NEurope

I'm shaking in my boots, because I'll be in Oxford when they tour, and can't exactly buy tickets, because I have no idea how I'd get to the venue in London, and whether it would be plausible for my schedule.

Haha yeah, I was in the same sort of position, but ultimately I figured it's fucking Tegan and Sara, probably my favourite band, so went ahead and got tickets. My friend's coming up from London specially, then we'll possibly have to stay in Manchester for the night because there are no more trains / coaches back to Leeds after half 11... should be interesting. But hopefully totally worth it.

Point is, I agree with Ashley, buy tickets, do eet!

The Shepherd's Bush Empire tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 9. *Screams*

I'll see you there. Well, possibly. You'll be one face in a thousand. Plus I may not get tickets.

If I see you Molly, be prepared to fight in close combat.

-------

I love how Tegan and Sara are so popular nowadays.

If I see you Molly, be prepared to fight in close combat.

-------

I love how Tegan and Sara are so popular nowadays.

Not sure why we're fighting, but I look forward to it.

------

Don't make me sound like a fair-weather fan because it's false, I tell you.

I wouldn't mind seeing T&S (am I classed as a non-Johnny-come-lately as I've liked them since 2005?) but I don't have friends and always forget about gigs. Shame all the lesbians I know have moved back to Sweden.

Also it would appear that a third Gorrilaz album is in the works and The Horrors will be helping with one track.

I wouldn't mind seeing T&S (am I classed as a non-Johnny-come-lately as I've liked them since 2005?) but I don't have friends and always forget about gigs. Shame all the lesbians I know have moved back to Sweden.

You don't need friends necessarily.

I'm going alone. I went to a Telepathe gig alone. I love being alone.

You don't need friends necessarily.

I'm going alone. I went to a Telepathe gig alone. I love being alone.

Oh no I don't mind going alone to things, but its a combination of a) I'll forget and b) I live nowhere near wherever gigs are played and thus I end up stuck somewhere past the last train home.

Oh no I don't mind going alone to things, but its a combination of a) I'll forget and b) I live nowhere near wherever gigs are played and thus I end up stuck somewhere past the last train home.

I think b) applies to me too.

I'll just have to with a giant fight.

I'd presume there are quite late trains back to Oxford from London (I think the last to Brum is about 11 and Oxford is closer so I'd imagine they run later). If not the night buses may stretch that far.

Just checked. Last overground train from London (Paddington) leaves at 0:21 and gets back at 1:30.

Edited by Ashley

I'm onto track 8, where it got a bit slow, but then the clarinet came in and now it is back to fuckingawesome++ Also track 5 was different, but will probably grow on me.

This mean nothing to me oh Vienna

I think b) applies to me too.

I'll just have to with a giant fight.

Blue , the most human colour!

*Spits into his cupped hands. There may or may not be blood present*

----

The sounds in this song sway me.

My Songs Of The Day! Listen to them at your own peril. :grin:

Nerina Pallot - Real Late Starter

iwrestledabearonce - Danger In The Manger

Amanda Blank - I'm a Lady

:D

The Bronx side project, Mariachi El Bronx

They usually sound like this

So, The Resistance. I've listened to it through once and yeah, I love it. It's fantastic. Undisclosed Desires has been stuck in my head since listening to it, strangely, it's very catchy and has something about it. It reminds me of some of the less popular songs by Madness I used to love as a kid, actually, as strange as that sounds. On top of that, Unnatural Selection is brilliant as hoped and on any other Muse album would be a welcome close to it, but Exogenesis is a fantastic outro to the album. It's what I was looking forward to the most about the album, and I wasn't disappointed. The only downside to it was that it had to end - it did feel somewhat short for what it was.

MK Ultra, also, is a stunner. Along with Resistance. Love them. Could do without I Belong To You personally - it just hovers around and does nothing, probably my least favourite Muse track to date so far, but I'm assuming it's a grower. SCG, I don't think you have anything to worry about, so please stop comparing it to OOS before you've even had a chance to listen to the whole thing throughout! :heh:

For the record, it's very different to any other album they've done, but it works. I don't think it can be compared to the others in the way they can. Can't quite describe this yet. I'll think about it. I'm looking forward to my train journey to work tomorrow though :heh:

I was just about to post my thoughts on Muse.

In short: comedy masterpiece.

in shorter: hahaahahaha

I've been hearing mostly good things about The Resistance, some hardcore Muse fans have even been saying that it's better than OoS.

I've loved what I've heard so far though, I think it'll be absolutely epic! It's already sounding far far better than Black Holes and Revelations imo.

Of course, I haven't downloaded it, I'm waiting till I actually get the album. Although I'm worried I won't get it on time, due to the huge backlog of post at the moment. My pre-order on HMV.com says that it's still "not been issued by supplier". That, and the fact my friends are telling me how amazing it is doesn't help. With all this in mind, I might have to download it. ><

I've been hearing mostly good things about The Resistance, some hardcore Muse fans have even been saying that it's better than OoS.

Does "hardcore Muse fans" mean "Muse fanboys" ;)

I kid. Although from what I have heard its not a pip on the old stuff but im sure it can still be a nice album itself.

Completely random but everytime I listen to Kristin Chenoweth and Ellen Greene's cover of 'Birdhouse in your Soul' I'm amused by the line "...after killing Jason and countless screaming argonauts" because the last thing I can imagine Ellen Greene doing is killing.

Edited by Ashley

So, The Resistance.

SCG, I don't think you have anything to worry about, so please stop comparing it to OOS before you've even had a chance to listen to the whole thing throughout! :heh:

Fine but when I'm hearing stuff like this...

I was just about to post my thoughts on Muse.

In short: comedy masterpiece.

in shorter: hahaahahaha

It kind of makes me wonder... anyway, I'd take the above comment with a very large pinch of salt because I know that while your taste in music on the whole is very decent Imo Dan, you're very dismissive about the albums that are anything less than five star quality - at least that's how it seems to me - deeming them "shit" for no real reason. :blank:

But we have pretty different tastes in music on the whole, yes I have liked quite a lot of what you've recommended; Soundgarden, Simian Mobile Disco, Temple of the Dog... all quality but they still aren't my favourite artists of all time or anything. :heh:

I know that Muse have fallen far since OOS - and yes Dyson maybe you're right and I do need to stop comparing each album to it but ::shrug: - but their albums since have still been enjoyable and I believe that The Resistance will be yet another of those enjoyable albums and I don't see what's wrong with that? Yes I want more from Muse because they are capable of far greater and we all know it but it's still far from mediocre surely? :indeed:

I'm sorry but that's purely hype, anyway I look forward to getting their new album, listening to it properly, hopefully not comparing it to OOS - *sigh* - enjoying it for what it is and moving on / anticipating their next whenever it comes along, I still think they should take a long break to rethink their style after this though.

Edited by S.C.G

I do have very high standards S.C.G so I know I can be a bitch sometimes but this new muse album is boring. It's just by the numbers Muse, like a covers band or a pastiche. To me, that's far worse than a 'poor' album that at least tries to be interesting because it doesn't evoke any kind of response from me. Really, that's what music should be about when you get down to it so yeah I am hard on mediocrity, but justifiably so.

Fair enough... I can only hope that they try harder next time to create something more 'original' rather than just 'enjoyable'.

--------------------------------------------------

In the meantime I'm not too fussed, as I have plenty of other albums to listen to :smile: I've finished listening to Bjork's main discography which I was very impressed with on the whole; I've started obtaining some of her earlier works too such as Gling-Glo and the four Sugarcubes albums but I'm gonna take a 'break' from her now and listen to Avenged Sevenfold who I've always liked - even saw them live once - but never checked out their entire discography so I'm gonna start by Sounding the Seventh Trumpet today. :D

I've loved what I've heard so far though, I think it'll be absolutely epic! It's already sounding far far better than Black Holes and Revelations imo.

Of course, I haven't downloaded it, I'm waiting till I actually get the album. Although I'm worried I won't get it on time, due to the huge backlog of post at the moment. My pre-order on HMV.com says that it's still "not been issued by supplier". That, and the fact my friends are telling me how amazing it is doesn't help. With all this in mind, I might have to download it. ><

It is better than OOS more rounded Citizen erased and PIB still up there but EXO is the best ever

Exo gives ne more goosebumps than any music ever will again