing as I think I only know one song from it. X3

But I can get it cheap so yeah...

Also thinking about getting OK Computer, cause again I can get it for quite cheap. Worth picking both of them up?

Most certainly. I'll tell you the deal with Radiohead: Pablo Honey sucks. All the other albums are fantastic. All of them.

Question: is The Bends from Radiohead worth getting? I know there was a big discussion about this not too long ago, but I'm not sure I should get it, seeing as I think I only know one song from it. X3

Also thinking about getting OK Computer, cause again I can get it for quite cheap. Worth picking both of them up?

Man I am so loving in rainbows right now. Yes my friend you have got to get

OK Computer and The Bends, you'll have some wonderfull music there and ide get in rainbows after that, it is fantastic.

Ide say check out the other albums after that, Ive never hard two though (apart from the singles) Pablo Honey and hail to the thief.

Post the lyrics that you are listening to at this very moment

Im so bored of cowards

Who say what they want

Then they can't handle

Can't handle love

That's 5 Years by Bjork

Yes. Yes it is. :smile:

Most certainly. I'll tell you the deal with Radiohead: Pablo Honey sucks. All the other albums are fantastic. All of them.

I must be the only one here who likes Pablo Honey. You don't know how much fun the song "You" is to play on Guitar. :awesome:

Well, seems the voucher I had expired (they wrote the wrong date in their email, boooh), so no Ok Computer for me right now.

I did get The Bends though (as well as Snow Patrol's Eyes Open, since it was cheap as well and I like some of the songs). ^____^

That's five new albums in like, less than two weeks, wheee. X3

Now they only have to get here... >.>;

And for lyrics:

Let them trace the raindrops under soft black stars

Let them follow whispers and scare away the night

Let them kiss the featherbreath of soft black stars

And let them ride their horses licked by the wind and the snow

Soft Black Stars by Antony and the Johnsons.

I often forget just how good The Bends is. It's early radiohead, so it's not as mental as their later stuff but it's an amazing rock record. Some wonderful music.

oh and lyrics? can't beat Kid A.

We've got heads on sticks

You've got ventriloquists

Standing in the shadows

at the end of my bed.

DVNO video:

I love the ending with Justice. SO ME rock!!

I must be the only one here who likes Pablo Honey. You don't know how much fun the song "You" is to play on Guitar. :awesome:

I don't really get the appeal of Guitar Hero, unless you can't afford a guitar, or something. :heh:

Lyrics I'm listening to now (when I read chairs post)

Oh, I’m getting tired of believing

Even sicker of pretending

That it’s not so bad, just wait it out

Oh, I think you’re feeding me lies again

--

Awesome video Daft!

I don't really get the appeal of Guitar Hero, unless you can't afford a guitar, or something. :heh:

I did mean on a real guitar, hence the word "Hero" was not in the post. :heh:

Yeah, my friend (well not really a friend, but a guy in my year - he has really uninteresting chat, so I would prefer not to be his friend) is like uber at Guitar Hero; he can beat all the stages on expert or whatever.

And then when you pass him a real guitar, he can't play for shit.

Realistically, just learn to play the real thing.